Maersk container carrier

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 23/12/12, 23:44

Note that the CMA CGM MARCO POLO has 5 passenger cabins reserved for cargo trips.

Funny that, I thought it was no longer done. This is rather good news. I have always said that if I were ever to go to the other side of the world I would do it in a cargo ship. I prefer to hit a month at sea than 1 hours by plane ... even if in absolute terms I prefer to stay in France : Cheesy:
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 04/05/14, 13:19

Le Havre: 16 hour stopover for the Triple E container ship "Maersk Magleby"

15/04/2014 lemarin.fr

The arrival of the "Maersk Magleby" in Le Havre, Monday April 14th. (Photo: Éric Houri)

Le Havre welcomed for the first time a container ship from the Triple E series, the largest in the world today (18 TEU). Arriving on Monday April 000 at around 14 p.m., the Maersk Magleby made a 20-hour stopover in Port 16.

Arriving from Rotterdam with around 14 TEUs, the giant of the seas (000 x 400 meters) left for Tanger Med after 59 movements of containers for export. Dockers at the Porte Océane terminal completed commercial operations six hours ahead of schedule.

In Morocco, the boat will mainly reload empty containers at the top of the 19 box heights to approach its maximum capacity. "While waiting for the redistribution of P3 cards, we will adapt the volumes according to the needs of our customers by inserting Triple E in our current AE10 service", explains Peter Smidt-Nielsen, Managing Director of Maersk France SAS.

The Maersk Magleby could thus return to Le Havre at the end of June, as could four of its sister ships at the same time.

http://www.lemarin.fr/articles/detail/i ... rques.html
0 x