Calculations on the air motor of Mdi: figures finally!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/08, 13:35

RIAZ wrote:Of course my dear Christophe, wood pellet boilers don't work, it's well known, they get dirty all the time!

Rahhh !! I was talking about the KWB Stirling module exchanger and I'm just repeating what the boss of KWB Belgium told me!

https://www.econologie.com/module-stirli ... -3919.html

To be honest, he strongly believes that the kWB wood stirling cogenerator will never go out. Reasons mentioned: high investment price and delicate maintenance, resulting in a very risky return on investment. This is in particular linked to problems of fouling of the exchanger ... causing the module performance to drop (stirling).

I do not condemn the principle of Stirling, I condemn the unprofitability of what is currently offered to the public ...

ps: yes LeJuste but apparently that's not enough ... the SPM changer must be more "sensitive" ...
0 x
RIAZ
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by RIAZ » 28/10/08, 15:02

Come on, we make peace ...!

This KWB module may not be the easiest way. Adapting a module to an existing boiler introduces constraints that are probably greater than the advantages.
The STIRLING with 4 pistons is not necessarily the simplest config and more all that for 1 KW electric.

As soon as we talk about profitability we change domains. We leave that of the laws of physics with which these systems are first all categories combined, to go to the paths of politics, which are impenetrable!

If the current buy-back policy was consistent, this wood micro-cogeneration current, produced locally, with almost ZERO CO2, with almost 100% yield compared to primary energy, and, moreover, produced at peak times consumption, should be bought more expensive than photovoltaic current.
And there, to your calculators, I let you dream ....

That said, there is another economic dimension that should not be overlooked, although it is not as easy (if it is easier to put) in a spreadsheet as the notion of return on investment.

I am talking about the heritage value, the resale price of the house in 10 or 20 years.
Even houses that are 20 to 30 years old, even well built (for the time), will not pass into category A for energy efficiency, whatever the feasible efforts in the field of insulation.

Wood energy makes it possible to classify these houses directly in A for the CO2 criterion.
When we have stopped pantomimes with taxettes decided on the inspiration of the princes who govern us, and we will tax (make pay) CO2, this characteristic will have value ... literally.

To be continued ...
0 x
In terms of the future, it is not to foresee it, but to enable it (Antoine de Saint Exupery)
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/08, 15:19

Good developments ... nothing to add except the fact that, personally, we heat with wood and solar ... if that can reassure you on my opinion: I am far from being against heating with wood.

I have also started a dossier on the question: https://www.econologie.com/se-chauffer-a ... -3905.html

I think you will be ok with the different arguments ... if you want to complete?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 28/10/08, 16:35

Hello,

it causes stirling : Cheesy: . Still, I found the manufacturer of the KWB Stilring. It would be Stirling Powwer Module:
http://www.stirlingpowermodule.com/
The design 4 regenerators + 4 pistons in Burlat configuration is nice:
Ah, these Deutsch ... It's not in France that we'll see that :|
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/08, 16:37

Remundo wrote:Ah, these Deutsch ... It's not in France that we'll see that :|

Well if it is to end up in the boxes ... you know there is not much difference!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 28/10/08, 16:41

Ah well, by rummaging a little more, I found the mysterious patented transmission (patentiertes Getriebe)
http://www.stirlingpowermodule.com/
it looks like the "sinus mechanism", except that there are two at 90 °.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/08, 17:37

Very interesting but nothing more to do with mdi ... We have a specific subject for wood stirling: https://www.econologie.com/forums/moteurs-st ... t5703.html
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 29/10/08, 13:37

I just watched the report that you put online on MDI
https://www.econologie.com/voiture-a-air ... -3973.html

It is frightening to see that people have invested large sums without having checked the autonomy of the carts !!

and the homologation is still not done?
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/10/08, 13:49

Yes Maloche but as you can see in this report (which was already online https://www.econologie.com/la-voiture-a- ... -3965.html Paaaaas bien Maloche you are not subscribed to news from the site via RSS

Image ) investors know nothing about technique. This is Mdi's goodwill ... and Mdi admits it himself when he says "It's not smart, it's legal ..."

2) Personally I think that autonomy is a false problem and a false debate: it is enough to multiply the tanks to multiply the autonomy even if it costs more, it is not "difficult" ...

Is autonomy a criterion for choosing a thermal car more important than that of consumption? I do not believe... Besides, who knows the capacity of its tank? In my opinion few people!

The real problem is the overall balance of propulsion by compressed air ... and making an energy chain based on compressed air with an interesting yield is another matter!

Take a look at the burners which improve the range: already it is super complex but in addition it is no longer a 0 emission car so, even if it consumes 2L / h, maybe just a small hdi engine from 10 to 15 cv + braking recovery with compressed air would be more interesting, isn't it Mr. Guy Negre? In addition mounted in cogeneration this engine would heat the air ... short winner winner ...

ps: which approval? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 29/10/08, 14:19

Christophe wrote: (which was already online Paaaaas bien Maloche you are not subscribed to news from the site via RSS:

if I'm there, but I don't watch all the time :D

the guy in the pyrenees setting up 3800m² of factory does not have white hair? he bet can be on the hybrid engine after all.

funny also the reaction of the son at the end of the report on the report of the school of mines

While it would be enough just to take on board 2 journalists and measure the maximum distance traveled to stop the controversy ...

it strongly resembles voluntary omission : Cheesy:
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^