Editorial on LPG in Auto Plus

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
alhopiteau
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Editorial on LPG in Auto Plus

by alhopiteau » 12/12/15, 14:28

Hello everyone!

Yesterday while leafing through the Auto Plus magazine that I had just bought, I found, on page 5, the editorial by Pierre Taylor entitled "Et le GPL, b .....!"

The journalist points out that LPG is not mentioned in any news during the famous COP21, that the manufacturers offering cars running on LPG can be counted on the fingers of one hand and that the tax advantages are non-existent.

Later in the article it is written: "with identical engines, LPG produced nearly 20% less CO2 than petrol" and that "LPG remains well below the Euro 6 thresholds on the particulate side (10 times less) and NO2 (3 times less!) "

I have been using an LPG converted car for almost 3 years, I frequent the forum http://gpl.forumeurs.fr/ which is the French-speaking reference for users of LPG fuel.

I have just created a Facebook group to promote this fuel unfairly marginalized in France while it is very present among our Italian, Belgian and a little further away, Polish neighbors.

Here is the url of this Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1697651200448425/

Thank you all for your attention and hope to see you soon!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/12/15, 14:48

I have two. One for 7 or 8 years, the second for 5. So I'm not against it!

However, at least one of the "pollutants" (I had studied this precisely at the time, and a little forgotten since!) Is higher than gasoline. It would be dishonest to hide it!

And question CO², is it certain that it is significantly less than Diesel ???

But above all: the solution cannot be generalized! LPG is a "by-product" of petroleum distillation and can only be produced "in a certain amount". Quite limited.

So this is not "THE" solution.

It's just a niche, for a "certain" ...

Who could probably be promoted a little more. But here too, let's be honest: there remains significantly less taxed. I still fill up at 25 euros. Who can say the same? While using the roads like the others!

But logical that at a COP21, we do not evoke such trifles, as the "masses" at stake [CO², coal, renewable energies, ...] are important ... Question global warming, a few% of CO² in less, it is not a "break".

It is more for PM and public health, but this was not the subject of COP21. It was already complicated enough "like that!
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."