Measuring car consumption, EU combined cycle

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Measurement of car consumption, standardized EU cycle

by Janic » 11/01/20, 16:44

It makes me think of the fanatical ecologists who wander everywhere alone in the car consuming 8l / 100 and who want to ban the plane which consumes 1l / 100 per passenger when it is full. But go change the mentality of a fanatic, it's a waste of time.
ah ah! fanatical and non-fanatic ecologists do not build cars and it is difficult for them to get to work a few km further by plane. However from time to time there are filled cars and planes that are not and this is valid for any means of transport.
would you not be a bit fanatical anti-green who can not change mentality? : Shock: Pain lost then!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 11/01/20, 16:48

With the figures we can say everything and its opposite.
Are there many airlines that take off empty for fun? And guys in the car alone, are there many?

Heck you quoted me before I finished writing.
Who it is that pollutes the most, figures in support.

PS: I have no computer, so no keyboard is laborious.
Anti-green. This good joke. This is another subject.
Rather, there is a green conflict between fields and green cities.

"Aren't you a bit of an anti-green fanatic who can't change your mentality? : Shock: Waste of time then! "
It is to go quickly to work as judgment.
I am open to anything that is constructive and opposed to all fanaticism. It suits you. I can count and think too
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/01/20, 08:22

"Aren't you a bit of an anti-green fanatic who can't change your mentality? : Shock: Waste of time then! "

It is to go quickly to work as judgment.
it is not a judgment, but an interrogation for derisory ends since it is you who pass judgment on ecologists supposed fanatics

fanatic
adjective and noun
1. Animated towards a religion (and, by extension, towards a doctrine, a person), of an absolute faith and a blind zeal.
Fanatic supporter.
2. Who has a passion, an intense admiration for someone or something.
synonyms: passionate, fan, fanatic

wouldn't you be a fan of motorsport then?
I am open to anything that is constructive and opposed to all fanaticism. It suits you. I can count and think too
So much the better! everything is for the best then!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 12/01/20, 08:35

When we say that 8l / 100 ca pollutes less than 1l / 100.
It's weird.
For me 8 is greater than 1.
And when the whole anti-aircraft Facebook group, for example, believes that, it's a belief close to religion. A guy said and we're not trying to find out how or why.
Take people not very smart, sometimes so unfortunately, put them together, a big fake news. You touch a little. For me it gives fanatics.

Edit: the turbine efficiency is much better therefore more efficient.
Pollution per passenger over a long distance is therefore better, except in the case of the car with 5 people, to be seen.
If we put 50 people in the 1hp F1000 trailer compared to 5 people in the 100hp car.
I’m almost sure that it’s F1 transport that pollutes the least per passenger
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 12/01/20, 12:14

"synonyms: passionate, fan, fana
aren't you a motorsport fan then? "

Yes. And I especially like the Dantesque side : Mrgreen:
I was 16 when my father bought an old 125 xr honda.
At 17 the permit 125 paid from my pocket.
I bought the technical review that I learned by heart.
To the point disassemble and reassemble the engine in the dark in one hour.
Then buy an 80RG which I forgot the water drain screw, so tight the engine and repaired and lost in the drain the only key (I found it well after).
Big cube license from my pocket. Purchase of an old 400 gsxf 4 cylinder 16 valves which I quickly twisted the crankshaft. So buy a broken box wreck to reassemble mine. Technical review of the 400 twin-cylinder.
The army: purchase for 2 months of balance of an old 750xs 3cylindres with dial and torque damper. Go from 1st to 3rd, not 2nd. Technical review by heart to color the electrical wiring so I had galleys.
When I opened the box, engine upside down, I had a head, the diagram seen from above of the manual. So upside down the gables. Re-opening. Death by lack of oil on the central cylinder after 110000kms and survived meeting a 104. Then 600 Ténéré a bite of bread returned from flight, an engine seized in a more recent carton and some of the missing parts without key, technical review by heart. Resold 300 €.
The first 750vfr at least 100000kms bought € 500 because I had been stolen and then found the Ténéré. But not too scratched above except the purges.
VFR that I gave after buying the Triumph 1050 speed triple of which I only have the maintenance book. With the internet now no longer too much paperwork. But before if, and it is a bedside book a technical notice.
So yes by force of things I understand a little mechanics and I know where a key of 10 goes.
And I know the torque curve, the power curve and the consumption curve
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/01/20, 12:26

aren't you a motorsport fan then? "
Yes.
so a fanatic! So if you're a fanatic in one area, why blame others for being in other areas? : roll:
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 12/01/20, 12:56

No kidding, I can't believe what I'm reading.

I'm a fan of motorsport.
Donc ...
Because I like the technology that goes with it.
It excuses the stupidity of idiots who understand nothing.
You are going to tell me that 8 is smaller than 1.
Even with 2 smaller than 1 I wouldn't believe it.

Edict: I put water in my wine.
I am willing to be fond of reuse, waste, resourcefulness and resilience
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 12/01/20, 13:25

It makes me think of the fanatical ecologists who wander everywhere alone in the car consuming 8l / 100 and who want to ban the plane which consumes 1l / 100 per passenger when it is full. Who it is that pollutes the most. Supporting figures. But go change the mentality of a fanatic, it's a waste of time. Can't count

No.
A plane consumes in the best of cases between 3 and 4 liters per 100km, per passenger.
The best case is a journey of 3000 km with a full plane.
On shorter or longer journeys, consumption is higher (you have to "carry" the kerosene for the first thousand km or lose it on ascent / descent)
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 12/01/20, 13:47

Of course.
Screenshot_2020-01-12-13-35-07-142_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_2020-01-12-13-35-07-142_com.android.chrome.jpg (472.33 KB) Viewed 2422 times

And of course an airplane with the tidal tanks consumes more.
My example is there to make a comparison of scale with simple figures to combat misconceptions. With 1 as a reference even one who has not been to school can make multiplications
Screenshot_2020-01-12-13-33-12-525_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2020-01-12-13-42-51-628_com.android.chrome.jpg

By specifying the use of a petrol car with only one person on board, the plane pollutes less wherever you go as soon as it is a bit far. I know that going up to 10000m is very demanding and bleak the average at short distance.
Once in the air at stabilized speed I do not find the exact value of consumption.
Here I have 2l / 100 but I remember having read further down.
http://cockpiter737.canalblog.com/archi ... 52138.html
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-01-12-14-10-23-379_com.android.chrome.jpg
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 12/01/20, 14:16

ah the eternal debate ...

yes the plane consumes less than a car with a single passenger if we calculate in L / 100km / passenger

BUT it is rare that we take a car and that we make 10 km in 000 days ... In addition we can travel 2 in the same car, and there we are 4-1,5L / 2km / passenger

therefore the plane in "quantitative" is still very emitter of CO2 / passenger, because the average distances traveled are enormous if you set foot in an airplane, and also because there is no ecological fuel for the planes (99,9% fossil kerosene)

one could envisage the production of biokerozene, certainly, but the needs with mass aviation are very great and for the moment the economic aspect gives the advantage to fossil hydrocarbons.
0 x