BMW Traction Control DTC or DSC breakdown = 10% savings!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 03/09/13, 12:55

However, it should be noted that although piracy can help the econologist, it is not supported by the forum : Mrgreen:
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/09/13, 13:02

Roooh we don't hack, we shunt! Shade :)

Then it annoys me only moderately to shunt guys who charge 25 € per liter of oil ...

More generally, I think that we will have to be more and more (again) smart to get by at the economic and social rate where things are going!

And if it's ecologically, I say yes yes yes!

ps: the russians (and bordering) are especially strong to steal the cars electronically by copying the signal of the key ... there was a report on Special Envoy a few years ago ... There it is much more serious than to be self-diagnosis ... self (for the 2-ball word game) : Cheesy:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 03/09/13, 13:30

Some manufacturers have made free access to basic diag softs (Vag.com, Fiat ecuscan and certainly others ...)

Personally I have two multi-brand softwares which only take into account the injection calculos, a psa which can interrogate all the calculos and a fiat which is terrible we can view all the parameters of the calculos in real time ... By cons extract a map, modify it and re-inject it ... This is something else ...
For VW there is ca
http://download.ross-tech.com/francais/ ... manuel.pdf
it allows you to do a lot of things on the various ecu of a recent car for a type who masters .. The most developed cable + soft must type in the 400 € ...
There are of course forum twisted diag auto ... because often the faults are given by codes ... To be interpreted ..
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 03/09/13, 13:59

Macro wrote:Some manufacturers have made free access to basic diag softs (Vag.com, Fiat ecuscan and certainly others ...)
I didn't know it but it is the least of the things ... because one is not really owner of his vehicle if it is impossible to intervene on it.

Basically the OBD plug was wanted by the public authorities to allow the maintenance of vehicles outside the manufacturers network.

PSA mounted the OBD socket but the communication protocols did not meet the standard like on our electric cars or my 1997 minivan while most brands used a standardized protocol as early as 1995.

It is true that to imagine having OPEN SOURCE protocols for the networks of our vehicles would be appreciable ...

The trend is hardening however with new security chips in the computers of vehicles whose coding keys are considerably more impenetrable than those of our bank cards and mobile phones ...
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 03/09/13, 14:41

Macro wrote:the C4 and all its faults in the connection of multiple airbags ... my nephew spent fortunes there ...

With us everything related to Air bags is guaranteed almost for life of the car!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 03/09/13, 14:54

Well with us a car it is guaranteed until the exit portal of the concession ... And again ... If the first digit of the counter has turned .. It is not a manufacturing defect sir, it is the 'normal wear ... : Mrgreen:

On my alfa romeo 156 there is even a label with the expiration date of the airbags: 10 years after manufacture ... I dare not imagine the price of the restoration of the 4 pieces and their trigger system.

On my old Chrysler Voyager, I changed the charge controller for free 4 times without it costing me a single euro ... the 5th is still on it (on the other hand, the exploded battery I had for my apple ) .. As well as the parking end mechanism the steering wheel clockspring ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 03/09/13, 15:04

Macro Hi!

On Chrysler you can access the error code without a widget!

All you have to do is put the key in the ignition position three times without starting and you will have the codes by counting the pulsations of the "engine" light on the dashboard in groups of 2.

Codes are displayed on the odometer.
On some cars, the codes will read out if the engine light is on - all you have to do is put the key into the RUN position.
Normally, to get codes, you put the key on OFF and then rapidly do OFF-ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON (on some cars you have to do four or five, not three, OFF-ON cycles). On our test 2002 because, the key did not go back to unlock, so it was ACC-ON-ACC-ON-ACC-ON. You may have to set the parking brake first (Thanks, Steven Midway)
1998-2002 (maybe more) Dodge trucks and Jeeps, put transmission in neutral, parking brake on, then do the acc-run key sequence 3 times ending with RUN.
Dan Stewart wrote about the 1999+ Voyager / Caravan:
Get Diagnostic Trouble Codes by placing the key into the ignition. Push and hold the both the "Trip" and the "Reset" buttons with the left hand and turn the key to the "ACC" position (first position between "LOCK" and "RUN"). Continue to hold both buttons in and count to 5. Release both buttons, display should read trip mileage instead of total mileage. Push the "TRIP" button and the odometer will display DTC'S in rotating sequence instead of displaying total mileage.

http://www.allpar.com/fix/codes.html

You can easily find what code means what on the net!

On my old Chrysler Voyager, I changed the charge controller for free 4 times without it costing me a single euro ... the 5th is still on it (on the other hand, the exploded battery I had for my apple ) .. As well as the parking end mechanism the steering wheel clockspring ...

It's weird because the regulator has been an integral part of the alternator for a long time and I have never replaced an alternator since 1986 on my Chrysler but it may be different on a diesel.

See you!
0 x

Alain
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 03/09/13, 15:14

Christophe

Dismantle the connections which concern the sensors and all that surrounds the systems linked to ABS and anti-skid including the OBD2, check if there is a little humidity and blow the connections with compressed air and then simply put WD-40 or a dielectric grease and reconnects, sometimes oxidation creates parasites or poor contact and it blurs the electronics.

See you!
0 x

Alain
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 03/09/13, 15:18

For the codes on Chrysler it works on gasoline but not on our diesels. And indeed the alternator regulator is also a special device for diesel engines of the first two years of serie 2. serie 3 TD had a bosch injection electronic pump which spoke with the software diag ... Strangely the software saw no known fault code but when I erased them (following for example with a too prolonged running with a filter with clogged frying, it was put in function restrained) it returned to walking in normal mode ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 03/09/13, 15:22

Alain G wrote:On Chrysler you can access the error code without a widget!
On my Volvo 850 it was also possible, the system was comparable but under the hood.
Without a nice Volvo agent and without the net I would have spent a fortune to erase minor fugitive faults ...
Long live the Internet and forums of enthusiasts. : Mrgreen:
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."