Cycling more = 1 billion euros in savings!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/01/12, 20:15

If our policies really care about employment ...

They do not care at all since they are above all the propagandists of productivity ... while deploring the unemployment that results!
It doesn't remind you Bossuet?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 03/01/12, 21:56

The economy linked to the use of bicycles also creates jobs.
A bicycle is maintenance, it consumes brakes, tires, chains ... : Idea:
But it is true that a bicycle wastes far less energy, fuel, oil ... than an automobile. As also, a bicycle does not have filters, belts, spark plugs, all these equipment manufacturers will suffer.

In return, the maintenance of a bicycle is done at shorter intervals than a car (once a year in a car against 2 to 4 times a year on a bike) and also requires a skilled workforce (lots of small craftsmen who do not need to go into computers and other diagnostic tools to make the slightest revision).

In short, the bicycle is also very job creator, once the mentalities will have evolved and that people will have understood that it is better to buy AND MAINTAIN a real bicycle, efficient, light, repairable, and RELIABLE instead of buy a disposable pig sold in a supermarket, the least revision of which will cost more than the price of the new one

Currently, a large part of the French do not know how to use a bicycle, adjust the saddle, the brakes and inflate the tires to the correct pressure ... As in addition they do not even imagine that a bicycle is maintained and that professionals exist for that ...

Special thanks Christophe for the American article, even if it seems fairly approximate, it has the merit of striking people's minds.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/01/12, 22:43

I still have to tell you,Citrus, that I am not at all in favor of employment, I was content to point out a simple contradiction.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 04/01/12, 08:52

But the bike ... in 2012 (well I put it back at the end of 2011 and I did not go back on it and always for the same reason) it still hurts C .. (in any case it hurts me at beyond 20mn / day) ...

Oddly when I was mome I could do it all day without too much worry..But there I can only stand ...

For the brakes ... I say that to ride every day ... No need ... My skates have worn 3 rear tires and are still in good shape ... When it rains..Well no bike : Cheesy:

When created a job with a bicycle ... Well already I have not entrusted my cars to anyone for decades ... my bikes they will never see ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
stipe
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by stipe » 04/01/12, 10:33

Macro wrote:But the bike ... in 2012 (well I put it back at the end of 2011 and I did not go back on it and always for the same reason) it still hurts C .. (in any case it hurts me at beyond 20mn / day) ...

Oddly when I was mome I could do it all day without too much worry..But there I can only stand ...

You can always invest in a good saddle / on a comfortable saddle, and / or a suspended saddle;)
0 x
"the goal of every life is to end" !.
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 04/01/12, 11:38

In addition to the laziness that is still a little rooted in each of us. The bicycle represents a risk of serious accident for the user.
The worst, I think it is the roundabouts. On a roundabout if it is large, cars sometimes drive around 60 to 70km / h.
It happened to me to have a car which makes me a fish tail while a truck sticks to my buttocks. In a case like that it is better to avoid falling.
In rainy weather it's worse because often cars see us less and it slips.
Apart from a strong political will favoring the use of the bicycle, I don't really believe in its development.
It is a shame because it is true that the savings in infrastructure would be enormous.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 04/01/12, 13:40

phil53 wrote:In rainy weather it's worse because often cars see us less and it slips.
Apart from a strong political will favoring the use of the bicycle, I don't really believe in its development.
It is a shame because it is true that the savings in infrastructure would be enormous.
This is correct and France represents significant disparities on this point.
Many associations militate in this direction and it is our duty as a citizen to get involved in our municipalities to advance the issue.
For example, in the primary school near my house, there is a day of cycling where the children practice cycling as a motor and cognitive activity within the school grounds ...
Unfortunately, in the absence of cycle paths draining the district and serving the school, the bikes are transported in the parents' car (I was one of the few to accompany my children by bicycle these days).

All this can change (and is already changing in many places as I see it in Bordeaux and its surroundings).
: Mrgreen:
There is a lot to do and you have to be demanding because it is scandalous to see the money spent on a splendid road surface for cars which will be smashed in a few months by heavy goods vehicles and to see right next to a bicycle path protected by a low wall coated with a shabby asphalt which cracks and floods as soon as it rains ...
Which hardly encourages cyclists ... : Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/03/14, 00:59

Waw get paid to go to work by bike ... I was talking about it in the year 2000 !! During this project: https://www.econologie.com/les-transport ... es-27.html

http://lci.tf1.fr/economie/consommation ... 77211.html
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 06/03/14, 09:56

An interesting initiative that may have repercussions:
an association promoting cycling in urban areas (ADAVA) Take advantage of the campaign for the next municipal elections to invite candidates to take a short bike ride in an urban environment to become aware of the difficulties of cyclists and to consider improvements ... once they are elected.

A letter has been sent to all the candidates, some have already confirmed their presence: http://adava.adtc.aix.free.fr/IMG/pdf/Rencontre_Candidats_-_Information_aux_cyclistes.pdf

An interesting initiative that can give ideas to others ....
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 06/03/14, 10:12

Consumption
The Minister of Labor is due to present a national plan for two-wheelers on Wednesday. Among the measures expected, a reimbursement of kilometric cycling costs between home and the workplace could emerge.

Driving to work and getting your mileage reimbursed: a habit taken by millions of drivers. What if cyclists were finally entitled to it? Until now, the law only provided for reimbursement for users of bicycle rental systems (Vélib ', Velo'v, Yellow bikes, etc.), but nothing for those who use their own bicycle. Transport Minister Frédéric Cuvillier presents his national plan to promote two-wheelers on Wednesday. Various measures should be announced, in particular those relating to commuting and a possible reimbursement of mileage costs for employees. A measure that would only concern 5% of employees, but a figure that the ministry hopes to see increase.

