KTM X-Bow roadster exclusive, expensive and unnecessary ...?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 09/07/09, 11:12

Boo what is this ugly thing to scare away a herd of badgers?
Is that a supercharged lawn mower?
: Shock:
It was built by a jacky it's not possible!
: Mrgreen:
Carburologist, but what are you doing on this forum ?

It's in the same genre too:

http://jtuning.free.fr/renault/super5_xl.php

Mouarrfff!!!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/07/09, 11:27

Ah ah ah the Super 5!

Woodcutter wrote:Do you think it's more dangerous than other vehicles of the same type? More dangerous than any motorcycle?

Not that other vehicles of the same type (but which are much more expensive at equivalent performance therefore still + elitist, therefore + rare ... this is an advantage!) But more dangerous than motorcycles, yes! And especially dangerous for "the others" and this for 3 reasons (at least):

a) I'm not going to teach you that between a car and a motorcycle, launched at the same speed (which the XBox quite allows given its lap times), the possible impact with the car is necessarily more destructive ...

b) to drive a motorbike ... you need a motorbike license ... to drive such a car which has motorbike perfs, you need nothing more ...

c) a good biker knows what he risks if he is stupid, a motorist a little less I think ... The first victim of a motorcycle accident is generally ... the biker himself. This is far from the case with car accidents!

I repeat myself one last time: this car is good ... to do lap times on the circuit ... After I stop! : Cheesy:
0 x
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 09/07/09, 11:46

I'm not going to teach you that between a car and a motorcycle, launched at the same speed (which the XBox given his lap times), the possible impact with the car is necessarily more destructive ...

: Mrgreen:
Yes, yes this car is a video game!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/07/09, 12:44

Arg, it's grodoi's fault!

N'empeche it may be a slip of my unconscious because by dint of treating the XBow as a toy ... then at the design level it is true that there are similarities. They zore the same designer that it wouldn't surprise me! Image
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 09/07/09, 14:04

Christophe wrote:[...] a) I'm not going to teach you that between a car and a motorcycle, launched at the same speed (which the XBox quite allows given its lap times), the possible impact with the car is necessarily more destructive...

b) to drive a motorbike ... you need a motorbike license ... to drive such a car which has motorbike perfs, you need nothing more ...

c) a good biker knows what he risks if he is stupid, a motorist a little less I think ... The first victim of a motorcycle accident is generally ... the biker himself. This is far from being the case with car accidents! [...]
Of these 3 positions, only b) could possibly have a connection with your point (which I find completely extremist):
[...] and besides to roll on road with seems to me a little suicidal since it is controllable on road not?

and even ! A motorbike pushed beyond its limits is very rarely forgiving, this type of (light) vehicle can be a little "nicer" with a driver who does not fully master it. This is what emerged from the press tests: it slips a little too much to be effective as it is on the circuit, which means that it forgives excess optimism.

For position a): I don't see the link with suicide.
for position c): ditto, and in addition I am far from agreeing ... This type of vehicle is not the first GTI coming that will make any 18-year-old kid with a bit of a bite who will fool around with ...

It's very surprising that you, a biker, do not understand the targeting of this type of vehicle (basically, small performance roadsters).
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/07/09, 15:14

Lumberjack ... I quote myself something that you will probably not have noticed:

Christophe wrote:I repeat myself one last time: this car is good ... to do lap times on the circuit ...After i stop!

