Do you know the Twike?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.

The Twike is ...

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Do you know the Twike?

by Targol » 05/05/06, 11:00

Hi everybody.

Ce forum is the one who comes closest to the subject even if I am not 100% in the idea.

My purpose is not to advertise but to ask you if you have heard of it and, if so, what you think of the Twike (more info: http://www.twike.com/).

For once a prototype whose goal is to preserve the planet reaches the milestone of production, it may be worth talking about.

Admittedly, the prices are a bit prohibitive (more than 10000 €) and I don't know if this vehicle is approved (or even homologable) in France, but the idea seems attractive to me.

What do you think ?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 05/05/06, 11:23

Pretty one,

Still need flat roads built with pretty construction machinery.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 05/05/06, 11:30

We agree.

This project fits into a context. However, the current context is current is still really oriented "everything by road" and "take our car all the time".

I wanted to register this survey with a view to "even using a car, why not this one?".

It is clear that in the longer term, once a barrel of crude at $ 150, there will not even be more energy to make and maintain the roads.

But, the subject of this forum is not "Let's get the car" but "Tips for consuming less and special engines".
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/05/06, 12:14

We talked about it recently (before I didn't know ...) but bug ... at 10 000 € it is clearly a scam (sometimes I wonder if the prices are not increased express to please the government / tankers !!! : Evil: : Evil: ) in any case it defends well the idea against which I base myself: driving clean = luxury !!! :(

Maybe at 3000 € it will become interesting ... above I doubt the commercial success since we find very good used car for 3000 € ...

But apparently the Twikes have existed since 1998 ... it is perhaps not for nothing that we have not heard more ...

: idea: Well, that gives me an idea: does electric-muscle hybrid vehicles exist? Not only would it make it possible to adapt the effort (variable resistant torque depending on the person pedaling) compared to a 100% muscle vehicle, but in addition it would allow recharging when you want or want ... and at worst going back to "bike" : Idea: And what would this not be an ECONOLOGICAL prototype vehicle project carried out by all of us and a future association which could be called "econology"?

Targol wrote:It is clear that in the longer term, once a barrel of crude at $ 150, there will not even be more energy to make and maintain the roads.

Uh I would not say but TTC it is already at $ 150 : Wink:
Last edited by Christophe the 05 / 05 / 06, 12: 29, 6 edited once.
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 05/05/06, 12:15

I think it is a good idea :
- weight reduction
- reduced comfort,
- slightly lower speed.

It shows that by being less greedy, it is possible to make electric vehicles. Urban in any case.

The only problem is security:
- Crash at 80Km?
- flattened like a pancake between two large sedans which do not respect the safety distances ... See by a truck.
- Handling on wet roads?
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 05/05/06, 12:18

But it is true that with respect to two wheels, the interest remains limited, when at the price, obviously ....
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 05/05/06, 12:56

Econology wrote:do electric-muscle hybrid vehicles exist?

One of the models, the "TWIKE ACTIVE" is precisely a hybrid muscle / electricity model. It is also, in my opinion the most interesting model. The other "TWIKE EASY", all electric, is much less econological.

abyssin3 wrote:- Crash at 80Km?
- flattened like a pancake between two large sedans which do not respect the safety distances ... See by a truck.

This is one of the questions to which I have no answer. I know that the structure of the "beast" is an aluminum tubular chassis but I have not found any crash test results. In any case, at present, we are in danger as soon as we take a road with something other than a car (or a truck) and if we drive at less than 80Km / h. It must be admitted that the car has, in fact, excluded all other means of transport (animal traction, bicycle, ...) from traffic lanes.

abyssin3 wrote:- Handling on wet roads?

There, I think I can answer, given the width of the tires, the handling should be acceptable (see the handling of a deuche in the same conditions compared to a big BM with wide tires)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/05/06, 14:38

Targol wrote:
Econology wrote:do electric-muscle hybrid vehicles exist?

One of the models, the "TWIKE ACTIVE" is precisely a hybrid muscle / electricity model. It is also, in my opinion the most interesting model. The other "TWIKE EASY", all electric, is much less econological.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh where is that signed ???
:D

Good without dec I did not find this ACTIVE TWIKE on the site .... HELP!
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 05/05/06, 14:45

Hello
It reminds me of the avatar of Ex oceano : Cheesy:
Christophe your idea of ​​muscle electric machine is the idea that nlc wants to develop with his electric bike.
In addition its already exists but not really given.
http://bionx.fr/
Last edited by PITMIX the 05 / 05 / 06, 14: 55, 2 edited once.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 05/05/06, 14:45

in fact, the twike.com site is a bit of an empty storefront. Info, you have to go get it on the websites of the national subsidiaries.

You will find a little info on the active Twike here: http://www.twike.co.uk/Start.html (Twike facts section)

Otherwise, the German and Swiss sites seem to be the most supplied but I am unfortunately not German-speaking ...
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."