End of the 100 engine% diesel or gasoline to 2040 ???

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Remundo

Re: End of the engine 100% diesel or gasoline to 2040 ???

by Remundo » 21/08/19, 21:20

the problem is that a "polluting" car means absolutely nothing ...

in CO2 emissions, direct injections allow a more complete combustion, but the other side of the coin is fine particles ...

there is no "agglomerated index" which measures all the pollution of a vehicle. And even for electric cars, certain externalities weigh heavily on the environment (mining for batteries, the origin of recharging electricity, etc.)

in fact, to be relevant, what makes the best compromise is the hybridization of vehicles, with a small battery pack for urban journeys, and a heat engine for autonomy + long distances.

it is also necessary to work more on a renewable energy mix (including biofuels) than on the vehicles themselves.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 10/09/20, 08:17

The Uber platform commits to no longer circulating diesel vehicles in France by the end of 2024

AFP published on Sep 08, 2020

The Uber chauffeur-driven car reservation platform pledged on Tuesday to no longer circulate diesel vehicles in France by the end of 2024 and to reach 50% of electric vehicles a year later.

"We are making (...) a historic commitment in our business sector, of 50% electric vehicles by 2025," Laureline Serieys, head of Uber's French operations, told reporters. Some 15 cars must thus switch to electric by 000, a figure to be compared to the current 2025 annual sales, she said.

To encourage its drivers to convert their vehicles, Uber will create a kind of pot, fueled by an increase in prices of 3 cents per kilometer on January 1, 2021 to which the company will add 3 cents from its pocket. A driver who uses the platform 42 hours a week will thus be able to receive assistance of 4 euros if he decides to buy an electric vehicle after three years, explained the manager. This system will replace at the end of 500 an aid of 2021 euro per trip paid to electrically driven drivers (capped at 1 euros), which is hardly used, she added.

In total, Uber estimates the amount of aid that drivers will be able to receive over five years at 75 million euros, half provided by customers and the other by the company. Journeys made with "Uber Green", a formula for reserving hybrid or electric vehicles - 17% of the fleet currently - will not be affected by the increase of 3 cents per kilometer, and will become cheaper, according to Uber France.

Uber has signed a European agreement with Renault and Nissan "to facilitate access to electric vehicles for VTC drivers". The platform has also come to an agreement with EDF and Power Dot to offer its drivers reduced rates and / or reserved fast charging stations.

These measures are part of a global plan estimated at 800 million dollars to help hundreds of thousands of drivers in the United States, Canada and Europe to switch to electric vehicles by 2025.

Uber's traffic level in France is suffering from the consequences of the health crisis and is currently at 70% of its usual level, and even at 40% to airports, said Laureline Serieys.

https://www.connaissancedesenergies.org ... 025-200908
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 10/09/20, 18:53

Thank you to the contributors of this topic for their selection of articles, they allow me to refine my vision of the subject.

I drive very little (5 or 6000km a year for a family of 4), but I have also just bought a van (Volkswagen T4 from 2000) for vacations and weekends (the goal: to do the vacations only like that), and it still consumes 10L / 100. Not "so" catastrophic in front of certain SUVs, especially for 1000 or 1500 terminals per year, but all the same, it weighs in carbon. The rest of the time I use my clio which is 6,7L / 100 (Corsica obliges!)

I now see that there are many advances in the electric field (volkswagen and nissan are preparing fully electric van), depending on the price, I will look to that if possible.

I find Remundo's reflection relevant, namely, reasoning more about the energy mix, at least in the transition phase, is probably more effective in offering suitable vehicles (short trips = electric, long trips = electric + thermal, roughly) , to be developed for the next 30 or 50 years.

So thank you!
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 10/09/20, 19:29

Rajqawee wrote:Thank you to the contributors of this topic for their selection of articles, they allow me to refine my vision of the subject.

I drive very little (5 or 6000km a year for a family of 4), but I have also just bought a van (Volkswagen T4 from 2000) for vacations and weekends (the goal: to do the vacations only like that), and it still consumes 10L / 100. Not "so" catastrophic in front of certain SUVs, especially for 1000 or 1500 terminals per year, but all the same, it weighs in carbon. The rest of the time I use my clio which is 6,7L / 100 (Corsica obliges!)

I now see that there are many advances in the electric field (volkswagen and nissan are preparing fully electric van), depending on the price, I will look to that if possible.

I find Remundo's reflection relevant, namely, reasoning more about the energy mix, at least in the transition phase, is probably more effective in offering suitable vehicles (short trips = electric, long trips = electric + thermal, roughly) , to be developed for the next 30 or 50 years.

