Cost of salting and snow removal of roads in winter

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 01/03/13, 18:30

Hi André!

Montreal's figures on vehicle towing are amazing on the link you put above!

On Sunday, the City emphasized the good cooperation of the citizens in the snow removal activities. Until now, 1700 vehicles have been towed. "If we rely on the statistics of past years, we should be returned to 2400," says Michel Frenette.

http://www.radio-canada.ca/regions/Mont ... iers.shtml

It clearly shows a lack of parking on the island or tickets not salty enough!
: Shock:

There is also a disparity in the number of km of snow cleared road with what I posted as what we find as information is not too reliable, I posted 296 km on a link that I had found then that your link gives:

Between 2008 and 2009, the number of kilometers of roadways in Montreal has gone from 6 141 to 9 141. Urban development dazzling? No. The city has rather revised its way of counting kilometers.

http://argent.canoe.ca/lca/affaires/que ... 60555.html

I found my figure a bit low and I think your link is more realistic, it dramatically changes the cost of snow removal per km.

And it's still snowing ...
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 01/03/13, 22:13

Hello
Some pictures of the street ahead made this afternoon 1 march
just to understand that if several successive snowfalls arrive, there is no more room on the sidewalk and the front of the house to pile up the snow and it will be necessary to blow it. In the center old city load it on trucks, but we are on the end of winter, in a month there will be more in the streets just in the woods ..

the runway of the aerodrome, width 25 meters, there are snowbanks of each side that accumulates, there is always a little snow on the ground, if it is slippery in crosswind it is necessary to align the wings touch the snow it is a lurch, on the airfields the calcuim salt is forbidden because of the corossion of the aluminum

The plow on the track

This is the right way to push the snow away and to avoid the ramparts, the operator must roll a certain speed.
the ditches along the runway and the large ditch between the two highway lanes serve to store the snow, pushed by the chars.
0 x
Other

by Other » 05/03/13, 02:34

Hello

Not quite on the subject, but rarely seen the soft snow flowing from the roof of the garage, I just made the picture a few hours ago, as it's original I post it here.

Andre

0 x
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 05/03/13, 19:29

Hello,

to meet Christophe, we have about 80 Kms of floor to maintain. It is not easy to take this criterion because there are streets where it is necessary to pass 4 times, sometimes it is necessary to take departmental roads and it is necessary to refuel several times.
Overall from 15 Nov to 15 March for patrol, salting and snow removal we spend about 400H and we consume 60T salt.
I will soon have the figures for this winter.
Can you tell us the configuration of your commune? (country side, subdivisions, old center, special difficulties, etc ...)

jlg
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/03/13, 17:12

What panic in France today because of the snow ...

Ralalala what has our society become fragile ... or demanding?
0 x