No to the electric car, Biogas is the future!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: No to the electric car, Biogas is the future!

by ENERC » 24/07/19, 20:55

I also add that the production of biogas is incompatible with organic crops that require a lot of organic matter to work the necessary bacteria. Without biomass, you can not grow organic.
Germans are exhausting their land even faster by not putting carbon back into the soil.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 24/07/19, 21:24

I have a friend maraicher bio, and my son works at another organic farmer. Point of use of added biomass, rotation of crops, planting of fallow green manure and non-weeding are sufficient.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Remundo

by Remundo » 26/07/19, 23:08

you must be careful not to take too much organic matter from the fields,

I am not an expert on the subject, which is complex.

but for example in the case of haymaking, the complete removal of the hay, even sometimes on several annual cuts, does not prevent the grass from repelling ... by adding manure and / or fertilizer ...

it is also important to know that the plant takes its carbon in the CO2 of the air, so the organic biomass is not necessarily very fertile, it is rather minerals (eg NH4 +, PO4 and K +) and the clay complex. humic that you have to worry about. Water supply also.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/07/19, 23:58

ENERC wrote:
Do not confuse NGV and biogas: for example in Iran 100% of NGV comes from oil or gas wells :D

Natural gas is as natural as oil. Except that it is not black, suddenly it looks almost green : Cheesy:

It's also what surprised me in putting forward this table ...

The only thing he shows is that we know how to make cars with natural gas and therefore clean biogas ...

This was not the case a few years ago (LPG is closer to gasoline than natural gas ...)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 27/07/19, 08:52

little reminders: 8)

“natural” gas (questionable adjective) is mostly methane (CH4) with traces of ethane (C2H6) and some impurities. This methane is also called "town gas". It has indeed multiple sources, of which the biogas is only marginal.

LPG "liquefied petroleum gas" is a roughly equal mixture of propane (C3H8) and butane (C4H10), it is the gas in red or blue bottles. Slightly compressed, these molecules have the property of liquefying, which considerably reduces their volume and facilitates their transfer.

Petrol is a CNTP liquid and contains C7-C8 alkanes (heptane and octane).

Liquid fuels in atmospheric conditions are my preference because they are very easy to handle, store and transfer.
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 02/08/19, 19:41

Biogas production accentuates the effects of drought:
Drought: tensions around methanation

Several unions are protesting the use of fodder to feed the methanizers during this drought. In a statement of 1er August, the Confédération paysanne demands the publication "fast" of a decree to prohibit this practice.

Faced with the acute lack of fodder, the government has not taken coercive measures to use crops to feed the methanizers. This is regretted by the Confederation Paysanne, Rural Coordination and Modef. On the website of the Ministry of Agriculture, dated 26 July, it says: "Some farmers tend to grind the straws to methanize them because this practice allows to create energy for the exploitation of their farm. The minister is calling them instead to use these straws directly for animal bedding given the drought context. " An answer that leaves the Rural Coordination "dubitative". The 24 July, the union alerted in a statement: "As last year, the price of fodder will fly, even if the Minister asks to limit the incorporation of straw in the methanizers" ...

Source: https://www.pleinchamp.com/actualites-g ... hanisation
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 02/08/19, 21:13

ENERC wrote:Biogas production accentuates the effects of drought:
Drought: tensions around methanation[

This is the problem of biomass: the uses are multiple and often competitive, the surfaces are not infinite.
As long as we remain, as regards methanization, in the field of "effluent treatment", all is well. When you start to put crops, even stolen ones, in methanizers, it can get complicated.

The same goes for wood: a somewhat significant combustion unit settles down somewhere and immediately the price of wood around it will "flare up", if I may say so.

In short, there will not be for everyone, between breeding, soil replenishment, heating, anaerobic digestion, biofuels, .... For once, really not easy!

Edit: I put aside what concerns the direct or indirect consumption of products by humans, which is still the first priority.
2 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 03/08/19, 00:42

Quite, the methanization removes all the carbon from the MO, in contradiction with the initiative "4 for a thousand"
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 06/09/19, 21:50

0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)