How to properly design a VTOL/ADAV helicopter-plane?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Remundo

Re: How to properly design a VTOL/ADAV aircraft-helicopter?

by Remundo » 08/03/23, 15:12

JetRacer, no disrespect to Franky Zapata, is not a brilliant invention.

It's more of a piloting of a dozen steerable reactors, which moreover must consume a truckload of fuel per hour... :P

so it's fun and interesting, but it won't do anything serious for real passenger or freight transport.

Replacing reactors with propellers would already be a lesser evil. Think of wing embryos also for lift.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 08/03/23, 15:45

No Remundo... I'm talking about the airscooter...

Its name, the AirScooter. As Le Figaro reveals, it is actually a VTOL, an individual vertical take-off aircraft that is also sometimes called a "flying taxi".

It can therefore carry a single passenger and comes in the form of a transparent ovoid bubble. It carries 8 electric motors and 4 thermal motors for a maximum speed of 100 km/h at an altitude of 3000 to 4000 meters.

$300 to $400 per hour
Unlike fully autonomous flying taxis like the Volocopter (which we will see in demonstration in Paris for the Olympic Games), the AirScooter offers semi-automatic piloting for more sensations.

According to our colleagues, it will be presented at the end of June for marketing in 2024. The machines will be assembled at the company's new site in Châteauneuf-les-Martigues in the Bouches-du-Rhône. The ambition is to produce 1000 per year.
2 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 08/03/23, 21:09

do you have any illustrative images?
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/03/23, 08:40

it will be presented at the end of June
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
pacian-
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pacian- » 09/03/23, 12:06

My favorite is the concept of the convertible in flight in the film "at the dawn of the sixth day". It removes the speed limitation of helicopters (relative speed of the blades in evolution). Feasibility?

1 x
My preference : climate variability.
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/03/23, 13:29

It should be doable if the airspeed is sufficient and the transition phase is fast with a fall of a few tens of m...but the wings / blades are still very wide...

Is it a modeling under Flight Simulator the 2 images?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 09/03/23, 13:38

it reminds me of the helicopter plane of the Chief of the Villains of Mask, named SWITCHBLADE

Come on, nostalgia credits, that was 1980s cartoon

The helicopter to airplane transition is visible at 32 seconds in the video.

:D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/03/23, 13:41

Hihihihi, yes it's the same concept except that it tidies up the chopper mode blades!

If not, when will Plant Monsters cars be available? : Mrgreen:

1 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/03/23, 13:51

Personally when I start my car in the back of the garage the door and the gate open automatically in front of me.... I take myself for actarus : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
2 x
pacian-
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pacian- » 10/03/23, 13:36

Christophe wrote:Is it a modeling under Flight Simulator the 2 images?

Or just a sketch?
https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/c9yfbj/anyone_think_that_they_can_make_this_the/

This concept imposes a symmetrical blade profile with poor efficiency. But with a large dimension it is possible to partially correct the profile as on a wing, it is not optimum for performance.
If Remundo hasn't found what he's looking for yet, it must be doable to play with a discarded Harrier (without the bad guys from True lies), he just has to stay on his property! : Cheesy:
1 x
My preference : climate variability.