Hyperloop the train of the future?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Hyperloop the train of the future?

by Leo Maximus » 11/06/20, 12:14

Christophe wrote:An LGV is a financial pit ... as much in construction as in maintenance ...

A Hyperloop track is likely to be too.

If there is a brutal sealing problem, the Hyperloop should stop on its own, braked by air and it will have the possibility of continuing to circulate at a lower speed. Passengers should be at ambient air pressure.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/20, 12:19

Exact, maintaining the vacuum will necessarily be expensive in maintenance and pumping ... You just have to look at what a ... bouncy castle consumes! : Cheesy:

I have already said all the "good" that I thought of the Hyperloop a long time ago ... We have been talking about it since 2010: new-transport / trans-vacuum-la-key-of-transport-long-distance-t9963.html

Recalled here in 2016: new-transport / hyperloop-the-train-of-the-future-t14726.html # p303204
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 11/06/20, 22:25

GuyGadebois wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote:The problem with all these devices is the necessary ground infrastructure.

Like the TGV ... when you want it to go fast.
The aerotrain was a brilliant idea torpedoed by politicians and the oil crisis because it operated on kerosene.
https://www.ouest-france.fr/leditiondus ... 38/page/14
Ps: The track you are talking about was a test track. Normal that it remains in the state.

Lifting or propelling was a good idea. But on the ground, it was nothing great at all. When we see the tons of concrete it would have taken through the countryside or the complexity of the slightest switch, we understand that the system has been abandoned. Politicians were right.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 17/11/20, 19:31

Ayé, the Hyperloop has exceeded 1000 km / h. Awesome! :

https://sciencepost.fr/train-supersoniq ... 1000-km-h/

Waouhhhh .....

But, as the article in very small indicates, it is a model in 1 / 17th : Lol: , It's already good. So the speed reached by the model is around sixty km / h. Extraordinary. : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/06/21, 09:17

Leave it to the Belgians ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

They are still waiting for their RER promised 40 years ago (I think) ...

The vast majority of air traffic passengers could switch to the Hyperloop (i.e. 90% of traffic between Schiphol, Brussels Airport, and Paris Charles de Gaulle) because the train of the future would be more advantageous than short-haul flights (at the level of speed, price, impact on the environment, etc.). Ditto for 70% of Thalys passengers.

I epaskoidire there ... : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: the slowdown is the solution, the covid should have taught us (well to the tocards who did not know it yet) .. but no we are heading straight into the wall of speed!

Roll on the 5th wave! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."