LPG issue and Gas de ville

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
jdrenne
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jdrenne » 15/10/05, 18:21

Hello,

I ask myself a question which is certainly silly, but hey ...

So, I wonder why we could not use the city gas available at home, to fill up on its modified vegetable to run on LPG ?? This would eliminate the problem of station supply which is too rare ...

It must work, since buses use it and Citroen gets foamed with its city gas C3!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/10/05, 18:25

Well it exists and is about to be released in France
More information : https://www.econologie.com/c3-gnv-au-gaz ... s-912.html
Last edited by Christophe the 04 / 12 / 08, 11: 32, 1 edited once.
0 x
jdrenne
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jdrenne » 15/10/05, 19:19

Yes, I know that, and it was after reading this article that I asked myself the question of whether we can put city gas (the one we have at home for the gas stove), in the tank of our LPG car. ? And this article does not answer this question!
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 15/10/05, 19:53

jdrenne wrote:Hello,

I ask myself a question which is certainly silly, but hey ...

So, I wonder why we could not use the city gas available at home, to fill up on its modified vegetable to run on LPG ?? This would eliminate the problem of station supply which is too rare ...

It must work, since buses use it and Citroen gets foamed with its city gas C3!

Attention, LPG and CNG = not at all the same conditions of use ...

LPG: storage pressure of approximately 6 to 8 bars, in liquid phase.
CNG: storage pressure of around 200 bars, always in the gas phase.

A vehicle running on LPG cannot be refueled with CNG. The tank must be completely changed, as well as the other parts (such as the pressure reducer, etc.) and the calculator reprogrammed if it is present.

The problem of CNG (or town gas) is its very low distribution pressure in our homes, so low that it takes about 9 hours to refuel with the small compressor rented by GDF on the Citroën C3. In addition, the autonomy of this C3 in CNG is rather reduced compared to its equivalent in LPG.

Otherwise, CNG is entirely viable as a fuel, it is even cleaner than LPG in terms of CO2 emissions.

For the moment, LPG remains the most interesting to use, for its availability on the territory, its price (cheaper than CNG) and the proven technology.
0 x
jdrenne
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jdrenne » 15/10/05, 20:55

Thank you for these explanations. in fact, I thought that LPG was more expensive than CNG ... hence the idea of ​​refueling CNG at home, rather than looking for a station delivering LPG ... at a high price and surcharged by our dear condition ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 15/10/05, 22:46

Indeed, there is a regulator just before the meter which lowers the pressure of the GDF pipes from 2b to 50mb approximately in ours.

As GDF installs the compressor, perhaps they are doing a higher pressure intake, which would decrease the tank charging time.

Then you have to reckon with the heating of the gas when it is compressed. If it is compressed too quickly, the tank will heat up. You might as well inflate it more slowly.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
The Passing

by The Passing » 16/10/05, 10:32

@Jdrenne: sometimes you don't already know it: a forum dedicated to LPG:forum.aceboard.net / i-879.htm 'target =' _ blank '> http: //forum.aceboard.net / i-879.htm;)

As well as the site of the French Committee of Butane-Propane: http://www.cfbp.fr
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/12/08, 11:33

Christophe wrote:Well it exists and is about to be released in France
More information : https://www.econologie.com/c3-gnv-au-gaz ... s-912.html

This message is 3 years old, the article will soon be 4 years old ... so who is currently driving in C3 CNG? Who has only seen one? In a shop window? On the road?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 04/12/08, 14:00

: Arrow: Well I saw some in the windows, the living rooms but not on the road ... :?

I think there are some that are running in Bordeaux .... I too had looked into the issue ... more expensive than LPG, I gave up.

I had thought for a while also to install an LPG tank at home to refuel my cars myself ... Well, LPG delivered by truck to the home in large quantities was more expensive per liter than that delivered to the station with the Internal Tax on Petroleum Products. : Shock:
In fact, for tanks, they do not fill up in liters, but in Kg (story that the customer cannot compare).
To convert to liters, simply multiply the mass by 0.555 to obtain the number of liters. 8)
this is what I do to check the quality of the LPG sold at the service station. I weigh an empty butane bottle, fill it at the pump and weigh it full. So far, I have never measured a density greater than 548kg / m3. This means that the tankers are ripping us off. Either the butane content is too low (it is reduced in winter to prevent the LPG from freezing) or the volume meters are badly calibrated !!! in any case it is always for the benefit of the seller. : Evil:
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 04/12/08, 14:06

citro wrote:I think there are some who are spinning au Bordeaux .... I too had looked into the matter ... more expensive than LPG, I gave up.

You surprise me ! : Mrgreen:

0 x