Frédéric Cuvillier set up an interministerial working group on active mobility (walking and cycling) last June, the conclusions of which were given to him at the end of 2013. An experiment should be carried out with voluntary companies. They will then reimburse the mileage costs of their employees coming by bicycle. But everywhere in France, the consideration of the bicycle as a mode of transport is done more and more. Some companies have set up spaces to encourage their employees to come on non-motorized two-wheelers with the provision of a garage, repair equipment and sometimes even showers. Good for health, the environment, but also so far, for the portfolio of companies that had no mileage or title reimbursement fees ...

From 21 to 25 cents per kilometer

A refunded annual subscription to use self-service bicycles is good. But what about seasoned cyclists with their own bikes? As early as 2012, UMP deputy Philippe Goujon presented the then Minister of Transport, Thierry Mariani, with a “bicycle” report comprising various measures to develop cycling in France. One of them proposed a mileage allowance with exemption from charges for the employer and tax exemption for the employee. "For 21 cents per kilometer, (...) and taking into account the 2 million cyclists in France practicing 5 km of average journey per day, this measure would cost around 2 million euros to the State", had- he announces.

The bicycle parliamentarians club, bringing together members of the left and right, has been advocating for many years for this mode of transport to be taken into account. At the end of 2013, they had failed to have amendments adopted in the Social Security draft budget, including the creation of a 20-cent kilometer allowance with reduced social contributions. The rapporteur Gérard Bapt (PS) had replied that this "would represent an additional burden for the employer and an additional loss of revenue for Social Security".

A refunded annual subscription to use self-service bicycles is good. But what about seasoned cyclists with their own bikes? As early as 2012, UMP deputy Philippe Goujon presented the then Minister of Transport, Thierry Mariani, with a “bicycle” report comprising various measures to develop cycling in France. One of them proposed a mileage allowance with exemption from charges for the employer and tax exemption for the employee. "For 21 cents per kilometer, (...) and taking into account the 2 million cyclists in France practicing 5 km of average journey per day, this measure would cost around 2 million euros to the State", had- he announces.

The bicycle parliamentarians club, bringing together members of the left and right, has been advocating for many years for this mode of transport to be taken into account. At the end of 2013, they had failed to have amendments adopted in the Social Security draft budget, including the creation of a 20-cent kilometer allowance with reduced social contributions. The rapporteur Gérard Bapt (PS) had replied that this "would represent an additional burden for the employer and an additional loss of revenue for Social Security".
On the net, a petition has been circulating for several weeks to claim a compulsory reimbursement to 25 hundredths. It has already brought together more than 4 people. According to the claimants, setting up a kilometric allowance would ultimately make it possible to increase cycling by 000%.

At 25 cents per kilometer - the advanced rate - it is estimated that the annual cost for the community would be between 54 and 109 million euros when the economy for the social security system is around 35 million euros. In Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark and Germany, similar measures exist with great success.

A bicycle is like a car

Among the requests of French associations, help with regular maintenance of equipment in the same way as vehicles. Gilles Pérole, vice-president of the Cycling Towns and Territories Club, pleads for assistance with cycling, a means of transport with "very positive economic impact". "The share taken by the bicycle in travel is 3% and the turnover of the bicycle sector represents 4,5 billion euros. 3% modal share is equivalent to 35000 jobs. If we double this share, we created 35000 additional jobs. And we would have a turnover of 9 billion euros. If the State worked more in close collaboration with communities, alternatives to the car such as the bicycle could develop much faster. "

If the advantages of the bicycle trip are "essentially health" recognized Pierre Toulouse, in charge of an interministerial mission to develop the use of the bicycle, in Ouest-France, financially "for the community, the advantages are thirty times greater than the costs. . "

The fact remains that a measure which affects so few employees cannot concern the greatest number. On Twitter, reactions quickly turned the potential announcement into derision, even annoyance.

How about biking to work? Of course personally I will do my 60 km daily by bike. That bullshit in the newspapers is not possible !!!

- valérie llorens (@valeriellorens) March 5, 2014

Cycling to the office could be compensated http://t.co/Hhv4rp1644 Come by bike to work, and your boss pays you MacDo at noon. #Hem

- Vz Official! (@Vinz_D_Off) March 4, 2014

@RMCinfo Oh, the gvt wants to make a bike plan to go to work, how cute! Perhaps a work plan should first.

- Julien Braillard (@JulienBraillard) March 5, 2014

The state wants to promote cycling for commuting. They really have a sense of priorities ... #Transport #Velo

- Cecilia (@ La_Miss_13007) March 5, 2014

And if your employer still does not want to reimburse you for part of the costs incurred for your bike, you can always do like those Nantes residents who are now paid by posting an advertisement on their bike. An idea born in the head of a young entrepreneur on a bike, the boss of Ecovélo who pays the cyclist according to his trips and the places he goes to.

It seems that the election period is conducive to the effects of announcement ...
That said, I am in favor of a strong incentive in favor of cycling, and especially of improving cycling infrastructure ...

Bordeaux is ranked 3rd cycling city in France, let me tell you that it's a sinister joke. Many colleagues have retired in recent years. They came to work by bicycle and thus sometimes traveled 50km a day. They left their bike to the nail, not for health reasons, but for fear of hooking.

Many "cycle towns" declare a "cycle network" of hundreds or even thousands of kilometers.

If I were to compare to a water or gas distribution network, it is as if you had pipes in the streets and that at each crossroads, we bottle water or gas to make it cross the crossroads... I don't call it a network. : Evil:
0 x