So thank you!

I kept my old thermal for the holidays and for the relatives. With the electric, I can do 100 km but reasonably no more. But I still do 6000 to 7000 km per year in elec.

In your case, replacing the clio with a second-hand elec still has an interest:
- 6,7L / 100 * 5000 * 1,4 €: 470 € per year
- in elec: 5000 * 14 (kWh at 100 - in Corsica you can do less) * 17 ct per kWh -> 120 €

You save 350 € per year (or more if you can put PV on the roof, in the garden or as a fence).
There is also maintenance. I go there every 2 years, but it swells me to pay for an overhaul just to change the pollen filter :? There is no maintenance on an elec. Even on mountain roads the brakes are not used because the braking is done by the motor which recharges the battery.
In fact, I can change the pollen filter myself and use the technical control for safety checks (especially braking).
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 10/09/20, 20:01

ENERC wrote:I kept my old thermal for the holidays and for the relatives. With the electric, I can do 100 km but reasonably no more. But I still do 6000 to 7000 km per year in elec.

In your case, replacing the clio with a second-hand elec still has an interest:
- 6,7L / 100 * 5000 * 1,4 €: 470 € per year
- in elec: 5000 * 14 (kWh at 100 - in Corsica you can do less) * 17 ct per kWh -> 120 €

You save 350 € per year (or more if you can put PV on the roof, in the garden or as a fence).
There is also maintenance. I go there every 2 years, but it swells me to pay for an overhaul just to change the pollen filter :? There is no maintenance on an elec. Even on mountain roads the brakes are not used because the braking is done by the motor which recharges the battery.
In fact, I can change the pollen filter myself and use the technical control for safety checks (especially braking).

Interesting. But for the moment not applicable as long as I am in Corsica: a significant part of Corsica's electricity is produced by heavy fuel oil plants. No ecological point of view therefore (that's what interests me!) But as I plan to return to the continent, I would see at that time. I have almost no maintenance on the clio considering the volume rolled, so that wouldn't change much.
But yes, in the long term, why not that would be useful. Note all the same that I mainly use my car for "long" trips (I go to work by bike), generally around 100km (to go hiking, climbing ...) and that I think on the continent, I would do the same or more for these trips, so I would need a range depending. But that no longer seems to be too much of a limiting criterion ...

Thank you for your answer.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 10/09/20, 21:12

What can I say, because for a few years now, I only have 2 EV at home, and no more thermal.

A small ion, about 100 km of autonomy. My wife had the same, and in 3 years, she did 60 km, or 000 km / year.

Its ion has been replaced by a zoé, about 250 km in summer, and 200 km in winter (indicative, often a little more).

A trip of twice the autonomy, with a zoe, or 2 km, does not pose a particular problem, with loads only in 500 kWAC.

Now, the new one, exceeds 300 km of autonomy, and can also charge in 22 kWAC, but also in 50 kW (option = 1000 €) in DC.

So a little more than 2 times the charging speed. Under these conditions, 2.5 to 3 times the autonomy, remains reasonable!

Already done more than 400 km during the day, with an ion, 100 km of autonomy, I will not do any more now, the fast terminals compatible with are rare and often occupied.

With our zoé, already made several times 500 km on a trip ....

The next ? can be zoe, or kona, or whatever ....
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 09/07/21, 23:49

Climate: the EU prepares the burial of gasoline cars

AFP July 7, 2021

The gasoline or diesel car has lived, the future is electric. Brussels is due to propose Wednesday to reduce CO2 emissions from new vehicles to zero over the next decade to fight climate change.

A page of history is turning. For more than a century, the Old Continent, the cradle of prestigious brands, has dominated automotive innovation. At the heart of its know-how, heat engines considered to be the most efficient in the world.

But the car, the first mode of travel for Europeans, is criticized for its greenhouse gas emissions.

Faced with this emergency, the EU has tightened its CO2020 reduction targets in 2 and is aiming for carbon neutrality in 2050. The European Commission is due to propose new regulations on Wednesday to achieve this. According to several sources, it would consider the complete elimination of automotive emissions from 2035.

Battery-powered electric vehicles being the only ones to meet this requirement, they will de facto become the only ones authorized on the new market.

Europe imposed an average cap of 2020 grams of CO95 per kilometer on car manufacturers in 2, which was to be lowered by 37,5% in 2030.

Finally, the reduction could reach 60% in 2030, then 100% in 2035. These figures, still under discussion, would represent an immense constraint for an industry which will also have to rely by 2027 on the tightening of pollution standards imposed on thermal engines. .

