GPL: latest news

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
professeur31
Pantone engine Researcher

by professeur31 » 06/07/06, 22:43

citro wrote:: | MOUAIS ...
I do not quite agree with this simplistic approach;
PCS, MJ / L, Density ...

In fact it is necessary to synthesize all the characteristics of 2 fuels.
I did (some time ago) a work of comparison between the different fuels.
The density: 0.555 kg / l of lpg and 0.75kg / l of sp95 does not have much interest (except when I fill my bottles of butane with lpg, to check that the pump does not rob me : Lol: ) I weigh my gas and I check that the volume in liter corresponds to its weight.
The PCS alone is not explicit, it is rather PCS / PCI report
MJ / l or Kwh / l are not exact refflets for performance differences between 2 fuels.
The actual difference is closer to 20% than 30% announced above!

Indeed, the rate of combustion, the speed of the flame front and many other parameters such as the ability to form a gaseous mixture (air / fuel) homogeneous ...

In general, it is easier to have "complete" lpg combustion than for gasoline which is characterized by high levels of unburned hydrocarbons (% HC). oil of gasoline cars (on a lpg the oil remains clean) as well as the exhausts.

All these beautiful figures are obtained in test tubes of the lab, on engines in operation, it is a very different affair ...
:!:

Yes you're quite right on PCS / PCI and simplified reasoning, however this reasoning reflects the reality quite well and in practice we find easily the 20% increase in conso (even +) compared to gasoline , especially for big cars.

For oil that is black is also accurate and it is a big advantage of LPG.
In disadvantages we can cite the power losses due to the filling rate <that of gasoline engines, has difficulties starting cold with LPG because of an ignition temperature> that of gasoline (thank you bi-fuel); the ionization voltage of the mixture is approximately 30% higher than that of the gasoline engine, which implies high coil + output voltages and therefore increased spark plug wear.
To this we can add the need to check the valve clearance often because of the increased wear of these and their seats.

So LPG, undeniable advantages, certainly!
But in no case this type of carburation has only advantages.
0 x
professeur31

by professeur31 » 06/07/06, 23:13

Paldeolien wrote:Here, I allow myself to make an affirmation. there are LPGs, diesels, and species that pollute less than others.
But behind that, by reasoning like a bell, mouahahaha, I ask myself questions, where do the fuels that pollute the least, or the most, come from?
And which process is best able to provide a less polluting or smoother fuel?
And also, what is the most stable process in production series?

grrr c relou the quality !!!

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh frankly difficult to understand your question !!
You could rest in clear stp because I am super bell and have difficulty understanding.
I do not see the interest or you want to come with these questions but hey, you probably have your reasons! : Cheesy:
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 07/07/06, 07:49

Well, it's normal that you do not understand, you've never done any quality apparently, and never evolved into production series.

Obviously you have not understood what "stabilizing" meant when you talk about production series.

I repeat that we evolve with tolerances.
We do not know how to produce exactly what we want.
We need margins of error. They are sometimes and we have no choice, very big.
The series production is also very interesting for certain phenomena that can be seen at certain times and not others.

Finally, I still agree with you; the LPG has undeniable advantages, but nothing allows me to affirm it.
I agree because I have tried and I am satisfied at all levels.
Besides I would like to iron lpg, but the vegetable oil I like too.
0 x
professeur31

by professeur31 » 07/07/06, 09:00

Paldeolien wrote:Well, it's normal that you do not understand, you've never done any quality apparently, and never evolved into production series.

Obviously you have not understood what "stabilizing" meant when you talk about production series.

I repeat that we evolve with tolerances.
We do not know how to produce exactly what we want.
We need margins of error. They are sometimes and we have no choice, very big.
The series production is also very interesting for certain phenomena that can be seen at certain times and not others.

Finally, I still agree with you; the LPG has undeniable advantages, but nothing allows me to affirm it.
I agree because I have tried and I am satisfied at all levels.
Besides I would like to iron lpg, but the vegetable oil I like too.

Ben think again, I too suffered the quality but in another area!
But your questions are so vague and confused that you do not understand much about it, and even if you see where you are going with your tolerances; this is completely off topic.
Everyone knows that tolerances exist !!!
But did not you say that you were driving LPG now?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 07/07/06, 10:31

citro wrote:[...] The density: 0.555 kg / l of lpg and 0.75kg / l of sp95 does not have much interest (except when I fill my bottles of butane with lpg, to check that the pump does not rob me : Lol: ) I weigh my gas and I check that the volume in liter corresponds to its weight [...]
It is nevertheless interesting to see quickly that a measured consumption in volume in this case is, quite normal, more important ....
This was the meaning of this exchange.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 07/07/06, 11:00

Paldeolien wrote:But what I love above all Bucheron, and it is also valid for Professor, is that suddenly, you start to ask questions that you did not ask before.

Gender "Does the composition of a fuel directly affect its combustion, on emissions of pollution?"

I think it's a good question to start a serious study. no?

