Cycling more = 1 billion euros in savings!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 06/03/14, 18:48

0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 06/03/14, 19:36

In agreement with citro
The cities say that there are tracks, in places it is true and well done.
But often the bicycle comes after the car, the tram.
For 6 months I traveled 28km to go to work
Between the car or van parked on the bike path to drop off a package or their children.
Or the traffic signs crashing almost in the middle of the track or even sometimes too low if you are a little tall on the bike.
Without counting the tracks which are on the right then pass on the left in double direction of bicycle. With nothing planned to cross.
With also the many ups and downs to let cars out of their garage.
To believe that those who make the tracks never make bikes.
Now my work is closer, I only do 12kms per day.
It's always risky to use your bike in town at roundabouts.
There are places where the cycle path disappears and starts again further. How do we do?
It is certain that a financial incentive would benefit the community but it is not about to happen
The interests of road and car makers do not argue in this direction
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/03/14, 09:02

In Belgium this already exists (and for a while): http://www.terraeco.net/Avec-sa-prime-v ... ance,54125

(...)

The Belgian premium: good but can do better

The system would then resemble in all respects what has existed in Belgium since 1997, even if there, the premium is 22 cents per kilometer driven. Overseas Quiévrain, nearly 190 cyclists received 000 million euros in this respect in 43. “It's very simple, I just have to fill in a file each month to indicate how many kilometers I have covered by bicycle. And the system is quite generous since I receive between 2013 and 30 euros per month, it's much more than the cost of maintaining my bike, ”explains Laurence, an employee in Brussels who has benefited from the premium for a year. Did this bonus encourage Belgians to get into the saddle? Yes, according to a government report published in 50: “When there is no bicycle allowance, 2005% of workers use the car [to go to work] and 73,4% the bicycle. When there is an incentive for bicycles, we see that the use of the car increases to 6,3% and that of the bicycle to 65,7%. But the Belgian associations are not satisfied with it.

“Since it is optional, this bonus is considered a favor and not a right. Employees who come by car still have on average many more benefits than those who come by bicycle, and the amount of exemptions for company cars is still much higher than the exemptions linked to the premium bicycle. So we would like the premium to become mandatory, ”says Aurélie Willems, secretary general of the Gracq cycling association.

(...)
0 x