- Electricity boom -

In a globally declining market due to the coronavirus pandemic, electric cars are making strong progress. They represented nearly 8% of registrations in Western Europe over the first five months of the year, or 356.000 vehicles, "more than for the whole of 2019", according to German analyst Matthias Schmidt .

The new regulations will favor these vehicles even more and will push to abandon hybrids and plug-in hybrids, which combine gasoline engine and battery. Something to worry about the industry which employs 14,6 million workers in the EU and which still relies heavily on this "transition technology".

If Brussels is introducing accompanying measures, in particular to develop charging stations, "we are open to additional CO2 reductions in 2030", recently said Oliver Zipse, president of the European Association of Manufacturers (ACEA).

The lobby, which has long fought to slow down the transition, is deeply divided.

The majority of its members stress that too rapid electrification would increase the price of vehicles, destroy jobs and promote competition from China, ahead of batteries.

- Volkswagen already ready -

But the European leader Volkswagen, which represents one in four sales in Europe, has joined the American Tesla in promoting 100% electric, after causing a scandal in 2015 by admitting the rigging of its diesel engines.

"There is a huge conflict within ACEA. Because of Dieselgate, Volkswagen has been pushed towards electric to improve its image. The group has made huge investments and now it has the products to meet the future. legislation ", explains Matthias Schmidt. "Volkswagen is in a perfect position to gain market share and send some competitors to the wall."

In June, the brand announced that it would stop selling combustion engines in Europe between 2033 and 2035.

"A car generally stays on the road for fifteen years. If we want to have completely carbon-free transport in 2050, the last thermal car must be sold in 2035 at the latest," said Diane Strauss, head of the NGO Transport and Environment for France.

In a ranking published in June, the NGO pinned Daimler (Mercedes), BMW, Stellantis (PSA, Fiat) and Toyota, whose projects it considers "not very ambitious" because it gives pride of place to plug-in hybrids deemed polluting. Renault and Hyundai are well ranked, although behind Volkswagen and Volvo.

The end of heat engines in "2035 is the right compromise between 2030, which is too early on the industrial and social level, and 2040, which is too late on the climatic level", estimates Pascal Canfin, chairman of the committee. Environment in the European Parliament.

However, he pleads for the creation of a fund of "a few billion euros" to support the hundreds of SMEs in sectors threatened by technological change.

https://www.msn.com/fr-fr/actualite/tec ... hp&pc=U531

https://www.connaissancedesenergies.org ... nce-210708
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 10/07/21, 04:53

Hello,

phil59 wrote:What can I say, because for a few years now, I only have 2 EV at home, and no more thermal.

A small ion, about 100 km of autonomy. My wife had the same, and in 3 years, she did 60 km, or 000 km / year.

Its ion has been replaced by a zoé, about 250 km in summer, and 200 km in winter (indicative, often a little more).

A trip of twice the autonomy, with a zoe, or 2 km, does not pose a particular problem, with loads only in 500 kWAC.

Now, the new one, exceeds 300 km of autonomy, and can also charge in 22 kWAC, but also in 50 kW (option = 1000 €) in DC.

So a little more than 2 times the charging speed. Under these conditions, 2.5 to 3 times the autonomy, remains reasonable!

Already done more than 400 km during the day, with an ion, 100 km of autonomy, I will not do any more now, the fast terminals compatible with are rare and often occupied.

With our zoé, already made several times 500 km on a trip ....

The next ? can be zoe, or kona, or whatever ....

You buy cars quite often, don't you?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 10/07/21, 18:53

it is stupid to want to "bury" technologies which are still useful and whose removal cuts off access to the use of important energy sources (hydrocarbons).

Again, it's not about switching from one religion to another, and it's not even the vehicles that are the problem.

The problem is to use renewable energy sources, including moving towards renewable fuels and renewable electricity.

Then use a vehicle suitable for its purpose.

all the rest is hogwash and ad effect.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 28/10/22, 04:16

The EU endorsed the death certificate of the VTs
End of diesel and gasoline vehicles for 2035

Everything will be based on renewable energies, but still nothing to supplement the load factor, except nuclear power, itself doomed, it will give wings to scientific research!

9C042C99-0024-44CF-8817-259CB4C7E77F.jpeg
https://www.bluewin.ch/fr/infos/economi ... 36681.html

“Historic EU climate decision”
The EU has endorsed the death certificate for new combustion engine vehicles for 2035: MEPs and Member States reached an agreement on Thursday evening on this emblematic regulation for European climate objectives.
0 x