Heat wave and premature tire wear?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Heat wave and premature tire wear?

by Christophe » 24/07/19, 11:44

I create this topic to debate premature wear of tires in case of heat wave ...

- What is the standard that defines the temperature of use (range) of tires sold at home?
- From what surface temperature do they begin to wear out faster?
- Same question for danger? Risk of bursting or outright "melting" of the tread (good there I think there is margin but ???)?

If the air is 40 ° C as currently, it is possible that the temperature of a sunny road exceeds 70-80 ° C ...

The question concerns 3 types of erasers: summer, winter and 4 seasons ...

A few years ago, I kept my winters all year round and I think I lost 10 000 km ...

Of course tire wear depends on other parameters (like geometry see my recent experience here: new-transport / nokian-weatherproof wear-asymmetric-strange-after-25-000-km-t16038.html) but I would like to know how the temperature affects ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Heat wave and premature tire wear?

by Ahmed » 24/07/19, 12:08

The wear is undeniably possible much less, at least for all those who can refrain from riding in these conditions! :D : Wink:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 24/07/19, 16:14

a hot eraser wears faster than a cold rubber, hence the heating of it in race, but it adheres better
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 24/07/19, 20:27

At this moment, as the roads are melting, I think it's more the tires that wear the road than the road that wears the tires ...
On small country roads the tar is liquid!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/07/19, 01:06

Uh not very scientific all these answers ... you used me to better ... : Mrgreen:

Ok I understand: we are all overheated cerebral ...
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."