Collection of technical solutions for reducing our cars

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 17/11/10, 11:57

yes an electric power steering could be lighter and above all more economical in energy when it is useless, instead of these horrible pumps which eats too much energy to turn for nothing

the worst part is that you say that the power steering of your electric car is hydraulic!

the directions are often voluntarily hard to hide which are badly balanced, is then we put an assisted direction

with a steering pivot exactly vertical in the axis of the wheel, and a narrow wheel the steering is naturally balanced and easy: example citroen gs, as soon as the car moves forward, you turn the steering wheel with a finger, there is only 'when it comes to a complete stop it gets hard

unfortunately the double triangle front axle no longer exists: it's all mc phearson: biased axis and heavy friction ... and heavy wear: shock absorber expensive to change

my light car will have a real front axle with double triangle, with narrow wheel, without power steering
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 17/11/10, 12:28

And if you have a pressure source over 10 bars in the car, you also solve all mechanical assistance problems.

But it sounds too simple, doesn't it?
0 x
See you soon !
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 17/11/10, 13:11

you want to make us a direction assisted with compressed air ???

have you ever seen a specific compressed air servo ??

the advantage of hydraulics is to be precise and very reliable! an assisted steering has no right to get stuck and even less to cause unexpected movements: it is thanks to this high reliability that it resists facing the electric solution which has taken a long time to obtain sufficient security

problem of the air servo, if it takes a quick effort to compensate for a reaction of the wheel, it is necessary to inflate one side of the verien, as the air is elastic it is not instantaneous, it takes time to inflate, and if the effort to compensate suddenly disappears, the time that the servo deflates the cylinder we swerve

power assisted steering I don't want it
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 17/11/10, 13:42

You should not see that the possibilities that seem negative to you!

You can just use air pressure as a reserve of energy for a small hydraulic system, in order to suppress the undesirable effect for this function, of the elasticity of the air.
0 x
See you soon !
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 17/11/10, 16:09

chatelot16 wrote:the worst part is that you say that the power steering of your electric car is hydraulic!

chatelot16 wrote:re open. The electrically driven hydraulic pump operates continuously. However it consumes little in a straight line because the hydraulic flow does not meet any effort ... It is minimal, but it is loss.
It would have been preferable to mount a direction with closed center with pressure accumulator and starting of the pump at the pressure drop ...
:?
The ideal remains the 100% electric steering, much more compact, light and efficient. : Arrowl:
chatelot16 wrote:the directions are often voluntarily hard to hide which are badly balanced, is then we put an assisted direction
On the contrary, the directions are balanced. The large hunting angle of modern directions aims to maximize stability and recall online.
chatelot16 wrote:with a steering pivot exactly vertical in the axis of the wheel, and a narrow wheel the steering is naturally balanced and easy: example citroen gs, as soon as the car moves forward, you turn the steering wheel with a finger, there is only 'when it comes to a complete stop it gets hard

unfortunately the double triangle front axle no longer exists: it's all mc phearson: biased axis and heavy friction ... and heavy wear: shock absorber expensive to change
The axis of rotation of pivots passes in modern cars through the axis of symmetry of the tire. Modern suspension arms offer very sophisticated dynamic functions that it would take too long to develop in this subject ...
Audi innovated on this subject in 1995 with the "Virtual Pivots" of the arms of its A4 model.
0 x
FPLM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by FPLM » 17/11/10, 19:46

Drive on hydrogen with the passenger compartment as a tank or remove the engine ...
Ok I'm leaving.
0 x
"If you are not careful, the newspapers will eventually make you hate the oppressed and the oppressors worship. "
Malcolm X
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 19/11/10, 08:25

citro wrote:And then today, a good direction is 100% electric and lighter than 20 years ago ...

False ... Do you know the weight of a PSA electric DA pump? The rack remains the same ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 19/11/10, 11:08

Macro wrote:
citro wrote:And then today, a good direction is 100% electric and lighter than 20 years ago ...
False ... You know the weight of a DA pump electric PSA? The rack remains the same ...
If there is a pump, it is an electro-hydraulic. I was referring to an electric steering, devoid of hydraulics (no pump, no rotary distributor, no cylinder, no pipe).

I know the weight of a DA electropump, given that my electric cars are equipped with it and quite tarabiscoté because:
- The DA tank is ... in the trunk :frown:
- The electric pump is under the rear seat
- The hydraulic pipes and electrical supplies pass under the body to the rack.

I haven't seen a 100% electric PSA steering yet. I would try to study them when I have one in front of me, because if it is possible to mount one on my electric cars by gaining weight and efficiency, I do not say no ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/11/10, 11:23

your hydraulic steering is already in place it would be very complicated to change it

only small progress easy to do, automatically slow the pump when it is not used ... divide the voltage by 2 divides the power lost by at least 4 and can be more

remains to make a measurement of the power consumed by this pump in a straight line ... to avoid breaking this head if it is weak

but when you talk about the rear pump and the long hose it's a blow to have an even greater no-load power than on the petrol car where the hoses are very short
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 19/11/10, 11:49

chatelot16 wrote:your hydraulic steering is already in place it would be very complicated to change it
I have already mounted DA on vehicles that were not original. :D
chatelot16 wrote:only small progress easy to do, automatically slow the pump when it is not used ... divide the voltage by 2 divides the power lost by at least 4 and can be more
remains to make a measurement of the power consumed by this pump in a straight line ... to avoid breaking this head if it is weak
Yes, this has already been done, I no longer have the figures in mind. :?
Dividing the voltage to slow the pump risks increasing the current consumed and above all generating an unpleasant response time with use ...
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."