C in the air: the electric car, and fast!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 29/03/09, 12:25

Woodcutter wrote:
netshaman wrote:The 150 km at a euro was too good to be true.
Ben anyway, basically, it was not true ...
My current figures are as follows:
106 electric: 2.82 € / 100km or 195Wh / km
Scoot'élec: 0.91 € / 100km or 80Wh / km
My EDF subscription is 9kW at a single rate.
My vehicles are inefficient. The current "Chinese" scooters already consume 2 times less electricity for performance equivalent to my scooter.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 20/03/12, 08:58

3 years after the last message : Cheesy:
This morning I saw that VW will soon launch an electric GOLF. (car popular with many Europeans)
For me, this is a clear message, a changeover is really happening.
The price of petroleum products rises sharply, and on the other hand, the production of electric cars, or hybrids increases.
I find this promising.
I don't worry anymore about the hidden price to pay ...
Where will the recharging energy from electric cars come from ...
The batteries don't bother me too much, because there is change in the air (I'm talking about new "clean batteries")
Citro?
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/03/12, 09:15

Ah that is digging up!

A few days ago I saw a 1st advert for the renault Twizy, but I don't think they sell much in the Ardennes ...

Price: 6000 € (base if full option it goes up to 9000) + battery rental at 50 € / month I think ...

Otherwise here is the subject "of the moment" on electric cars https://www.econologie.com/forums/liste-et-p ... 10338.html
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 20/03/12, 09:58

: Arrowu: The price of oil is the best argument for the electric car, but even if the movement is underway, many obstacles stand in the way of the development of more virtuous transport ...
1 / Builders reluctantly move forward and do not do what we need but what brings them the most (vehicles too big, too heavy, too expensive and that maintain their rent, including battery rental contracts)
2 / The energy suppliers and the manufacturers lock the energy supply by limiting the power to 10A on a standard outlet for security reasons (I charge my cars in 16A, therefore faster), and offer household charge sockets to more than € 500 which will later allow the invoicing of a tax on electric vehicles.
3 / We still do not have enough perspective on the new batteries and the manufacturers offer us sufficient autonomy but much lower than those announced.
4 / Transport has to face a paradigm shift and a search for maximum efficiency. It is not the traditional manufacturers who will question themselves, they have too much inertia. The change will come from the politicians but the latter are too compromised and must then make decisions that would harm tax revenues ...

However our roads are too congested by too big vehicles which consume while they run at 35 km / h on average and carry 1 to 2 passengers ...

By the way, have you heard of ecology in this electoral campaign when car pollution is responsible for 40.000 deaths per year ...

For my part, 85.000 km covered by electricity for 3 years. As long as it lasts. I have batteries that are more than 12 years old and motors that wear out, but what a pleasure, I can not imagine without it, nor my wife.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 20/03/12, 10:07

Thank you Citro :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/03/12, 14:40

The price of energy paid for at its fair price will mean that fewer and fewer vehicles will be seen on the roads.

Electric or thermal is quite simply a species which will decline in the coming decades ...

Well I made 85 meters in mine ... pulled by my tractor with the fries ... It is true that it is silent : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 20/03/12, 15:03

Macro wrote:The price of energy paid for at its fair price will mean that fewer and fewer vehicles will be seen on the roads.

Electric or thermal is quite simply a species which will decline in the coming decades ...
The builders, the oil companies and the states will make this decline as slow as possible. The automobile is a cash cow.
It is possible to produce the energy consumed by an electric car yourself (photovoltaic roof, small wind turbine ...), it is much less obvious for a thermal car which consumes 3 times more energy ...
My photovoltaic roof (25m²) produces enough to cover 15.000km annually. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/03/12, 15:21

citro wrote:It is possible to produce the energy consumed by an electric car yourself (photovoltaic roof, small wind turbine, etc.),
My photovoltaic roof (25m²) produces enough to cover 15.000km annually. : Mrgreen:

And you also know that 25m² of photovoltaic and an auto electric ... This is not a generalizable technology ..... One for the financial investment that this represents between 18000 and 25000 € of photovoltaic and 20 € from battery case.
€ 40 investment to renew every 000 years ... the bancksters have a bright future ahead of them

And then everyone will not be able to have their 25m² of roof (the T2 of a couple without kids in collective housing is barely ca on the surface)

Anyway ... the electric automobile will be what thermal should always have been: an exceptional tool intended for privileged uses ...
Last edited by Macro the 20 / 03 / 12, 15: 25, 1 edited once.
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/03/12, 15:25

Macro, it's not because there are idiots that everyone is!

Translation: just because you can't apply it everywhere, doesn't mean you shouldn't apply it where possible!

Then everyone is free to do what they want with their money right?

Some people buy ULMs at 100 € ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/03/12, 15:39

Everyone does what they want with their money when they have it ... But the average salary of a worker employed French today does not allow him such an investment (especially that in addition he must put the cabin and the garage which goes below the panels) and again we are in the rich part of the planet ...

I could blister a second-hand nickel cadmium pack under my berlingo it would make me a VE at 4500 € Compared to the same in diesel it will take me 80 000km to amortize it if I add 25m² of solar panels on my cabin (which would not be useful to me because during the day the car is 26km from said house) I pass 400km to that being optimistic it will be necessary that I probably add another set of batteries ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

And well ...
0 x