Citroën C3 CNG with city gas: update on the situation?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Citroën C3 CNG with city gas: update on the situation?

by Christophe » 31/08/06, 08:41

It's been a while (at the end of 2004) that Citroën has announced the release of its C3 CNG rechargeable with city gas (see https://www.econologie.com/c3-gnv-au-gaz ... s-912.html ) ... I was asking myself the question (no longer in France): what is it currently? Is this car on the market? If yes, at what price? Are we talking about it in the media or advertising campaigns? is there any feedback already? If not, when is it scheduled?

Last edited by Christophe the 09 / 10 / 07, 14: 18, 1 edited once.
0 x
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rezut » 23/02/07, 12:34

salut tous le monde

this is what i found while searching the net

"" I would like citroen to build the C3 CNG a little faster.
I am one of the customers who ordered a C3 GNV in 11/06, with a deadline which to date is not even fixed exactly:

DELIVERY SHOULD BE MADE IN FEBRUARY OR MARCH (I hope it will be in 2007 !!!!) or 3 to 4.5 months

They do nothing to promote this type of vehicle !!! "" ""

find on http://ecologie.caradisiac.com/Citroen-met-les-gaz-800

ps: I was looking for a c3 occasionally and I accidentally fell over it
0 x
jm44
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jm44 » 23/02/07, 18:30

a little logical
they will sell a car that will be unusable because putting city gas is prohibited by law (similar problem of the TIPP on the HVB)
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 24/02/07, 14:46

jm44 wrote:a little logical
they will sell a car that will be unusable because putting city gas is prohibited by law (similar problem of the TIPP on the HVB)

It is not possible what you say there !! Citroën would not have launched a model if it was not usable in France ........ it is hardly possible.

I saw this model with my own eyes on a brochure from Citroën, there was also the "stop and go" model whose engine stops as soon as the vehicle stops and restarts as soon as you press the button. accelerator: great in town, where cars often spend more time standing still than driving!

I had to put this leaflet in the trash, but if someone comes to Citroën, he can keep you informed !!!

So where is this C3 CNG? I'll take a look at the "Citroën" site.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 24/02/07, 15:41

Hello
There would be nothing surprising in 1969, I had bought a DS19 in Quebec and many parts were different from that of the French market, identical for the Renault models For the 300TD which is sold here he had in 1984 install an ERG valve a longer bridge not found on the market in Europe.
Sometimes companies make cars to sell elsewhere than in their own country.
As for legislation, it can change the day after a change of government. as well in the good sense as in the bad sense, but always in the sense of government interests (taxes).

Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/10/07, 10:21

We can finally test the system at home:
http://www.operationcarburantgaznaturel ... logie.html

On the other hand if I understood correctly the price is around 1,25 € / m² of gas (1m² = 1 L energetically speaking) ... to kill the egg in the chicken there is no better :|
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/06/11, 08:24

an original vision of Audi
Audi will then partner with a biogas manufacturer, whose production process, in the purification phase, releases CO2. This CO2 will be mixed with hydrogen to produce methane which Audi calls e-gas, and it is this e-gas, of quality equal to current town gas, which will motorize cars. The advantage is that today there is everywhere in Germany (and in Europe), a vast network of storage and distribution of natural gas. This avoids the difficulties of setting up an intelligent electricity distribution network, with bidirectional meters in all houses. And individuals could continue to fill up in a few minutes at any time, as they are used to with a petrol car

Source Motor Nature

Natural gas is produced via the reaction CO2 + 2 H2 -> CH4 + H2O

H2O being hydrolyzed elsewhere with renewable electricity.

The idea is
1) to benefit from existing gas distribution networks
2) a means of storing intermittent energy from wind turbines for useful purposes (transport)
3) to recycle the CO2 of a "lambda emitter"
4) to have a high autonomy on the vehicle (with hydrocarbons)

This NASA document explains in more detail the catalysts required. Known reactions since 1899! : Idea:

On the principle it is very interesting, on the other hand the yield of primary energy used for 100 km does not have to be enormous.
0 x