How to properly design a VTOL/ADAV helicopter-plane?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: How to properly design a VTOL/ADAV aircraft-helicopter?

by Macro » 14/11/22, 15:08

Remundo wrote:ah :P and did your grades "take off"? Were they stable? : Wink:

The expression: "capable of the best as well as the worst" suited my schooling perfectly... But it was still in the worst that I was the best...

Or else...I was the best of the less good and at the same time the least good of the best...I never aimed for excellence...In fact, apart from my math teacher's sweet things, I ask even if I aimed at something : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/11/22, 15:16

ha ha ha : Wink: by aiming like this, you were able to bounce back : Wink:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 14/11/22, 15:26

Finally, even if I am not a light.... Turbines I have a few dozen under my eyes every day, some trained and other lively... I wonder since the first page of this subject why the piping before the turbine is always more "neat" larger diameter, length without disturbances (reduction elbows ...) while at the exit we do not allow ourselves anything but almost ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/11/22, 15:29

this subject will not make use of turbines, as we have already seen, they have a catastrophic propulsive efficiency for light aviation at low speeds and altitudes.

You can open another topic if you want to talk about this in more detail.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 14/11/22, 15:35

I shouldn't have even come back here....And follow the advice of the master of the place to go back to my pistons and taxi...I felt in the mood for a joke today...

When I say turbine ... no nothing ...

Remundo wrote:ha ha ha : Wink: by aiming like this, you were able to bounce back : Wink:

In any case ... I would have liked to bounce in it : Cheesy:
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/11/22, 16:34

ok Macro

electric-transportation/lithium-enough-resources-for-all-electric-vehicles-t15492-100.html#p516012

the interlocutor should fascinate you, she has real arguments. : Idea:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/11/22, 17:23

Remundo wrote:placing unbalance, as you say, amounts to violently displacing G outside the polygon/lift line, thus clearly destabilizing the aircraft.

Do not do anything eh :P

This is the case of the quad with 1 then 2 engine failures...I gave that as an example...to illustrate that it will not work well...or not at all...

Remundo wrote:Aeronautics is not my specialty, but I have good will, and I take care of myself, especially when I find good doctors or very instructive documentation. : Idea:

It wasn't mine either...

Curiosity, analysis, audacity, strength and resilience! : Mrgreen:
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/11/22, 17:24

Macro wrote:I also stuck flies on confetti... It flies badly and not for long... A track to improve : Cheesy:

Ah ah ah!

You haven't tried on a dragonfly (Dragonfly)...it would have flown better I think : Wink: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 14/11/22, 17:36

You know the expression "spend your time gobbling flies"? well, it pretty much sums up my schooling... Maybe if the expression would have been "spend your time swallowing dragonflies" I would have had the revelation and I would be an aeronautical engineer today... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: but i doubt it : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 16/11/22, 16:01

Lift, Drag and Wing Smoothness

The wings of an airplane (and even the blades of a helicopter) have the task of moving through the fluid creating the greatest lift and the minimum drag.

The smoothness of a profile is defined by Lift / Drag = Cz / Cx

The shapes of wings and choice of profiles are very numerous, but for light and economical aviation, it is necessary to choose wings of high glide ratio.

Note that the data below are indicative as they depend on the Reynolds number

profile_wings_characteristics.png
profil_ailes_caracteristiques.png (52.06 KiB) Viewed 784 times

Source: The Little Budding Aerodynamicist

Note an American site: Airfoil Tools provides you with all the profiles and technical characteristics of this table.

The glide ratio of a wing does not only depend on the chosen profile. The drag induced by wingtip vortices degrade the theoretical smoothness of a profile (which would be an "infinite" wing).

Also do we tend to lengthen the wing, to reduce the chord at the end of the wing, but also to install devices there to reduce these parasitic vortices such as fins / winglets.

However, extending the wings too much also leads to difficulties: bulk and structural mechanical weakness, vibrations.

We then end up with strange things like these...

helios_plane_solaire_wing_souple.png
helios_avion_solaire_aile_souple.png (232.27 KiB) Consulted 772 times

Helios Solar Airplane
1 x