Motorcycle diesel EVA products

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 15/04/09, 23:05

citro wrote:If you really want a 2-wheeler, you usually opt for a road bike with large wheels.
So I think the idea of ​​a diesel scooter has no commercial outlet

There are scooters with large wheels. As for the commercial outlets, it is up to future customers to decide. For now, it seems difficult to me to make a prognosis since no manufacturer offers this kind of product.
Last edited by Cuicui the 16 / 04 / 09, 11: 55, 2 edited once.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 16/04/09, 00:13

Christophe wrote:[...] Already in France alone, in the 80s there was a motorbike with a Citroën flat diesel engine (surely derived from the visa?) :) (A nice stew but chuuutt ...). [...]
I think you must confuse the BFG which used a GS engine, with the Boccardo which used an AX 14D engine (the TU3, I believe?) But reduced to 1200 cc ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/04/09, 10:51

Uh I don't know anymore, I read it briefly, over 10 years ago! Okay I searched a bit and found the following:

The BFG is that (the slogan too good!):
Source: http://bfgclub.free.fr/labfg.htm

I was convinced that it was a citroen diesel engine (derived from the 2cv) ...

Ah that's it I understood, I mixed information on the BFG and the MF:

The company MF (French Motorcycle) was born from the meeting between Louis Boccardo, founder of BFG, and a printing industrialist in 1981. With the help of Ateliers de Construction Siccardi, they develop a motorcycle based on Citroën Visa engine.

The engine is a 652-hp 32cc flat-twin engine fitted in a double cradle frame. Transmission is by cardan shaft. The transmission system as well as the gearbox were borrowed from a Moto Guzzi.

Source: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moto_Fran%C3%A7aise

Must say that they looked alike anyway:

Source: http://www.bfg.asso.fr/?page_id=13

Source: http://www.bfg.asso.fr/?page_id=21
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 16/04/09, 12:25

This diesel motorcycle is a funny concept if we get out of econological considerations ....

But, make no mistake, the Dutch are REALLY tight and we usually do things you wouldn't dare to do. : Cheesy:

Example, take 1 glass of b (p) oisson qui pchtttt ... on a terrace for 3 kids with a straw for each and unwrap the sandwiches (literally wish: sand wishes?) Prepared at home with a layer of pindakaas (literally: peanut cheese) mixed with jam ... when you are told that all tastes are in nature : Mrgreen:

On the other hand, they are greener than the French and respectful of the regulations (they know how to put their filth in the trash) not like the idiots who polluted the countryside of the north during the cycling tour which took place recently. : Cheesy:

In this regard, I noticed that the further north we go and the cleaner the countryside (it's even true in our small flat country) the Walloons throw it everywhere and the flamingos don't. : Mrgreen:

Finally, I know some who will like the idea of ​​a diesel motorcycle (an old dream, in my previous life) the torque and the smoothness at the same time that can give sensations….
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 16/04/09, 15:30

Lietseu wrote: I know some who will like the idea of ​​a diesel motorcycle (an old dream, in my previous life) the torque and the smoothness at the same time that can give sensations….

+1 :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/04/09, 17:40

Cuicui wrote:
Lietseu wrote: I know some who will like the idea of ​​a diesel motorcycle (an old dream, in my previous life) the torque and the smoothness at the same time that can give sensations….

+1 :P

Uh sensations ... especially for the passenger? : Cheesy:
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 16/04/09, 18:18

Bin that's how we flirted in my time ... : Cheesy:

Obviously, with a 750cc it was easier :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 16/04/09, 18:43

everything depends on the size of the machine. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/04/09, 19:28

Remundo wrote:everything depends on the size of the machine. : Mrgreen:

I would rather speak of volume ... of displacement ... of course! : Mrgreen:

While we're at it: I get out bikers topic

I did less than 1000 km last year I think I'm no longer a biker :|
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 16/04/09, 21:58

I then move towards serious disappointments, although ...?

because I promote small but powerful machines with good displacement : Idea:
0 x