Measuring car consumption, EU combined cycle

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Measurement of car consumption, standardized EU cycle

by plasmanu » 12/01/20, 14:31

Thank you enerc : Mrgreen:
For this nice tackle that I was waiting to take out the artillery (real figures but it quickly confuses).
Inevitably 1l / 100 is too good to be true at the moment but who knows tomorrow. Airlines have a vested interest in doing this given the war they are waging.

Remundo you are absolutely right. Progress is still rapid and always tends to go in the right direction, except for the number of planes which is increasing.
Now with 2 people in the car it's kif kif

But going to Tunisia by car is the round trip that lasts all the holidays for an hour on the spot, and how many more kms to go around the Mediterranean even at 5 in the car, pollution level besides the car died on return. There is still the ferry but is this the solution
1 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Remundo

by Remundo » 12/01/20, 17:04

the "solution" is to stay on vacation not far from home.

where does this need to cross the world every 3 months to show its posterior come from? For those who want to discover many horizons, the internet gives you access to everything in a few moments.

In France alone, it is impossible to visit everything in a lifetime.

maybe at the limit the train in Europe is less polluting, but should see ... : Cry:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/01/20, 17:17

Comparing the specific consumption of these two very different modes of transport would only really make sense if there was a possibility of substitution, or to go in the direction of Remundo, the plane allows journeys, in frequency and in distance, which the automobile does not allow or very difficult ...
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 12/01/20, 18:16

I went all around South Ardèche. And it tears serious. But we get tired. French Riviera, lion golf course, Basque country, moors, Vendée Bretagne jura Auvergne. Not Normandy above Mont St St Michel towards Dunkirk, I am not amphibious.
Obviously the landing beaches a very long time ago.
Who wants to see petra, bodrum antalya, Malta, Cyprus, Athens, Jerusalem, not too far away. Return via Budapest Berlin and Copenhagen.
When you have time, sometimes you think about it a lot.
Sometimes I think of a sailboat to retype from the storm of 1999 or more recently. But what logistics. And it's not fast and for petra it's hot, come Budapest and Berlin forget and Copenhagen the North Sea bof bof
1 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 13/01/20, 18:29

To come back to the mainstream adaptation of racing technologies.
I don't know anything about the 2-stroke hybrid engine with direct injection with synthetic fuel.
I always have the received idea of ​​cylinders with stinking holes: thank you Joe Bar Team : Mrgreen:

https://www.paddock-gp.com/motogp-la-f1 ... nthetique/

"Fossil fuels have a very bad reputation and the electric is not yet 100% ready. That is why F1 officials have expressed their intention to have a zero carbon footprint by 2030 , an approach that would require all cars to operate 100% sustainably.

F1 Technical Director Pat Symonds said the change would involve major changes to the engines and the fuel used.
Speaking at the Motorsport Industry Association conference on energy efficiency in motorsport, the British revealed that F1 is considering the introduction of two-stroke engines that would run on eco-fuel.

"I am very excited that it is a two-stroke engine," he said. It is much more efficient, the sound of the exhaust is excellent and many of the problems of the old two-stroke engines are no longer relevant. "
The engines would still be hybrid, but powered by synthetic fuel. "We have to look at what our future powertrains will look like," said Symonds. “In F1, that's what we're doing right now. "

"The next engine we may produce may be the last one we run with liquid hydrocarbons," he said. "I think there is a good chance that there will still be an internal combustion engine, but maybe it will run on hydrogen."

"I certainly think that the internal combustion engine has a long future and I think it has a future that is longer than what many politicians realize because politicians hang everything on electric vehicles. There is nothing wrong with electric vehicles but there are reasons why they are not the solution for everyone. "

He wanted to dismiss the obvious fears that a move to two-stroke would be a step back, "that of a certain age reminiscent of Sunday afternoons spoiled by lawn mowers and evenings by noisy scooters", he said. “Direct injection and the new ignition systems have all enabled the new forms of two-stroke engines to be very efficient and very emission-friendly. I think there is a good future for them. "
... "
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 14/01/20, 07:18

And if I hear to quote no one: that the engines too reliable put the garage owners out of work.
I will ask how he changes his tires, changes his oil, changes the pads and the brake and clutch discs. Timing belt. Bleed the brakes. Recharge your air conditioning. Take apart the gimbals, make the bodywork, have a diagnostic case, have lead and acid at home ...
The list goes on around a reliable engine or not. Economical or not, hybrid, hydrogen and even electric simply.
Especially since the kids now don't know if a Phillips screw can be removed with a screwdriver or a Phillips head.
From morning to night on Snapchat
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 14/01/20, 07:34

And if I hear to quote no one: that the engines too reliable put the garage owners out of work.
I will ask how he changes his tires, changes his oil, changes the pads and the brake and clutch discs. Timing belt. Bleed the brakes. Recharge your air conditioning. Take apart the gimbals, make the bodywork, have a diagnostic case, have lead and acid at home ...
this does not put the garage owners out of work, there is no need to be a garage owner to do these operations, it just devalues ​​their profession where it no longer becomes possible for them to carry out an operation (yesterday still simple) without it becomes a monster of complexity with its multitudes of sensors of all kinds ... and it's experience!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 14/01/20, 07:36

So there is a job!
Take first and second degree : Mrgreen:

Edict: And it's not Snapchat that will train future garage owners and even less Pokemon Go.
Fortunately there are sensors.
Lack of oil. Lack of water.
Lack of brake fluid, no more pads, flat tire, lambda sensor ...
If your mechanic doesn't know where each wire goes, change the mechanic.
If the planes had kept propellers they would not have turbines ...
Last edited by plasmanu the 14 / 01 / 20, 07: 49, 1 edited once.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 14/01/20, 07:47

So there is a job!
Take first and second degree : Mrgreen:
work, there are in all professions, waiting to be completely replaced by machines. The question is rather the regular increase in garage bills and where a diagnosis and a replacement operation was financially bearable with small incomes, it became unaffordable.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 14/01/20, 07:53

You don't have a little toyota made in France too.
Reliable, economical, easy not to repair.
So you think that the garage owners will be replaced by robots.
I would like to see that, it must be a great moment of solitude for the machine. But with AI she might cry : Mrgreen:
0 x