diesel hybrid truck Renault: Hybrys Tech

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/08, 16:35

citro wrote:In the savings register, several cities in France use draft horses for the collection of household waste.

Do you have an example? It surprises me a lot there ... never heard of!

As for the energy and CO2 balance sheets, I am not entirely convinced of this: the horse must be fed ... and the droppings must be picked up ... so if there is a motorcycle poop behind each canasson ... : Cheesy:

Do not laugh but the lack of dung was one of the reasons for the advent of the petrol car in the cities!
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 05/09/08, 17:07

Christophe wrote:
citro wrote:In the savings register, several cities in France use draft horses for the collection of household waste.

As for the energy and CO2 balance sheets, I am not entirely convinced of this: the horse must be fed ... and the droppings must be picked up ... so if there is a motorcycle poop behind each canasson ... : Cheesy:
Do not laugh but the lack of dung was one of the reasons for the advent of the petrol car in the cities!

Me, I saw that on the television news yesterday (France 2?). It was in Beauvais and we did not collect garbage but glass bottles for recycling.

It is a fact that dung is the m ... but it is on the road and not on the sidewalk and an integrated suction system seems to me feasible. A horse is a ruminant and therefore it emits methane from the two ends of its digestive tract, but it does not cause insults. There are advantages and disadvantages compared to the automobile.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 05/09/08, 17:34

Christophe wrote:

Indeed, a prefect of Paris had, at the beginning of the 20th century calculated that if the increase in hipomobile traffic continued on its rhythm of the time, Paris would have been buried under 1 meter of dung before the 50s.

Waste collection / on horseback
No more garbage trucks at 5 am in Beauvais. From now on, it is the clapping of hooves against the asphalt and the neighing of horses that will awaken the Beauvaisians when picking up the waste. Caroline Cayeux, Mayor of Beauvais, has just launched a pilot horse-drawn collection operation. This project, conducted from September 2 to October 3, could be, if successful, extended to all communities. It remains to be seen now which animal will be responsible for collecting droppings ...

Teams are equipped with a recovery system that prevents the dung falling on the road.

Household garbage collection: the horse could (re) take service!
To return to the economic aspect:
Indeed, beyond an unbeatable ecological balance sheet, draft horses ... have an overall cost much lower than a motorized solution (less than € 10 per year against around € 000 for a truck).
0 x
petromax
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by petromax » 05/09/08, 19:27

Leo Maximus wrote:A horse is a ruminant and therefore it emits methane from both ends of its digestive tract

: Shock:
It seems to me that all equines are mono-gastric ....

We already talked a little bit about animal traction here
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post59163.html#59163
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 05/09/08, 20:04

petromax wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:A horse is a ruminant and therefore it emits methane from both ends of its digestive tract

: Shock:
It seems to me that all equines are mono-gastric ....

We already talked a little bit about animal traction here
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post59163.html#59163

Right, so it only emits methane at one end ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/08, 20:24

Yes like all of us !! Finally that men, women I don’t believe it ... : Mrgreen:: Mrgreen:
0 x
Jumpy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jumpy » 26/09/08, 16:20

Renault Trucks is a brand of Volvo - Renault has not been manufacturing trucks for several years, everything was sold and sold to Volvo Trucks
We forget to specify that where a dump truck is enough, it takes several teams of horses to manage to cut down the same amount of work
and that it is therefore necessary to increase the wage bill, donations the local taxes (the wages of the operators, not that of the canassons)

the horse-drawn car is reserved for a few collections so unless you no longer have a drop of oil
there simply will not be enough horses or harness for that matter
0 x
Stop co2 - Timber frame house BBC
- Pompe à chaleur carefree operation since 2010