Limited urban speed: ZONE 30 km / h in the city (project in Strasbourg, done in Brussels in 2021) in Paris?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 09/02/11, 16:20

Okay, provided they increase the frequency of the buses / trams to please everyone.

Anyway I think it would not be a bad thing, since limit to 30 or 50, the average speed of traffic in Strasbourg is less than 30 in general (as in many large cities)
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 09/02/11, 17:42

By bike, flat, I greatly exceed 30Km / h without cars in front !!
Cycling without lights like highways !!
So many more cars at all !!
Put free parking and buses !!

And less obese !!
Give the driving license only after a bike test to climb 200m of elevation gain at 20% !!

Anyway I see that nobody respects this limit with the necessary care !!

It is better to double the number of tickets for non-compliance with the basic highway code and dangerous driving.

Since at home by domestic accidents, there are 20000 deaths per year, we must also act to reduce them, by becoming aware of the dangers at home !!!!
0 x
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 09/02/11, 18:49

dedeleco wrote:Since at home by domestic accidents, there are 20000 deaths per year, we must also act to reduce them, by becoming aware of the dangers at home !!!!

I'll meet you. already installing smoke detectors would be a good start.
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 09/02/11, 20:46

9000 deaths per year per fall, especially young and old !!
So teaching them to avoid falls, to be careful, and also to fall can be useful, in particular improving the physical condition of old people by making them exercise and being less unbalanced is crucial !!
I see at my age some people break something at the slightest drop, not me !!

Advice is also useful, like being careful and knowing how to stall a ladder, even at home, to climb into the attic !!
The son of a neighbor, a little obese and not very agile, at about 50 years old, died thus, the ladder slipped, he fell on his head back, he got up, then lay down in his bed rang where he died alone!

So learning to be careful would decrease the number of deaths !!
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 09/02/11, 20:47

Considering the little place where you can drive by car in the center of Strasbourg, I'm not sure that it changes much : Cheesy:
Anyway me when I go I always take the P + R formula
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/02/11, 00:00

A zone 30 everywhere ??? Sorry but it is delirious..Look at the big avenues in Strasbourg like the avenue des Vosges ... at 30km / h it will stop mathematically more during rush hour!

What is a transit axis?

Urban artist isodistance, with a current car consumes and pollutes more at 30km / h than at 50km / h ...
See: https://www.econologie.com/vitesse-et-co ... -4314.html

Strasbourg, which I know well, is already very well equipped on cycle paths, see this map: https://www.econologie.com/plan-des-pist ... -3417.html

What is needed is to encourage people to use their bikes more ... (I have never seen a traffic jam on a stras cycle path ...)

A campaign to encourage the use of bicycles will cost less and make Strasbourg residents bray than going all at 30km / h ...

Tram relays are good but insufficient ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 10/02/11, 08:12

Having also dragged my gaiters on foot and by bike in stras .... I understand the measure ... I saw relatively little car compared to some other city center ... So ole fines must be lacking in terms of money back ... Alos like that at 30 we can even amend 30 to 40% of bikes ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/02/11, 10:20

Macro, the hyper center of Strasbourg (Place Kleber, Place Gutenberg, Place de la Cathédrales ...) has been pedestrian for almost 20 years ...

This is a very good thing! (I got a plum on a motorcycle because I was parked in the pedestrian area one evening ... pfff : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: )

But when I read zone 30 on the whole territory of the commune ... this seems to me to be largely exaggerated and especially counter productive econologically speaking!

The slower we go, the longer we stay on the road...no? And therefore risks of traffic jams during peak hours ...

Then if everything is in zone 30, the current zones 30 will become what? 10 zones?
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 10/02/11, 10:33

Christophe wrote:What is needed is to encourage people to use their bikes more ... (I have never seen a traffic jam on a stras cycle path ...)
It may be one of the objectives :?:

Christophe wrote:A campaign to encourage the use of bicycles will cost less and make Strasbourg residents bray than going all at 30km / h ...
For the same objective, there are several methods to choose from.

If I compare to a city that I know well (Montpellier), the town hall has long chosen to "drive the car out of the city center".
Instead of starting by making public transport more efficient, we did everything to make the car less so by fitting out the city center so that it was constantly congested.
Result: Montpellier residents take the tram ...
Finally, braying the motorist is as effective as encouraging him to take public transportation : Mrgreen:
0 x