Consumption DCi, HDi ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: passive safety ..... of the pipo

by Woodcutter » 13/01/06, 16:46

jean63 wrote:Completely agree with webmaster: the armada of "protections": airbags and so on, it is a false idea of ​​the security that people are gobbled up! [...]
Whatever ! :frown:
I suppose you work in an accident research unit to find out a truth like that?

It is total nonsense to confuse the bullshit of certain people, who, under the guise of "safer" cars, either allow themselves to drive more dangerously, or to neglect fundamentals such as the maintenance of security organs ( tires and brakes in particular) with, I quote, a "misconception of security"...

The progress in terms of passive safety is undeniable, you only have to go and search the (yet recent) archives of EuroNCAP to realize it. Progress in the field of active safety is also easily verifiable, you just have to drive an old one (like your 504) and compare it with a modern one like a 307 for example to quickly see differences in terms of braking, handling in dry and wet conditions.

Now, the fact that YOU, you have not had an accident with your old cars is only a reflection of your caution, not the level of safety of your vehicles ...
Should not be seen to mix everything and make a particular case a generalizable truth. :?

jean63 wrote:In modern cars you no longer hear the engine, you no longer realize the speed at which you are driving, you tend to fall asleep. With the 504 petrol, I know that I am not top for pollution, but given the low annual mileage (4000 km max), I do not bcp increase the CO2 in the atmosphere ...
I can continue on the LPG ... etc ..... there are many speeches to review.
There are real things in what you say: modern cars are much quieter than before (and it's really good for listening to music and putting on long journeys without being completely exhausted nervously on arrival ...) and LPG is the perfect example of the false good idea of ​​fuel to replace oil.
For the rest, the use of a 504 must still, despite your "that" 4000 km annual, produce as many different pollutants as an equivalent modern car that would do between 3 and ...... many times more ! : Evil:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 13/01/06, 17:09

former oceanic wrote:[...] The Logan can seem interesting, but it has 2 engines MPI 1,4L 75ch and 1,6L 90CV. What is their consumption? Also if we look at the features on the site

http://www.dacia-logan.fr/fr/DaciaSITe/home/index.html

we see an 's' in the catalytic converter section ... Would it be delivered without ???.
The consumption is indicated on this same site and the "S" most likely means "Series" ...

former oceanic wrote:In any case, a good point for me is the optional power steering.

have reflexes of avoidance due to the motorbike, and the rare times when I had a car with DA in hand and that a "Marseilles of driver" made a "c .... erie" being able me " involve, I avoided and these 'reugneugneu de reugneugneu' from DA amplify the rapid movements !!! Whereas with a normal car (I mean old), it goes where you put the wheel and not at 30 ° more.
: shock: What the bullshit! The relationship between the steering angle of the steering wheel and the steering angle of the wheels is linear, at least for the angles corresponding to normal driving ... Maybe at the end of the steering (in the case of parking maneuvers) there is a difference, but that would surprise me a lot. Besides, this has nothing to do with the audience, but with the design of the management ...
Finally, for the moment, only BMW is working on a steering system which would be able to "overshoot" or "undershoot" slightly alone, based on information identical to that used by the ESP computers, precisely to improve this function that appeared recently on modern cars (and for which I, too, in this case, it is not at all necessary).

former oceanic wrote:Besides my sister and my niece of 12 months, we ended up in a ditch with a C3 because of the DA, my sister gave a steering wheel to avoid a motorist who made a big deviation of trajectory and the DA amplified movement...
Wouaaaaarf .... : Cheesy:
I'm really sorry for your sister and the little one (I hope they had nothing ... :? ) but it's really the most bogus excuse I've heard in a long time to explain a loss of control ... :!:
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 13/01/06, 22:42

I beat my coulpe for the Logan because I saw the consoles afterwards by leaving to snoop around on the site (I did not unroll the page entirely). But as someone wrote after me, I did not edit my message by correction (I only edit myself to correct spelling mistakes). Then the 's' was a question. Perhaps it is indeed from Erie.

When the reactions of DA, I suggest you go on a small road and to test with a car with a DA and one without DA you will see the difference in reaction of cars (I recently repeated the experience with the Skoda Fabia from my mother who has an AD ...).

To resume, an avoidance with 2 sudden flying strokes are not 'normal' driving conditions.
0 x
Jean-Francois
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Jean-Francois » 14/01/06, 00:43

Asgard bone tyr wrote:Then : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:
you should tell me what that means j8 thing stuff and the other : Lol:
I'm void in technical abbreviation !!! thank you for the info

the 852 rectangular air filter couples to the intake manifold and the J8S has a round filter separate from it

charendome wrote:
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Hello.
I also have a traffic D. I'm not at home, but I'm not sure that the j8s is not a turbo (I check as soon as I get home).

it's atmospheres all that ..... the turbo is the T7R it seems to me
otherwise if you have a traffic in box 5 transfers all the heap of housings which there is below that is why they freak (because of the heat)

