0W40 white oil with anti-wear boron nitride

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
ange
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ange » 15/08/06, 10:58

Hello,
I wanted to make a point on a choice of oil.
Indeed there are quality requirements for an engine oil:
API, CCMC, VAG VW, JAMA. They must be written on the container behind. If not, don't buy!

API - this is a MINIMUM quality requirement, which means that an oil that barely meets all the requirements receives the same certificate as an oil that meets and exceeds all.

API is an American standard which is not at all suitable for our European cars. Worse still for Diesel engines published in 1987 bearing the letter CE are specially developed for American trucks. They do not respond to the European problems of shirt polishing and accelerated wear of Diesel engines!

The existence of temporary and permanent viscosity losses appeared to cause severe engine damage, especially with regard to black sludge, VW decided in 1981 to no longer accept any SAE API SE multigrade oil. They developed a specially "house" standard Volkswagen 500 00 and later 505 00.
These are high quality oils, suitable for all Diesel and Petrol engines and which also have great cleaning or detergent power.

Mercedes went even further and released its more severe standard 226 5. These are oils that are suitable for the reliable and long-term lubrication of Mercedes engines.

The European builders are united in an association called CCMC (Committee of Builders of the Common Market). In the case of petrol it is the letter G (gasoline) D for diesel.
They also defined classes: G1, G2, G3, G4, G5. Class G4 includes all severe tests for wear on camshafts, shear and friction resistance, and also for the prevention of black sludge. G5 adds a low temperature flow test.
All CCMC oils must meet VW requirements!

For diesel in particular in the turbo diesel the oil is heavily soiled and polluted by soot particles, which thickens it and leads to wear problems. CCMC D4, D5 are minimum quality requirements for current diesel and turbo diesel engines.

Take an oil from Carrefour 5W50 and read what is marked on the label behind on the container. Carrefour does not manufacture oil. Total does it well instead.

Change the filter better than an oil, better change the oil than an engine !!! : Cheesy:
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

0W40 white oil with anti-wear boron nitride

by denis » 15/08/06, 19:03

clear precision :D , from what source?
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 15/08/06, 19:35

Hello

API is an American standard which is not at all suitable for our European cars. Worse still for Diesel engines published in 1987 bearing the letter CE are specially developed for American trucks. They do not respond to the European problems of shirt polishing and accelerated wear of Diesel engines!

Polishing and in our language the glazing of cylinders in an engine. this is something well known on badly run new engines.
All aircraft engines that sort of piston revision and new segment, we must start with non-detergent mineral oil
you must avoid making them idle too long, do not linger on the tarmac, as soon as the engine has reached a little heat, you must take off and force it, a little above the cruising power for nitrided steel cylinders.
.It must be (beat) on chrome cylinders, otherwise in the first hours of flight the segments will freeze on the cylinders and the engine will never place, it will consume oil up to 1 liter per hour, There is no other solution than to change the segments and to pass the brush with balls in the cylinders.

Many imagine that it is necessary to coddle the engine in its first starting, it was the method of the 20s.
When the first oil, a synthetic oil or a super oil is to be avoided never the engine will run in, never detergent oil at the start
Small scratches at 120 degrees in the steel cylinder, or the porosity of the chrome engines (it looks like a visible crevice skin, eye, it is to retain the oil trapped)
The running-in is done the first 5 hours of operation the oil consumption decreases, the oil is changed and a 20 hour is repeated with still non-detergent oil, then the semi-synthetic multigrade or monograde detergent oil is put.
100% synthetic oil is not approved in aviation ...

The difference between American and European engines, the materials of the cylinders are different and in general the engines are oversized and do not turn as fast and do not force like the smallest displacement (on my Buick 3,8l petrol, the engine runs at 1800 rpm at 100kmh on the overdrive) On the Mercedes diesel 2400 Rpm at 100kmh, this is partly what explains the longevity of the engines, for consumption it is something else especially in town.

Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/07, 18:13

Here is the technical sales pdf:

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... ch0w40.pdf

I would test well in my VFR 94 for the next oil change ... but 100 € for 5 L anyway it hurts ... and then I drive more ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 20/08/07, 19:12

Bonjour à tous

Their ad compares their trucmuch oil to a 'petroleum' '5W40' oil which follows the standard ?????

Like 95% of ads, we only announce unverifiable and incomparable performances.

Fortunately they convinced 'the most demanding professionals' (without naming them) so I am reassured. : Cry:

Personally, I have never seen them compete to show that they can last and if I had a pretty motorbike I would be careful not to try this oil on it. : Mrgreen:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/07, 19:38

Is that so ? Are not competing at all?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: White 0W40 anti-wear boron nitride oil

by I Citro » 20/08/07, 23:12

denis wrote:this is the problem of any modern car, sacred suitcase : Evil: , it is the death of any small multi-brand agent or mechanic, and we, handyman, it also becomes impossible!
for my hot rod (rosalie 1933), there was the abs in default, at the dealership, there was no longer the suitcase with the diagnostic socket !! , the donor car (ford scorpio) was 10 years old !!!!
keep your r5 pit :D all these 205, r5, r21, fiesta, ax corsa..will take a sacred value, because they will be repairable by anyone it will be very economical!
for the bipass it's breathtaking! I'm going to open the filter that is still lying around in the workshop.
for oils it is necessary to monitor the level if it drops too much is that the engine in puff, it is not good, must change the brand, at ad he sold before (always?) unil oil, supposedly very good because recycled reprocessed, it had to be better: the otor in Brulais !!! I quickly stop to take synthesis of supermarket type SJ / SH: no problem at the price of SF from mo.il :D

8) AARGH !!! Denis My teenage dream, hot rodifier my grandfather's 1933 rosalie!
At the time (20 years ago) I was thinking of putting a 505 mill with a suspended rear axle .... snif, I have more than the grille ... : Cry:

Well, I'm not going to give a tribology talk (science of oils and lubrication) the canvas must provide for this ... I'm just going to confirm everything that has been said above: lapping is done with a base oil (mineral).
then when the engine is released at 50 km maximum and before it can be considered as worn, the use of a super lubricant gives extraordinary results (very significant reduction in noise, consumption and torque gain and power). I am thinking in particular of the mecacyl that we found in the early 000s (since its composition has changed). This super lubricant was made with silicone oil "silicoil" quite well known by some manufacturers ... This type of lubricant is to be avoided in gearboxes or it prevents the synchro from playing their role as well as in motorcycle gearboxes or it makes the clutches slip in an oil bath ...

I congratulate ange for its excellent information, I nevertheless use the ACEA standards and also API which have progressed a lot in 15 years going from SE, SF ... to SL today for gasoline and from CD to CF4 a few years ago (that I have no more diesel).

Finally I confirm to have imported and distributed filters what André says and I will now depot my cartridges although my challenge at each oil change is not to get dirty ... my 2 cars and the motorcycle total 650km, it will be instructive ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/11/08, 17:38

Has anyone heard of it since?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 09/11/08, 23:05

Woodcutter wrote:Has anyone heard of it since?

: Arrowu: "You can repeat the question" :?: : Arrowu:
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 10/11/08, 09:01

I guess he means white oil like milk that empties without hands : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!