Car: interests of electronics in vehicles

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 01/06/10, 11:27

while to think of the success of the DACIA, with its 93% reliability and the minimum of electronics
on the other hand, electronics is very good on the sole condition that the components are of quality (toyota) but not low-end as at renault (lifetime from simple to fivefold)
0 x
every morning you look naked in a large ice after 3 minutes you will see that your home and your worst picture ......
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/06/10, 11:33

Certainly everything is actually possible but in the case of a vehicle, you must already find an adaptable plug ...

It's not really a USB port I think ... well not yet : Mrgreen:

Then I think that the manufacturers still put the bolts (read only).

Example all con justifying the jacks: the 118d and the 120d have the same engine, it's just the box that changes. The 120 has 40 cv more and is sold 4000 € more approximately.

It's exactly the same at Renault: their dci makes 75, 90 and 115 hp but it's exactly the same mill.

Do you think they have not provided security to prevent transforming a car into another model sold more expensive?

Then we can buy ready-made calculo kits ... but it's not software breaking ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 01/06/10, 11:37

zorglub wrote:while to think of the success of the DACIA, with its 93% reliability and the minimum of electronics
on the other hand, electronics is very good on the sole condition that the components are of quality (toyota) but not low-end as at renault (lifetime from simple to fivefold)

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Is it irony or what Zorglub ???
The toyota rav4 is the nightmare of its users because of failure of the electronic management of its anti skating which burns the transmissions ..And the scandal of the knob of accelerator of the aigo ???

Even on my fiat of 2000 this knob is double and constantly compared.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 01/06/10, 11:40

Christophe wrote:

In most cases it is just "fooling" sensors to force the actuators to go higher.
So this is the hard

The breaking of soft is reprog calculo ... There are clever people who can make you run a smart engine with pig fat ...
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 01/06/10, 12:14

Christophe wrote:

It's exactly the same at Renault: their dci makes 75, 90 and 115 hp but it's exactly the same mill.

Do you think they have not provided security to prevent transforming a car into another model sold more expensive?

Be careful there! No, they are not the same engines, just the same blocks, but what is inside has nothing to do: different internal cooling pistons, material ...), reinforced crankshafts, different disture diagram, pressure and different type of turbo, completely revised cooling, etc ... and the transmission is obviously also different (ratios and sizing) ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/06/10, 12:16

For the box yes but for the "heavy" mechanical modifications, do you have a source? : Idea:

It will cost much less to electronically flange a motor (dimensioned for Pu max) than to make X motors on the same basis!

We know the constructors' policies ...

I could be wrong...
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 01/06/10, 13:54

Christophe wrote:For the box yes but for the "heavy" mechanical modifications, do you have a source? : Idea:

It will cost much less to electronically flange a motor (dimensioned for Pu max) than to make X motors on the same basis!

I could be wrong...

Given my job, I can say that you are seriously mistaken, even if in the case of the BMW 118 and 120 it is not entirely wrong (ditto on motorcycles for the ridiculous "national" limitation to 100hp), but it is a exception...
A "simple" piston (often made in Poland or another low-cost country) costs 2x less than an internally cooled piston (made in a high-tech country) ... between 2 engines built on the same block (in sometimes there are differences at the level of certain reinforcements of the block depending on the model) the "ex-factory" price can vary from single to double, see more ...
You can see an overview of the techniques used here: http://www.auto-innovations.com/site/do ... print.html
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 01/06/10, 14:08

Christophe wrote:Certainly everything is actually possible but in the case of a vehicle, you must already find an adaptable plug ...

It's not really a USB port I think ... well not yet : Mrgreen:

Then I think that the manufacturers still put the bolts (read only).
1 / For once, there is a GLOBAL standard, that of the OBD socket. 8) The net is full of plug suppliers, code readers and OBD fault erasers ...
I remind you that from now on your OBD vehicles are diagnosed during the control and subject to a cons visit in the event of a defect found ... (you can therefore understand the explosion in the offer on these materials).
For developers, there are even OBD kits to mount and community that develops open source applications. A distraction for hacking enthusiasts or fans of reverse engineering.

2 / All manufacturers use different and variable protocols depending on the vehicles within the same brand ...
My electric vehicles with an OBD bus operate according to an exclusive protocol.
Users are therefore forced, for basic maintenance to have a professional box or to use one of the 2 "alternative" boxes. freelance.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/06/10, 14:36

Green people, you burn oil and it excites you !!

On recent Renault like Scénic, with clutch, the parking brake is electric electronic without any manual cable lever !!
I do not know what happens in the event of a power cut at 130Km / h (dead battery suddenly like for my son), since the parking brake is fully loaded automatically at low speed (3km / h).
We cannot dose the parking brake, pan parking brake stop to the max or nothing !!
Horrific if any problem !!
If leak on foot brake, no more parking brake to save yourself !!
Interest in keeping a battery on top !!
Staying a month without driving is dangerous !!!
The electronics are designed to require maintenance at the dealer and more!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 01/06/10, 15:15

Christophe wrote:For the box yes but for the "heavy" mechanical modifications, do you have a source? : Idea:

I could be wrong...

+1 with oiseautempete ....
For example
Many smart people have tried to pass atmo blocks in turbo on the XUD pigeot, the J8S rinault and the 2.5citroen of the cx j5 ext ... They have tried..You've had problems : Mrgreen:

A lot of invisible things without disassembly are different ...
0 x