Consumption DCi, HDi ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 14/09/06, 16:25

having more power does not necessarily lead to more consumption: an 806 2,1TD 110 CV consumes less than an 806
1,9 TD 90 CV, simply pcq:

1) the engine responds better, therefore, an experienced driver is not tempted to drive the mushroom like a fool.

(I had to lend a Polo 1,4 lit diesel 92 for a few weeks, I like to tell you that I was constantly on the board, which does not happen to me with other cars)

2) we are not tempted to downgrade in certain situations.

chip tuning should probably be combined with a modification of the accelerator pedal-engine relationship to gain fuel consumption.

however, chip tuning poses an insurance premium problem
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 14/09/06, 20:55

Andre wrote:
[…] I realized this recently because of the frying, I roll harder to avoid the crushing of the engine […]

I was told some time ago that the high regimes did not particularly help in cleaning up. What was needed was the sub-regimes.

In fact, under engine speed the engine temperature rises and all the junk food burns.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 14/09/06, 22:11

Hello
the term diet is not appropriate! I correct hitch the machine
the transmission is automatic I can not run at the speeds that I want, what I wanted to say I drive faster to load the engine, it is the only way that I have to force it, although I have installing larger wheels, this helps with the load.
I understand that you interpret this with a manual transmission or you can run the engine on intermediate speeds and this is not famous for a cleaning.
but in 5th roll the carpet a while the engine works a little better after (watch the radars)

Andre
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 14/09/06, 23:48

nialabert wrote:[...] I was told some time ago that the high regimes did not particularly help in cleaning up. What was needed was the sub-regimes.

In fact, under engine speed the engine temperature rises and all the junk food burns.
With fuel oils, it is not so much a problem of sub-revs or high revs, but of engine load.
It is necessary to avoid underloads and to prefer frank but short accelerations to soft accelerations which last a long time ...
And indeed, it is easier to load an oil around its maximum torque regime than above. And there indeed, at full load at 2000 or 2500 rpm, the temperature rises.
This is the problem (or the advantage depending on the phases of work) of using the oil in a tractor: if it works in the fields it is all good it is fully loaded, but on the road it is under load ...
0 x
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 15/09/06, 10:15

Woodcutter wrote:
nialabert wrote:[...] I was told some time ago that the high regimes did not particularly help in cleaning up. What was needed was the sub-regimes.

With fuel oils, it is not so much a problem of sub-revs or high revs, but of engine load.
It is necessary to avoid underloads and to prefer frank but short accelerations to soft accelerations which last a long time ...
And indeed, it is easier to load an oil around its maximum torque regime than above. And there indeed, at full load at 2000 or 2500 rpm, the temperature rises.
This is the problem (or the advantage depending on the phases of work) of using the oil in a tractor: if it works in the fields it is all good it is fully loaded, but on the road it is under load ...

Ok I bow, you're absolutely right. In addition I was on a petrol engine. I don't have the oil reflex. In Switzerland apart from tractors and taxis, there is not much diesel. But more and more.
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."