Heuliez Friendly, on sale soon?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 23/05/09, 16:09

Yes that's what I meant Citro :D , let's give the electric car a chance to develop conventionally, and to improve over the years. It has to start to be able to finally change the situation on the automobile market.
I totally agree with you, the complexity of thermal engine vehicles is such that they are real gas factories :D , and a big return to simplicity will not do any harm with electric vehicles. Reliability can only be much better (hello the price of parts and labor on a recent diesel :| ). And then the absence of wear with the mechanical parts that are the gearbox, the problems of exhaust, combustion, are still a nice plus.
Well, that said, not everything is perfect either, but with long-term improvement, why not? In combination with the development of renewable energy sources, it could be positive, not :P ?
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 23/05/09, 16:14

Of course, I don't really see why a well-designed electric car would be more expensive than today's thermal, or worse than a hybrid that has shown that public prices can become reasonable (Honda has done well. lowered prices these days).
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 22/07/09, 23:17

600kg is the deuche 8)

I also believe that price will be the first obstacle. But hey, ligier sells its pots of yogurt ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/07/09, 09:58

FYI: I read that Heuliez would be one of the candidates in a call for tenders launched by the city of Paris to put into circulation a few thousand (I believe - from memory) of shared electric cars (on the Vélib model).

Maybe a first breakthrough will come from there?

I have just gone through the debate, which is interesting:

1) we "feel" that it quivers; we say to ourselves that "technically", there is no reason why an electric car should not be simpler, lighter, more durable, in short, less expensive ...

2) we feel at the same time that we - or some - want their "usual" but "electric" car; in other words, the rupture of model in our heads, remains to be conquered ...

3) and obviously, I always come back to political action: I am one of those who think that it is only legitimate in this situation (a technonology which "takes off", which has "potential", etc. .), the public authorities subsidize to "erase" the additional costs; Rocard is looking for an intelligent use of the carbon tax, there you have it; to return to the first point, it is obvious that these "electric carts" have no "objective" reason to be more expensive than a C1 sold off at € 6, except that the latter is industrialized to death, produced in large quantities series (with the 990 and the Aygo) in a relatively low-wage country (Slovakia, it seems to me; the new Twingo comes from Slovenia) ... If it was produced under the same conditions, the little Heulez SHOULD reasonably not cost more (however I have a doubt about the quantity, the nature and therefore the price of the batteries) ... Produced in 107 or 2 copies, on the other hand, it CAN only be more expensive.

So, at the risk of making Christophe yell once more (he is starting to be vaccinated!), I am for intelligent political action and decreasing subsidization ...

Wild liberalism is indeed heavy goods vehicles weighing 60 tonnes (because it is more profitable, a driver for 60 tonnes than a driver for 40 tonnes - if in addition he is Lithuanian, works 6 days a week, etc. ...). I am not for "depriving" the politician (intelligent, that goes without saying) of a powerful mode of action ... (of course, there is another mode of action: regulation: laws, etc ...; I do not elude it). Even if there are abuses and abuses - as in all human actions. But if we took into account the fact that a third of fatal accidents on the road involve alcohol or drugs, we would ban traffic! This is proof that we tolerate "abuse" every day. And I can tell you that when it's your child who is broke, it hurts! (I'm talking about a friend) ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 23/07/09, 10:02

Stop the bleeding of jobs, please!

If the cost per kilometer of these machines is low enough, we can try to produce it in Europe, at least partially.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Did67

by Did67 » 23/07/09, 10:47

Just to be clear: I'm not "for" production in low-wage countries. I say that the small toilets that I quote are (it is a fact); hence, with the production in large series, the industrialization of the processes, the rather low price ...

And hence the fact that we risk staying thermal as long as the electrics do not line up. Except particular convictions (isn't Citro?).

And hence where my plea for a subsidy to take off the sector ...

PS: just for the accuracy of the words, the countries mentioned are Europe. Legally, production in these countries is unstoppable. Sarko is talking, but it's the manufacturer who decides ...

That said, I could have cited the Ople Agila = Suzuki Splash (same price range) which come from India. Like the Nano from Tata which should roll out in a version to European standards soon ... And there you were right.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 23/07/09, 10:58

We will just change the point of supply in terms of energy dependence ...

In terms of pollution .... We have fossil carbon against uranium and batteries extracted from the earth with great reinforcements of deforestation and devastation of the planet ...

I would give my hand to cut that a thermal puppy with the same performance weight and size rotating with a non-fossil fuel (methane, HV, .....) would have a much less impact than a similar battery case ...
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 23/07/09, 10:58

Like the Nano from Tata which should roll out in a version to European standards soon ...

- Do you have your Tata?
- No, but my girl has her Nano!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/07/09, 11:52

Macro wrote:
We have fossil carbon against uranium and batteries extracted from the earth with great reinforcements of deforestation and devastation of the planet ...

... non-fossil fuel (methane, HV, .....) would have a much less impact than a similar battery case ...

Interesting point of view !!!

but:

1) It's not just nuclear, for electricity! Although in France !!!!

2) Non-fossil fuels have an impact on land use, the intensification of agriculture (pesticides, energy balance of fuels produced with a lot of tractors, machines, factories, etc.?), Impact on the prices of food products (bearing in mind that it is an inherently hypersensitive market - variations in available quantities of 2 or 3% leading to price variations of 50 or 100% - this is called, in economics, elasticity of demand - in this case, it is not elastic at all!) ... They are therefore also far from being "neutral" from the point of view of impcat (even if they are neutral in CO² !!! ).

In short: there is no simple solution to such a complicated problem! To each, his "yaka" ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 23/07/09, 12:32

The ravages of the thermal automobile ... we know them ... Those of the battery-powered cart ... Not yet ... Or rather we do not want to see them as we did not want to see those of the automobile and of planetary demographic growth ...
0 x