Personally I am in a box 4 ca mill to burst from 80km / h

veiled voilou :P
0 x
jeff me born with a rod in one hand and a welding station in the other :-)
... ______
... / ______ \
. (00 00 = H =)
..IiI "" "" "" III Vraoummm .. !!!!!
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 14/01/06, 12:36

lumberjack ==>

Okay with you for security, but what I mean is that:
It is not because you have a modern car with all the imaginable security that you have to believe yourself safe from EVERYTHING. I think the problem is there: lots of drivers think they can't do anything to them. I even read a little further down in this forum someone has crashed because of power steering (amplification of movement !! weird).
I know a person who really failed to crash after an engine shutdown which led to the disappearance of the steering assistance and he really almost went to the ravine on a small road in Corsica with an OPEL type "Renault space".
I myself had an alternator failure at night, after a while => more battery => engine stopped => more power steering: not nice when you find yourself with a steering wheel as hard as concrete in your hands . : Lol:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 14/01/06, 13:56

me my obsession is that the belt of the hydraulic pump loose suddenly!
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 14/01/06, 20:51

Yes, that's not bad too. Besides, I think that certain accidents are the consequence of sudden breakdowns of this type, but sometimes unfortunately, the driver having died in the accident, he cannot speak about it ..... and then even alive if he does not knows nothing about mechanics, if he talks about it to a non-connoisseur, we will take him for a moron who tells anything.
It reminds me of Renault cruise controls, in my opinion there was a real problem with that, but the manufacturers have always had an interest in stifling this kind of story.
I had a cruise control on my R25 automatic gearbox, it worked very well and very simple .. anyway by braking we disconnect the cruise control. Since this is a reflex, I find it hard to believe that all of these people have all "forgotten" to press the brake pedal. : Lol:
What do you think :?:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
nofy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by nofy » 14/01/06, 22:17

Good evening everyone,
I agree with Bucheron ... Besides, in my place I will cut the computer, it's really too modern ... and take your goose feathers and your parchments, because beware, the computer "it ruins your noeilnoeils and also the neuneu-ronnes ....... and then racism anti 4x4 and big displacement, it gave me, especially when you drive with an old big displacement, kind 504, because at the time it was a big displacement !! ... And so much the better if you did not have an accident, but at equal speed compared to a secure vehicle, I dare not even think about it ... So, stop go in the direction of the so-called politically correct and stop your bullshit or ride with a cart pulled by oxen !! But I think the best is to advance the Pantone, all together, and modernize it too like our cars now, it will only be more efficient, as André and Pitmix do. I held a breakage for 23 years and was part of the assos ACT, so when it comes to accidents, I can write you a book, starting with those who did not agree on the seat belt .... So the airbags .... which cannot be trigger all alone, because pyrotechnic .... For cruise control, if you knew how it works, we realize very quickly that it was not credible and that the people in question were not looking, because of a error on their part, to take advantage. Now, to be clear, I am not saying that everything is perfect in our vehicles now, but on safety, hats off!
Nofy (dream)
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 20/01/06, 20:03

former oceanic wrote:I beat my coulpe for the Logan because I saw the consoles afterwards by leaving to snoop around on the site (I did not unroll the page entirely). But as someone wrote after me, I did not edit my message by correction (I only edit myself to correct spelling mistakes). Then the 's' was a question. Perhaps it is indeed from Erie.
The editing of a message can be seen, and "by correction", you can always report why you changed it afterwards ...
Your sentence on the "s" was a question, I brought what I think is an answer.

former oceanic wrote:When the reactions of DA, I suggest you go on a small road and to test with a car with a DA and one without DA you will see the difference in reaction of cars (I recently repeated the experience with the Skoda Fabia from my mother who has an AD ...).

To resume, an avoidance with 2 sudden flying strokes are not 'normal' driving conditions.
I had a car without DA (my first) and the others with DA ... Apart from much better comfort at low speed, I saw nothing in particular ...
In any case, your statement about 30 ° is a false truth!
It is not because you or a few other people at one time had difficulty managing the efforts to be made while driving a vehicle with DA that this system is a bad and dangerous driving assistance system. ..
It comes back a little to what Jean63 says (and that I wrote just before), the elements available on modern vehicles and which improve safety do not allow you to do anything.

For the avoidance maneuver, I agree with you that this is not a "normal" driving phase but I do not see how the DA has a share of responsibility in this ... I would even be tempted to believe that, by reducing the effort to provide the steering wheel, it allows better control of the vehicle.
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 20/01/06, 22:45

Woodcutter wrote:For the avoidance maneuver, I agree with you that this is not a "normal" driving phase but I do not see how the DA has a share of responsibility in this ... I would even be tempted to believe that, by reducing the effort to provide the steering wheel, it allows better control of the vehicle.

I do not agree with you. By definition, a reflex movement also called a sudden movement is generally not controlled in force. So with an DA, you quickly turned the steering wheel a half turn.

It's like wet braking for example. With a vehicle without abs, to brake properly over a short distance, the wheels must not be locked. In normal condition it is easy to manage. But in case of real emergency braking, the reflex makes you stand on the brake pedal, you control that slab, you block your wheels, and it does not brake!
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."