The Hummer greener than the Prius?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/05/09, 15:25

Capt_Maloche wrote:For the title, what is the concern? SEO? because on the site it is indexed with N ° no?

Do you type numbers in google you? : Shock:
Make a new topic with intoxic studies if you want but leave this old topic from 2007 intact ... thank you!

Capt_Maloche wrote:what do you want to do with that?

Ben learn about the methods of misinformation by statistics...for example... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Michel Kieffer
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Michel Kieffer » 12/06/09, 17:22

Christophe

If you had the data of the Prius and the Hummer (mass, S.Cx) for example, we could determine in a few moments the useful energy (Eu) of these vehicles… and break with the “ myths and rumors ". At your disposal for this calculation.

This using the Eu function on European cycle page 25 of the document " useful energy to moving a car » http://cocyane.chez-alice.fr/energie.html

We could also if necessary define the Eu function for other cycles. Then make these functions available to " sympathetic and voluntary experimenter »Of ECONOLOGY.

What do you think ?

Michel

PS: useful energy is the “first order cause”, and the yields of vehicles still have to be integrated (BD in progress).
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/06/09, 19:43

The mass is 2.3T to 2.7T for the "small" H3 2009.
The "old" H2 weighs more than 2.9T

CO2 emissions:
H2 V8 6.2L = 425g / km
H3 V8 5.3L = 344g / km
H3 5cyl 3.7L = 327g / km

I did not find any figures on the S.cx :?:
I just discovered by cons that the cx of cars has exploded in recent years, along with their weight ...
It would therefore be interesting to see the evolution of the Eu on these say ... last 20 years (and even 25 since VESTA and other prototypes not pipeau).
:P
0 x
Michel Kieffer
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Michel Kieffer » 12/06/09, 20:21

Citrus

When you are rich (European or average American /…), you have at least 120 hp, or even 150 hp… so the S.Cx, “ we do not care ! », This explains its degradation!

So our training information work has just started…

Thanks for the data, I exploit as soon as possible.

Michel
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 14/06/09, 00:24

citro wrote:The mass is 2.3T to 2.7T for the "small" H3 2009.
The "old" H2 weighs more than 2.9T
And the H1 (the only one, the real one!) More than 3,5 T ...

citro wrote:I just discovered by cons that the cx of cars has exploded in recent years, along with their weight ...
It would therefore be interesting to see the evolution of the Eu on these say ... last 20 years (and even 25 since VESTA and other prototypes not pipeau).
Exploded? : Shock: Imploded rather, right?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 14/06/09, 00:47

Woodcutter wrote:
citro wrote:I just discovered by cons that the cx of cars has exploded in recent years, along with their weight ...
Exploded? : Shock: Imploded rather, right?
Well I mean it increased what.
The weight of vehicles, it is no secret that we no longer find cars of less than a ton even in "city" and the cx because the fashion is in Norman wardrobes to transport these children.
The kangoo in family version, it's great no matter what, you remove 20cm at the top and you do not lose anything in terms of pleasure but you gain a lot in behavior and frontal area therefore S.cx therefore reduced consumption ...
Then there is the kirielle of raised sedans and minivans ...
:?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 16/06/09, 09:23

citro wrote:[...] Ben I mean that it increased what.
The weight of vehicles, it is no secret that we no longer find cars of less than a ton even in "city" and the cx because the fashion is in Norman wardrobes to transport these children.
The kangoo in family version, it's great no matter what, you remove 20cm at the top and you do not lose anything in terms of pleasure but you gain a lot in behavior and frontal area therefore S.cx therefore reduced consumption ...
Then there is the kirielle of raised sedans and minivans ...
:?
Weight, yes, but Cx, no!

On the other hand, the S.Cx, I agree.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."