But as you insist:

d) I do not see how it is extremist to say that a "pseudo car" which does 3.3s from 0 to 100km / h is more dangerous (for others) than an equivalent motorcycle (to find a "fat" motorcycle cube "which is more than 5.5 s from 0 to 100, you have to look carefully ...) because
- it will necessarily cause more damage on impact for "others"
- its driver is probably less aware of the risks (for him but especially for others) than a biker who rides a motorcycle for 3.3 s ...

e) what is the relationship between a) and suicide? I was talking about the impact with "others" ...

f) fortunately that X bow is elitist because at this price, it will not be in the hands of a kid who has just had his license ... in this sense the GTI are much more "dangerous" ... you are right!

g) it's not a story of targeting but of initial specifications: make such a car for the circuit yes, homologate it for the road, blah ... so fortunately it is so expensive :)
0 x
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 09/07/09, 15:24

Christophe wrote:- its driver is probably less aware of the risks (for him but especially for others) than a biker who rides a motorcycle for 3.3 s ...
When you see how most guys ride in Kawa, Yamaha and other Ducati sports cars, you wonder if they are really aware of it.
If so, they are completely idiots, or at their wit's end, or extremist activists for organ donation ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/07/09, 15:35

There are idiots everywhere Olivier ... and I think that the race for the power / perf of motorcycles enters the same reflection: some currently approved motorcycles would have nothing to do on the road! These are "circuit products" ...

Speaking of bullshit: I remember having "rotten" an R1 (free version was in Belgium so 120 hp at least) on a small winding road with my vfr of 94 (94 hp), much heavier than the R1. . like what it's not just the machine that makes the perfs ...

What? Well yes I happen to be stupid ... but that we already knew : Mrgreen:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 14/07/09, 13:10

Christophe wrote:Lumberjack ... I quote myself something that you will surely not have noticed: [...]
Of course yes ! But YOU do what YOU want, me too ...

Christophe wrote:d) I do not see how it is extremist to say that a "pseudo car" which does 3.3s from 0 to 100km / h is more dangerous (for others) than an equivalent motorcycle (to find a "fat" motorcycle cube "which is more than 5.5 s from 0 to 100, you have to look carefully ...) because
- it will necessarily cause more damage on impact for "others"
- his driver is probably less aware of the risks (for him but especially for others) than a biker who rides a motorcycle for 3.3 s ... [...]
I find it extremist to say
[...] and besides driving on the road with seems to me a little suicidal since it is controllable on the road, right?
Because, on the one hand, suicide is initially a one-person affair, therefore unrelated to "damage to others", and on the other hand (and this is where our opinions completely diverge! ) In my opinion, it is much less "dangerous for others" to leave high-performance 4-wheel vehicles on the road than vehicles with the same performance on 2 wheels.

I explained it before, but either it escaped you, or you don't want to read it, we not only get from driving a combustion engine vehicle sensations in longitudinal acceleration, but also a lot in lateral ( in bends, what ...).

And there, I think that as a biker you know it well, having 4 wheels allows you to have fun while keeping much more margin than on 2 wheels.

Finally, I do not agree at all either on the "sense of responsibility" of the drivers of this type of vehicle, as I have already said in a previous message.

Christophe wrote:g) it's not a story of targeting but of initial specifications: make such a car for the circuit yes, homologate it for the road, blah ... so fortunately it is so expensive :)
I ask you the question again: why in this case make hypersport motorcycles "for the road"? Most sports bikes (which sell well it seems to me?) Are "totally useless" ...

One more thing that you did not notice: do you understand the "spirit" of the little English roadsters?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/07/09, 13:25

Woodcutter wrote:I ask you the question again: why in this case make hypersport motorcycles "for the road"? Most sports bikes (which sell well it seems to me?) Are "totally useless" ...

Already answered: they have no more their place on the road than the Xbow ... besides by remaining in the legality, you do not exploit more than 20% of their power ... what interest?

Already my VFR with its (supposedly) "poor" 94 hp and its weight of 250 kg empty comes out of legality in 6-7 seconds DA! (I'm talking about 0 to 130 km / h) ...

I don't see any extremism in it: just observations and common sense ...

Woodcutter wrote:One more thing that you did not notice: do you understand the "spirit" of the little English roadsters?

The "sluggish cases" of James Bond? Well no... : Mrgreen:

Well I go back on my VAE ... : Cheesy:
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."