BMW Traction Control DTC or DSC breakdown = 10% savings!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Flytox

by Flytox » 03/09/13, 18:48

Christophe wrote:Yes !! Thank you Macro

And I found even better I think: OBD2 KWP2000 self diagnostic cable for BMW, VW, Mercedes, Ford

http://www.amazon.fr/Shopinnov-C%C3%A2b ... m_sbs_hi_1

Profitable in 1 visit to thieves : Cheesy:

In your link there is this:

Product descriptions
OBD2 KWP2000 auto diagnostic cable for BMW, VW, Mercedes, FordACVO110

Description
characteristics
package contents

OBD2 auto diagnostic description

The OBD2 KWP2000 plus ECU self diagnostic cable allows you to improve the fuel efficiency of your vehicle, its power, its reactivity and the torque, from your laptop.

This OBD2 self diagnostic cable and a laptop are all you need to transform your normal car into a powerful, flexible and fuel efficient car. By reading and writing data to your vehicle's engine control units (ECUs), you can get better initial acceleration, more responsiveness, power and torque gains, and overall improvements to your vehicle. Petrol engines can achieve up to 15% more BHP (Base Horsepower) and up to 20% more torque over the entire range. Turbo petrol engines can reach up to 30% more BHP, turbo diesel engines can achieve up to 50% more BHP and 75% more torque. These improvements allow you to double quickly and safely. After only a short period of use, this cable will be reimbursed by the savings you will make on fuel and maintenance. In addition, driving will be much more fun!

Using this cable and the supplied software is easy. Just connect one end of the cable to the USB port on your computer and the other end to the OBD port on your car. You can easily read and write data on your car's ECU with the software.

We can win horses, couple, save fuel ...... it is easy to measure and prove.
What about pollution ???????????????????????????????????????????? We are on a green site : Mrgreen:

We have nothing to measure pollution and we carefully avoid talking about it ... : Mrgreen: On gasoline or Diesel, it's easy to accelerate stronger, we enrich. On a gasoline, it is easy to save fuel, we deplete. And the pollution it does what ..... it increases to donf in any case! (unburnt, particles, CO, NOx).
In addition chai not if the catalytic converters and other particulate filters like a long time and a lot of blind DIY ...

More reasonably, earning a few% is certainly possible, but how not to transform your vehicle into an infamous thing that would not pass Euro 1?

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normes_eur ... %A9mission
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 04/09/13, 09:19

Yeah finally that is the commercial blabla to sell the cable. In reality it is far from being that simple.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 04/09/13, 12:20

be careful there are 2 different things: cable and software

I imagine that the programming of the important parameters of the engine is well locked and that we can use the cable only to make the diagnostics without sabotaging anything

is the software to access everything really available?

in diesel if we want to save money it would be easy to reduce the maximum authorized injection

the cable is not just a cable: it contains an electronic circuit USB interface / CAN bus
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/09/13, 10:55

I checked the ABS sensors, there are 2 connector boxes under the 2 front fenders which were full of dried mud. Strange place for a connector (at the rear the cables are connected in the passenger compartment)

I cleaned the box and I unplugged one of the ABS sensors "to see", I started and a new fault appeared : Cheesy:

Regarding the breakdown I know that it is not the ABS sensors ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/09/13, 16:50

I still haven't repaired the fault : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

On the other hand, another explanation could come from the fact that the car went into "degraded" mode so instead of having full power I only have 70 or 80% ...

Indeed I find that "when I press" it pulls less than before ...

I had not noticed this before because I systematically practice eco-driving so gently ... 8)
0 x
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 19/09/13, 21:16

Hello, I do not know your car but you may have a bad info from the steering angle sensor which associated with the speed info varies the steering assistance, so consumption.
For your connection checks, probes or sensors never switch on the ignition if something is disconnected, you are sure to display a fault code. It happened to me to change a door, I had to go to BM to erase the code.

jlg
0 x
clement59440
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Failure BMW Traction Control DTC or DSC = 10% savings!

by clement59440 » 24/01/22, 19:25

Hello,

How did you solve your problem because I have the same thing the DSC warning light which lights up in a straight line or a bend?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/01/22, 20:59

At home it was an ABS sensor problem ... I repaired after the last message of this subject.

It is therefore necessary to change 1 or more ABS sensors...at BM it costs a lot of money...you can find them for 30€ on the internet (well in 2014 that was the price) and it can be changed quite easily by removing the wheel ...

At home it was the left rear, from memory, which is screwing up at not even 100 km... : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

An OBD test will tell you which one is wrong...but it worked again after a few thousand km...I didn't repair a 2nd time and sold the car as is.

So I no longer have this BM I parted with it at 150 km...

Now I have a 250 km older SAAB that gives me less trouble and drives better on snow...
0 x
clement59440
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by clement59440 » 24/01/22, 22:43

Thank you for your answer. Indeed I think that's it in fact there are several videos on Youtube.
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."