car performance against bike and recumbent

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Car performance against bike and recumbent bike

by sicetaitsimple » 08/01/20, 11:59

GuyGadebois wrote:I didn't say it didn't work, I said that we've been waiting 29 years for this to happen.

It seems that Guy Nègre's last words were "Eric Dupont killed me".
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 08/01/20, 14:41

I didn't say it didn't work, I said that we've been waiting 29 years for this to happen.
this has already succeeded, but not at the industrial stage when it is only a niche with limited scope. It is the same case for MCE5 and variable compression!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 09/01/20, 18:00

Janic wrote:
I didn't say it didn't work, I said that we've been waiting 29 years for this to happen.
this has already succeeded, but not at the industrial stage when it is only a niche with limited scope. It is the same case for MCE5 and variable compression!

So it didn't work out.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 09/01/20, 18:10

So it didn't work out.
we must not confuse the outcome of a project, an invention which consists in verifying the feasibility, and the industrialization which depends on the financial system and the market concerned.
It is only to see the history of the electric vehicle which has sometimes been more successful than the thermal and other times the reverse and therefore ups and downs, even very low, productions. So sometimes led to other times put on a date!
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_EV1
Last edited by Janic the 09 / 01 / 20, 18: 25, 1 edited once.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 09/01/20, 18:21

Janic wrote:
So it didn't work out.
we must not confuse the outcome of a project, an invention which consists in verifying the feasibility, and the industrialization which depends on the financial system and the market concerned.

When we have been waiting for 30 years soon to be able to buy a car and the designer / builder (now deceased) goes from Carros to who knows where then from "I don't know who" to Tata, then from Tata to "Who knows where? which ", and that the prototype has never driven *, no that's not what I call a successful project. At all.

* https://hoax-net.be/non-la-voiture-a-ai ... kilometre/
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 09/01/20, 18:32

When we have been waiting for 30 years soon to be able to buy a car and the designer / builder (now deceased) goes from Carros to who knows where then from "I don't know who" to Tata, then from Tata to "Who knows where? which ", and that the prototype has never driven *, no that's not what I call a successful project. At all.

* https://hoax-net.be/non-la-voiture-a-ai ... kilometer /
you don't take this site seriously anyway! ?
Nègre has never developed his vehicle for motorways or long journeys (the volume of compressed air only allows short journeys), but only in niches where this type of vehicle could provide the expected service including city ​​trips, for example.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 09/01/20, 18:36

Janic wrote:you don't take this site seriously anyway! ?

Yes, and all the more so since at the bottom of the text there are three links, two of which redirect to serious "Clean automobile" and "Nature engine" sites which do not lie. The compressed air car is a pipe dream that starts with a good feeling but which will never see the light of day. (We bet?)
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 09/01/20, 18:49

Janic wrote:
you don't take this site seriously anyway! ?
Yes, and all the more so since at the bottom of the text there are three links, two of which redirect to serious "Clean automobile" and "Nature engine" sites which do not lie.
they don't lie? Like all auto sites if they said bad things about the vehicles that manufacturers make, free of charge, available to them, they could put the key under the mat.
The compressed air car is a chimera starting from a good feeling but which will never see the day. (We bet?)
they already came into being with buses running on compressed air, a long time ago.
https://www.assisesdelamobilite.gouv.fr ... a-141.html
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 09/01/20, 19:27

Janic wrote:they already came into being with buses running on compressed air, a long time ago.
https://www.assisesdelamobilite.gouv.fr ... a-141.html

Since when do you believe in government websites? : Mrgreen:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/01/20, 19:39

I don't see why you are bickering over a solution to the past when the future is at hand!

Liquid Nitrogen Car

Liquid nitrogen tank: 2 times 300 liters - 100 kWH
Intermediate lithium battery 10 kWH
Power of the electric nitrogen generator with liquid nitrogen: 20 kW
130 kW electric motor with 2-speed gearbox
Range 600 km

https://www.energieazoteliquide.com/bat ... -ou-250-kw
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."