C-Cactus: economic Hdi hybrid Citroen

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

C-Cactus: economic Hdi hybrid Citroen

by Christophe » 03/09/07, 17:08

It sounds too good to be true ... the "IF" does not inspire me much confidence ...
Source: More info and technical characteristics of the C-Cactus

In line with the Citroën C3 GNV, we've been waiting for it for a very long time, here is the first Hdi hybrid presented publicly by a French manufacturer: Citroën.
The selling price should remain reasonable but a worrying uncertainty: the marketing remains hypothetical.

The C-Cactus was first world premiered at the 2007 Frankfurt Motor Show.

Citroën has developed a concept of small sedan (4,2 meters long for 1,8 wide meter) equipped with a hybrid HDi drivetrain at the price of an entry-level C4.

Its hybrid diesel engine combines a diesel engine HDi 70 ch DIN (equipped with a particulate filter FAP) and an electric motor providing additional power 30 ch DIN. It displays a consumption of 3,4 l / 100 km and a CO2 emission level of 78 g / km. Exceptional performance for a vehicle in its class.

In addition, C-Cactus uses a high proportion of recycled or recyclable materials.

Citroën announces that if (so its marketing remains hypothetical) the start of production was to be done, it would not cost more than a mid-range family sedan. This is explained by a choice of new materials and a rationalization of its design that has reduced the number of parts used, in short a return to sobriety (apparent at least)? Just over 200 parts make up the cockpit of the C-Cactus, nearly half the size of a traditional sedan of the same size.

Despite its sobriety, many equipment such as automatic air conditioning and a high-end audio system very energy efficient are integrated (see below) ...

The return to the economical car? We hope so ... if Citroën decides to market it one day ...

Found and more photos on: Econologique.info
Last edited by Christophe the 04 / 09 / 07, 10: 46, 2 edited once.
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 03/09/07, 17:55

Hello,

About hybrid series, if the engine is always used at optimal speed we can assume that its depollution poses fewer problems?

If this is the case, we can hope that the tightening of emission standards will make such an option profitable.
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 03/09/07, 22:36

Hmm, interesting!
However what about transmission?
For the HDI engine to be used at its optimal speed in all situations, it would require a CVT (Constant Variation Transmission) but I doubt there is one.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/09/07, 11:01

A news: https://www.econologie.com/citroen-c-cac ... -3458.html

Petrus, I'm trying to find the complete press kit ... but without guarantee ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/09/07, 11:42

Found the press kit, here it is:
https://www.econologie.com/presentation- ... -3460.html

Not much in terms of pure technology more ...
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 04/09/07, 14:55

I find it very nice from an aesthetic point of view. At Citroën, they played the adventurer, raised, 4x4 or crossover (say recreational vehicle) look, very bright, with large rims to give a damn good ... to others.
It is quite targeted, to compete with the German, English and Japanese. But not yet classy enough for Neuilly ....
On the GO consumption side, it does better than the smallest C1 of the Citroëns (3,4 l / 100km at 90km / h and 4,1 l / 100km in mixed) while the latter is smaller (3,43 m) and lighter? (890 kg empty - 1245 kg total weight loaded). CO2 production: 109 g / km and 78 for the cactus.
So if Citroën can take market share at the Prius and steer the sores in the right direction .... :D
Long live our French manufacturers ...
0 x
Louhac
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Louhac » 05/09/07, 13:55

It seems to me that this is not the first HDi hybrid presented by a manufacturer, indeed the same group (PSA) has already presented the 308 HDi, in fact a strong promotion on the Peugeot site and it is very likely that it is actually marketed.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/07, 14:09

Louhac wrote:It seems to me that this is not the first HDi hybrid presented by a manufacturer, indeed the same group (PSA) has already presented the 308 HDi, in fact a strong promotion on the Peugeot site and it is very likely that it is actually marketed.

Ah yes you are right and it dates from April 2007:

http://www.econologique.info/index.php/ ... rnaturecom

But the fact is, it was an adaptation of an existing vehicle. This in contrast to the Cactus which could become the Prius in better French ... Hoping that it comes out it is still hypothetical :(

ps: bham at the look level it looks a lot like the new Mini (more if mini) right?
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 05/09/07, 15:49

Christophe wrote: ps: bham at the look level it looks a lot like the new Mini (more if mini) right?

Yes indeed, there's something of the mini, but raised I think.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/07, 16:21

Mmmm it is discussed :)

On this doc: https://www.econologie.com/presentation- ... -3460.html

Height: 1490 mm

2) For the new Mini (not so mini in height finally):

DIMENSIONS AND CAPACITY
Length 371 cm
Width 168 cm
Height 141 cm

http://www.motorlegend.com/fiche-techni ... -/861.html

3) For our Twingo 1:

Unladen height: 1423 mm

http://www.twingo.net/nicolas/communique7ft.pdf

So it's in a pocket handkerchief even if 6 cm is a lot of SCx more ...
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."