2 stroke engine: replace oil with diesel?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Remundo

by Remundo » 01/10/11, 21:15

hmm ... not a good idea :?

Diesel is not a lubricant in the soul, it is a less and less viscous fuel with modern Diesel (high pressure direct injection) ...

At 4%, you don't need a fortune in oil, in any case less than to crank an engine in 30 min : Mrgreen:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/10/11, 21:29

Try this small new 2 tps engine at € 60:
http://www.conrad.fr/moteur_d_avion_asp ... descriptif

to see how much power it squeezes !!!

We must be able to find cheaper, unless we recover mowers, brushcutters at the landfill !!
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 01/10/11, 23:21

Reduced-model engines are "cheap", but unfortunately they are very demanding on lubrication:

http://www.agamaero.fr/Le%20CARBURANT.htm

You have to put 15 to 20% of good quality oil to not gun them down.
Finally nitromethane or methanol, it's not necessarily a softness for mechanics ... : Mrgreen: but in any case the piston / cylinder clearance is very low (like 1 to 2/100 mm) and the oil is used to seal (there are no segments). With an oil-free mixture, as well you won't start (not enough compression).

In short, it is better to take an old grip on a moped to sacrifice it (in the name of science?) : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/10/11, 23:53

Flytox toasted me in style!

+10 therefore.

There is no segment ... nor controlled ignition on most!

The excess oil is especially given their RPM ... Rotation speed 20000 rpm

Come on I admit, my request is not innocent and our Maloche is accomplice because he is me we started this:

His:

Mine:

Mea Maxima Culpa we burn oil in 2 smelly beats! O Sacrilege !! In addition, we are not the only econologists to do it :)

Still, it remains the most economical way to fly and almost where you want! It's not Flytox is not going to contradict us :)

Mine (we both have the same TOP2 engine) takes 80 rpm in full flight (measured this evening in flight) ...

We consume roughly 2L / h ... quite reasonable therefore :)

Obviously out of the question given the risks of testing these engines ...
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 02/10/11, 00:39

It does not give the principal

consumption 2L / h checked on my device

and a video I made last week as a bonus http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl?file=/f12BZsMh

But all this is irrelevant, the question is also valid in reverse,
would it not be beneficial to put a little diesel in petrol for a 4 stroke?

:D
Last edited by Capt_Maloche the 02 / 10 / 11, 00: 41, 1 edited once.
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/10/11, 00:41

If I give it, I just edited : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 02/10/11, 00:55

Flytox wrote:...

You have to put 15 to 20% of good quality oil to not gun them down.
Finally nitromethane or methanol, it's not necessarily a softness for mechanics ... : Mrgreen: ...

The manufacturer of the top 80 specifies 2% synthetic oil in running-in then 1.6% precisely
The engine of the school at almost ten years on this diet and runs every day
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/10/11, 01:00

a) These are engines that have nothing to do with it.

b) Put methanol + nitromethane in your TOP and the 10% you will need it given the RPM you will take :)

No kidding: boosting octane with ethanol or methanol would be a good thing for a small engine like this ...

The SP95 is E10 now almost systematically right?
It should work better than 98 ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 02/10/11, 14:44

Capt_Maloche wrote:and a video I made last week as a bonus http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl?file=/f12BZsMh

No access to the video but something to help the girls ????

But all this is irrelevant, the question is also valid in reverse, wouldn't we be interested in putting a little diesel in petrol for a 4 stroke?

If the engine clicks generously, to help out on the side of the road it must work ... For the pollution, I have some doubts, finally someone may have already tried it. : Mrgreen:

On a Brigg and Straton mower with little fuel and a lot of diesel (proportion?) It didn't start. (reversal of the cans to fill up)
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 02/10/11, 15:52

I doubt very much that a short time will last a long time if you replace the oil mixture with diesel.
I happened to one day inadvertently put normal gasoline in place of the usual mixture on a backpack brushcutter; the engine started before the end of the refueling, and it was not the cylinder that had started , but the engine bearing on the crankshaft which had kramed.

The comparison with a slow boat engine is completely wrong.

This rarely exceeds 90 laps at full load.

Each cylinder is lubricated with an oil whose characteristics and flow are very important to ensure the life of the liners; all around these grease nozzles are arranged just above the scanning lights and are supplied by a pump metering and non-return valve.

The slides, the connecting rod assembly are lubricated by a pressurized oil circuit; this oil circuit also supplies the interior of the piston to ensure its refrigeration.
all this oil falls as rain in the crankcase, then in a ballast (tank under the engine) and is taken up by the pump to pass through an exchanger before returning to the engine at around 40 °

The engine liners are fully refrigerated around their perimeter by a pressurized water circuit maintained at around 85 ° at the outlet of the engine.

It is a very complex mechanism that has always worked with turbochargers.

The exhaust gases are used to supply a boiler for all on-board services: turbo-alternator for electricity, boilers for the production of fresh water ..... ect
On oil tankers, this exhaust gas passes through a scrubber (the gas passes through curtains of water spray) before being injected into the oil tanks, so as to replace the flammable gases with an inert gas ( less than 7% oxygen) so as to eliminate the risk of explosions.
0 x