(limited intelectually, eh Bucheron!)
The question is only about LPG, which actually can vary from one place to another, depending on the origin of the production (refineries and / or extraction).
We just have to know what we're talking about ... Here we are talking about 2 (or even 4) molecules whose proportions vary. There is no mention of adding or removing components. At first sight, fuel meeting the EN589 standard has fixed proportions of mixture. One can reasonably think that in Europe LPG is the same everywhere. Starting from there, why should we doubt the figures mentioned in the article?

I do not see what the "suddenly" comes to do here ... : roll:
When something interests me and I lack elements to know, I ask myself questions and I discuss with people that it interests. This approach is part of the normal process of knowledge.

On the other hand, I do not shout bullshit about forums or I don't assert post-length nonsense, as you know so well, between two irrelevant references ...

One thing that's consistent with you is that you do not come back on the bullshit you got blown up on, wonder, no? 8)

I persist and I sign on your limits: your posts are at the limit of comprehensible and as long as no effort is made on it, I do not see how we can exchange something interesting ...
It would be nice if you structure your ideas and you resume your initial intervention on the article of Engine-Nature (I will not do it for you).

PS: perfect toy? : Oops: I am flattered ! : Twisted:
PS2: Google is a spell checker? : Shock:
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 07/07/06, 14:12

Roh, my poor Bucheron, you'll make me cry!

Bucheron is that the first day I posted on this forumYou broke my balls for spelling mistakes, so from there, do not expect me to offer you flowers and become courteous!
Bucheron, you should have chosen paratonerre as a pseudo, you have the art of attracting lightnings : Mrgreen:

Professor, I said I had LPG vehicles, I did not say LPG.

Okay, I stop trolling, laughing 5 minutes but it kills the subject.
I leave you alone with all these phony questions written in French can not be more doubtful!
I'm going to do literature, I need to learn to read and write.
Good luck in your quest for the truth : Mrgreen:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 07/07/06, 14:49

Paldeolien wrote:Bucheron is that the first day I posted on this forumYou broke my balls for spelling mistakes, so from there, do not expect me to offer you flowers and become courteous!
If you want to be able to talk "normally" with people, learn to be intelligible ...

The rest is pipeau and I did not make you bows or other supplications for anything ... : roll:

Paldeolien wrote:Bucheron, you should have chosen paratonerre as a pseudo, you have the art of attracting lightnings : Mrgreen:
Why ? Because I'm not afraid to say in front of someone what I think of him? : Shock:

Paldeolien wrote:Okay, I stop trolling, laughing 5 minutes but it kills the subject.
It's good that you have finally understood!

Paldeolien wrote:I leave you alone with all these phony questions written in French can not be more doubtful!
I'm going to do literature, I need to learn to read and write.
Good luck in your quest for the truth : Mrgreen:
And come back to see us if you have any information about the disparity in LPG production chains, especially ... : Mrgreen: Or on the submersion of Holland or other infos that your nose will have provided you : Lol:

Truce of joke, if you come across a well-argued article that can be used for discussion on the LPG, bring it here, the quality info is always good to take. 8)
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 07/07/06, 23:18

Professor31 wrote:In disadvantages we can cite the power losses due to the filling rate <that of gasoline engines, has difficulties starting cold with LPG because of an ignition temperature> that of gasoline (thank you bi-fuel); the ionization voltage of the mixture is approximately 30% higher than that of the gasoline engine, which implies high coil + output voltages and therefore increased spark plug wear.
To this we can add the need to check the valve clearance often because of the increased wear of these and their seats.

So LPG, undeniable advantages, certainly!
But in no case this type of carburation has only advantages.

On my vehicles (gas injection lpg) I do not consider to have power losses, it seems to me to have more, you surely am referring to the old facilities in "sucked" who had a diffuser reducing the intake diameter for better aspirate the gpl.
For the cold start, my cars switch immediately to lpg with cold weather phenomenon of icing of the exhaust regulator. This problem (which lasts less than a minute) is easy to solve (by accelerating the flow of coolant for example).
For the higher inflamation temperature, no LPG installation (to my knowledge does not justify more powerful coils.) The gasoline cars were running with 15000volt coil voltages 30 years ago, but today all ignitions work with voltages between 30000 and 60000volt The candles do not wear out faster, but from some wear, they no longer provide a spark powerful enough to ignite the lpg while the ignition of gasoline is still possible.
Regarding the valves since the ban on leaded gasoline, the manufacturers have reinforced valves and seats to reduce their wear accentuated by unleaded fuels, so most cars have become more tolerant of lpg. On one of my cars, the adjustment of the valves by screw and nut is done in less than half an hour (I do it myself) on the other, there is no regulagle, because the game is adjusted by an automatic hydraulic reaming system.

The LPG is different, I did not say it had only advantages ... :|
For now I use it for its strengths, some economic or fiscal justify my choice, but it can change ...
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 08/07/06, 11:29

Hello
I heard on the radio, at the time of the appearance of the first
LPG vehicles, that if the number of users exceeds the 5% of the fleet the state would increase the TIPP
(ICT now : Evil: ) on this fuel.

corridor noise or mere journalistic anticipation?
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)