New Road Safety Measures

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Flytox

New Road Safety Measures

by Flytox » 22/05/11, 18:26

Received this in my emails (without guarantee of authenticity).

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... oAsVLf.pdf
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 22/05/11, 18:39

As usual, the government prefers to reprimand behaviors (necessary but insufficient) rather than acting on the root cause road accidents: car overcrowding.

Reducing the number of vehicles, by developing public transport, would make it possible, with appropriate prevention measures, to drastically reduce the number of people killed on the roads, with the added bonus of two birds with one stone: the reduction in pollution ... which claim more victims.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/05/11, 19:44

What does this have to do with "Waste and recycling, treatment and life cycle analysis"?

I move in transport
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 22/05/11, 19:50

sen-no-sen wrote:As usual, the government prefers to reprimand behaviors (necessary but insufficient) rather than acting on the root cause road accidents: the automobile overcrowding.

Reducing the number of vehicles, by developing public transport, would make it possible, with appropriate prevention measures, to drastically reduce the number of people killed on the roads, with the added bonus of two birds with one stone: the reduction in pollution ... which claim more victims.

In the reasons which incited the motorist to slow down there is also the fact that the density of the traffic prevents them from it. It bites the tail a little.

Another thing, it comes back like a smell of deja vu ...., they want so suddenly to set up the start control system according to the blood alcohol level in all corners ..... that there must surely be one, well placed at the decision level, who is ready to make little buddies work so that some will put their pockets full .... Well, in any case tracking alcolo behind the wheel doesn't seem too questionable.
: Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Did67

by Did67 » 22/05/11, 22:28

sen-no-sen wrote:

Let's be frank: the offer has grown and the traffic continues ...

If people already yell when we talk about applying restrictions to them [because let's stop hypocrisy: if we respected the limitations or if we intended to respect them, what would be the point of yelling at the controls?] applying the limits creates such a stir that I can see what traffic regulation would be !!!

There are two taxes which it is quite easy not to pay: the PV [while respecting the limitations] and half of the winnings of the Française des Jeux (and other PMU) [by not playing].

For that you have to put in your head that speed kills and that it does not happen only to others and give up getting rich overnight without much effort ...

There's a way, I think!
0 x
pb2488
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by pb2488 » 22/05/11, 22:34

sen-no-sen wrote:As usual, the government prefers to reprimand behaviors (necessary but insufficient) rather than acting on the root cause road accidents: car overcrowding.

There are more and more cars and less and less accidents !!!
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accident_d ... _en_France
0 x
"The truth can not be defined as the majority opinion:
The truth is what follows from the observation of facts. "
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/05/11, 22:40

Absolutely, at the risk of repeating myself, the only valid unit for the denominator in terms of road safety is the "Passenger km"!

Using raw figures or another unit is manipulation of opinion !! It is like comparing asparagus with leeks!

For the moment I have never seen a study in France using it! (but I obviously haven't seen all the studies!)

By cons I had found one for Belgium: https://www.econologie.com/forums/securite-r ... t5572.html
https://www.econologie.com/securite-rout ... -3847.html (published in 2007)

Me, as an old mustard, I would respect the legal limitations 100% of the time when we have eradicated the 40000 dead from pollution, that is to say when the lobbies will no longer have teeth (here too I repeat myself) https://www.econologie.com/forums/post203193.html#203193 :D :D

Then I also think that we focus too much on the dead, not to mention disabilities and other lifelong after-effects (moral damages) from serious road accidents ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 22/05/11, 23:11

In front of a speed camera sign, the motorist tends to ease off, thus contributing to better road safety. It is therefore necessary to multiply these panels (whether or not followed by real or fictitious radars). However, the government is doing the opposite: it is eliminating them, on the pretext of an increase in accidents due to the sunny days of spring 2011 which encouraged more people to take the road.
Motorists braking suddenly at the sight of an unreported speed camera will be struck by the following cars. In other words, the government does not hesitate to aggravate road insecurity to better flash and tax motorists.
I do not understand that the associations for the defense of road victims have "fallen into the trap" rather than seeking to fight against the real causes of accidents: the lack of control of the vehicle due to the decline in vigilance (distraction, drowsiness , alcohol or other drugs) or insufficient signage.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/03/13, 20:17

Crash Test at 190 km / h: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmRkPyuet_o (for information)

190 km / h it seems high? Hey, however, it's roughly a head-on collision on a departmental road without previous braking (2 times 90 to 100 km / h)
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 10/03/13, 01:33

this story of adding the 2 speed does not work

2 car of the same weight which fits inside at 90Km / h, each one will suffer as if it entered a solid wall at 90 km / h

a car that enters 90 km / h in a heavy truck that arrives at 90 km / h the other way around will suffer more, but not exactly like tapping a wall at 180 km / h
0 x