Diesel particulate filter: effective?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/06/08, 01:00

Ah the fap is not serial now? I was thinking...

I don't quite understand your second sentence, what is it to be a beef consumer?
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 04/06/08, 10:18

Hello,
the only effective particulate filter to my knowledge ... is water / pantone injection! 8)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/06/08, 10:25

Toutafé, I dared not say it!

Although one does not prevent the other ... :?:
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 05/06/08, 00:06

Woodcutter wrote:
Christophe wrote:Uh ... yes but no because for example the C1 hdi fap is an urban car par "excellence" ... This is at least the commercial argument of the citroën advertising campaign ...

70% of new vehicles in France are diesel, right? And 2/3 of the life of a vehicle is spent in town or peri-urban. You count ...

But hey it may change fissa since diesel is the same price as gasoline ... : Mrgreen:
I'm not sure that the C1 and its two sisters are "fapable" ... :?

It is not because consumers are oxen that what they do is not stupid ...

Finally ... a priori even PSA the king of Diesel is changing his rifle for small engines! (is it the Euro6 effect?)

"changing their minds for small engines", you mean they are going to abandon small cars with diesel engines? with the price of diesel it could be understood; the ideal would have been to make small gasoline-electric hybrids or the small C3 CNG with stop and start system: good also for the city and the road. But the little hybrid will never exist because of the cost; it's a shame because that's exactly what you need in town.
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 05/06/08, 00:14

I still have a problem .....
I am told to ease off and not push the plans to pollute less ...
but I am told to push the regime to eliminate the particles of FAP ....
So what do I do?????? : Cheesy:
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 05/06/08, 09:23

georges100 wrote:I still have a problem .....
I am told to ease off and not push the plans to pollute less ...
but I am told to push the regime to eliminate the particles of FAP ....
So what do I do?????? : Cheesy:

But to eliminate the particles from your FAP, you stop near an organic garden and you make your diesel snore thoroughly: it will do them a lot of good with organic vegetables !! : Lol:
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 05/06/08, 09:31

the FAP is a bogus gadget like the EGR valve, it does not solve much but it flatters the green side of the buyer ... and the manufacturer ;-(

now that they know we can drive free with diesel, they do everything to sell gasoline, in particular to put the same price for diesel / petrol!
0 x
lio74
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by lio74 » 05/06/08, 11:47

jonule wrote:the FAP is a bogus gadget like the EGR valve, it does not solve much but it flatters the green side of the buyer ... and the manufacturer ;-(

I quite agree with you ...
especially since the FAP is harmful :!: YES YES,

in addition to the fact of burning the stored particles (in addition to very small particles) The FAP reduces the mass of CO2 emitted while driving, yes but
I saw a graph a few months ago with the representation of the family of particles (size)
FAP creates more fine particles, the most harmful to health :!:

ex to illustrate:
=> smoke without FAP with a Big particle of 10mg + 5 small 1mg = 15mg rejected
=> same smoke with FAP (the big one is filtered, but also broken into small) always 5 small, and + 4 small created by the big one = 9mg of rejected but more toxic in fine !!

I hope the example speaks for itself ??

@+
0 x
"To do something is expensive, to do nothing will cost much more." Koffie Annan
next species endangered: Man ... and it will be good for him !!!
MAN IS A VERY DANGEROUS POLLUTION NATURAL!
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 05/06/08, 12:17

I will add:
the combustion of a vegetable oil (sunflower rapeseed) produces particles much larger than a mineral oil (petroleum) of the type 100 to 1000 times, therefore much less dangerous
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/06/08, 23:38

Christophe wrote:[..] I don't quite understand your second sentence, what is being a beef consumer?
It is silly to buy a small fuel oil for the city but people do it (70% you said it) because they are oxen who follow the herd and go to the slaughterhouse, like the others!
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."