Obama against the hydrogen car! A victory?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Obama against the hydrogen car! A victory?

by Christophe » 09/05/09, 00:30

Clearly, the Obama administration is not going with the back of the spoon when it comes to the road vehicles of tomorrow. In the 2010 budget, Grants for fuel cell and hydrogen research are cut by $ 100 million ($ M) compared to the $ 169 M budget in 2009, a cut of 60%.

See: http://www.greencarcongress.com/2009/05 ... .html#more
et http://www.autobloggreen.com/2009/05/08 ... ew-budget/

Recall that the budget had already been cut in 2009 by the Obama administration compared to 2008, where the budget was $ 212 million. The budget will only be $ 69 million in 2010, and will be allocated to research on stationary fuel cells to generate electricity and heat (cogeneration). More subsidies for the development of fuel cells in transport.

The Obama administration is focusing research on more realistic short and medium term solutions, namely plug-in hybrid vehicles and 2nd generation biofuels.

For your information, I sent a copy of "Rouler sans petrol" to Al Gore in December 2008 (he reads French well) and I had an acknowledgment. Who knows if my recommendations at the end of the book did not serve as a basis for reflection for the Obama team, among the opinions of many other advisers of course.

Common sense is back in politics, finally!

cordially

Pierre Langlois, Ph.D.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/05/09, 11:33

Well, I just thought: as I am quoted in the Langlois book, Al Gore therefore knows my name, hiihhihi! 8)

Good without laughing, received on the same subject:

Hello everybody

On the one hand, with several billion incentives (Stimulus Bill: http://www.greencarcongress.com/2009/02 ... ill-p.html ) and $ 25 billion in very advantageous loans to accelerate plug-in cars (hybrids or all electric), and on the other hand a reduction in subsidies to 177 million in 2009 (it was $ 212 billion in 2008) for fuel cell cars, Obama tips the scales in favor of sensible technologies for the transport of tomorrow! It was time for science to dictate political action, not lobbies.

Even Honda, which was promoting hydrogen cars with its FCX, must change its tune and consider building electric cars with plug-in batteries and hybrids. That's what the president of Honda said recently. See

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... nvironment

For your information, this is the second recommendation I made (out of 20) in the epilogue to my book “Rolling without petroleum” on page 290. Here is this recommendation:

"2. Significantly reduce subsidies for research on hydrogen fuel cell vehicles and increase subsidies for research on real short and medium term solutions (batteries, supercapacitors, fast research stations, compact heat engines low consumption, second generation biofuels, doping of hydrogen and water fuels, electric motors, lightness of vehicles). ”

And “Rolling without petroleum” was in press in October 2008. It is time to revise the mandate of the “Hydrogen Research Institute” of Trois-Rivières ( http://irh.uqtr.ca/bienvenue/index.php ).

(...)

Pierre Langlois, Ph.D.
physicist: consultant / author

For those interested, there are "big extracts" from his book on this subject:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/pierre-lan ... t6554.html

It is a very good book, full of "common sense" and very accessible, contrary to what one generally finds on the market (either too simplistic or too technical).
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 09/05/09, 11:49

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/05/09, 11:54

Obviously these figures are ridiculous ...

Example: on heat engines, there is much more than $ 100M invested each year ...

Look at the French manufacturers had succeeded in swindling (in 2006 and a few months ago) the government of 2 * 400 M € to develop the "clean car" ... and this just for France!

It does not prevent what counts is the change of policy which, finally, consists in no longer lying by saying that H2 is the future !! Because if it is (maybe?) In the (very) long term, it is not for our generations!

This is the message
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 09/05/09, 12:18

It is certain that in the short term, hybrid and electric transport, in combination with renewable energy power plants, are the real priorities immediately achievable ...

But what is good technically and ecologically does not do everyone's business :?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/05/09, 12:19

Precisely these "all" they have cleared (a little) since Bush ...

8) 8) 8)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 09/05/09, 12:22

So little my friend, so little ... :|
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/05/09, 12:24

Yes before it was 8) 8) 8) 8) now it's 8) 8) 8)

: Mrgreen:
0 x