urban travel: bike against car in Paris ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

urban travel: bike against car in Paris ...

by Christophe » 24/01/07, 21:19

As a biker I couldn't help but pass this article to you:

PDP: a crusade against the car and the motorcycle
By Grégoire Acerra, January 22, 2007

Thursday January 11, 2007, the new project of the Paris Travel Plan (PDP) was validated by the group presidents of the Parisian majority. Main objective: to reduce traffic in the streets by 40% by 2020. This requires an "anti-car" policy displayed. Despite its obvious advantages, the motorized two-wheeler still does not seem to be considered a viable alternative. A vast project, the PDP does not have immediate advantages.

The following: http://www.motomag.com/spip/PDP-une-cro ... -1459.html
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 25/01/07, 00:01

Since there are reserved queues "clean vehicles", the solution for bikers is in the electric scooter ...

VECTRIX scooter
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
pollux
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pollux » 25/01/07, 09:38

yeah, 100% agree with lumberjack!
whether motorcycle or car, it eats a lot of oil (especially that the motorcycles are still well motorized for their mass !!)
the solution is bikes, pedelecs, velomobiles and electric scooters. provided they are all registered (yes, yes, even bikes! especially bikes !!!), and this in order to avoid incivility and violations of the highway code repeated.
0 x
criticism is necessary, but the invention is vital because in any invention there is a criticism of the convention ...
Bougonnator
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Bougonnator » 25/01/07, 13:31

Ah, here's a typical Parisian answer. What if you don't live in Paris or its very close suburbs and still have to go there to work? It is not by pleasure or by an irrepressible need to burn gas that there are so many people on the roads.
As far as I'm concerned, I do 75km a day and because of my work I can finish very late:
- VAE seems illusory to me, even if I do not defend myself too badly by mountain bike on Sunday. Anyone have one in the audience? Who is still cycling?
- Public transport is so bad that it represents three hours a day, mostly standing with the other sardines in the box. Not to mention evening security, strikes and other real or simulated technical incidents.
- the car, as much time but at least seated and with music,
- the motorcycle, half the time and less fuel consumption. Either more time with the children and my dear and tender.

Finally, I chose the bike which also almost solves parking problems (all that is missing is taking into account the 2WD phenomenon by creating sufficient parking spaces). When there are electric motorcycles / scooters with sufficient autonomy and cruising speed, I will break the piggy bank.
I say cruising speed sufficient not to break speed records but not to be a nuisance to other users. A 125 is often at the lower limit on major routes.
And especially the 2WD, it still consumes less than a car and especially much less time than a car on the same traffic jam.
I find this plan devised by someone who does not even have a driver's license mind-blowing. Rather than prohibiting it would be better to favor public transport (peripheral rail belt), less polluting means of transport (including private individuals), etc. The real power is not to prohibit, it is to create. No behaving like an autistic dictator.
It is completely demago, a sordid political recovery of the voters.
I agree 100% with Motomag which seeks in vain to establish an embryo of dialogue with the 'competent' authorities and which has always been dragged into infinite sterile committees and which still finds the strength to mobilize.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/01/07, 15:03

Bougonnator wrote:- the motorcycle, half the time and less fuel consumption. Either more time with the children and my dear and tender.

To be more biker than "cashier", I am not sure that a motorbike on an urban / extra-urban route really consumes less than a car .... except obviously if it is a utility type motorcycle of the CB500 type, ER5, 125, 250 Twin ... Although for the first 2 I am not sure that when you pull in they do not consume more than 6L on this type of trip ...

Bougonnator wrote:When there are electric motorcycles / scooters with sufficient autonomy and cruising speed, I will break the piggy bank.

Ben must wait a while ... By cons hybrid scooter kk1 has already heard of it ... The problem is that we always come back to the same point: the sale price ...

Bougonnator wrote:I find this plan devised by someone who does not even have a driver's license mind-blowing. Rather than prohibiting it would be better to favor public transport (peripheral rail belt), less polluting means of transport (including private individuals), etc. The real power is not to prohibit, it is to create. No behaving like an autistic dictator.

+1
0 x
Bougonnator
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Bougonnator » 25/01/07, 15:23

Christophe,
I have a BMW K1200RS.
When I go to work I drive a little faster than cars, but very quietly and I can go down to 6,3 L / 100km.
While driving 'grandpa style', ie like a car, I can go down to 6L.
My home-to-work journey is made up of expressways and traffic jams, of a little town.
I hope to lower the consumption by mounting 4 With coupled with a generation of ions on the intake pipes. But I haven't driven enough yet to be able to talk about consumption.
On the first tank, I made 6,6 L but having a little fun. I note in passing that the engine looks much more playful as well as original.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 25/01/07, 15:32

Bougonnator wrote:(...) I manage to descend to 6,3 L / 100km.

Well then!
I fall from the clouds.
You consume as much as I do with my big Picasso !!!
I thought it consumed less than that a motorcycle ... even a 1200 ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/01/07, 15:39

Bougonnator wrote:Christophe,
I have a BMW K1200RS.
When I go to work I drive a little faster than cars, but very quietly and I can go down to 6,3 L / 100km.
While driving 'grandpa style', ie like a car, I can go down to 6L.

I have a VFR 750 from 1994 (so good old carbs) ... In the mountains, "good" arsouillant, I make 5L / 100. It's exactly the same drink as my friend's Z750 from 2003 with which I was just arming :) (except that the VFR is well 50 kg more ...) ... Obviously we stood ...

What I mean by that is that your BM still consumes bcp and this therefore joins my remark earlier ...

Bougonnator wrote:My home-to-work journey is made up of expressways and traffic jams, of a little town.
I hope to lower the consumption by mounting 4 With coupled with a generation of ions on the intake pipes. But I haven't driven enough yet to be able to talk about consumption.

of 4???? Keskidi?
Ion generator? Do you have a plan or is it a kit?

Bougonnator wrote:On the first tank, I made 6,6 L but having a little fun. I note in passing that the engine looks much more playful as well as original.

Ah? do you already have the ion generator then? It should interest the world of this forum...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 25/01/07, 16:08

Christophe wrote:
Bougonnator wrote:I hope to lower the consumption by mounting 4 With coupled with a generation of ions on the intake pipes.

of 4???? Keskidi?

WITH: generator of turbulence in the air intake by the addition of fins supposed to swirl the air arriving in the cylinders.

here is a link to un long post about it.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/01/07, 16:10

AAAAAAAAAAAH with WITH ... ok in this case I know (necessarily ...)

However with VSD on a recent BM I do not see what it could bring ...
0 x