Buying an Econological car

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
scavenger
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by scavenger » 15/09/05, 19:19

uh i'm late, but what am i reading ??

we can put 50/50 oil and diesel in the tank of a TDI ??? : Blink:

That is true ?? : Blink:

but what kind of oil? in addition to the first price motor oil is not so much cheaper than diesel!
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 15/09/05, 19:34

We must already start by banning diesel .... unless it is equipped with a particle filter (FAP).

This fuel is a big junk, especially in cities. It hurts my heart to see all these cars that spit all their m ...., and yet there is a pack of DCI and other cars brand new in the lot, it's disgusting!

So if diesel, then with FAP, otherwise there is LPG which is much more pleasant, especially to breathe in the city.

For the past few months it has been hot, and refusing to use the air conditioning, I have been rolling the windows open, but how often do I have to close them and put the ventilation system in recycling mode because an oil ruins me? nostrils and health? It becomes unbearable, and the worst is by bike: angry:

PS: don't be mistaken about the oil either: we can never run all vehicles with it.
0 x
skyfish
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by skyfish » 23/09/05, 09:47

Hi everybody,
well mine I find it very eco-friendly (I don't know anymore): Zafira 2.0l 100CV that's enough and I put it:
my wife and 2 boys and everything you need for the weekend
for now 30% oil and 70% go, I now start to filter used frying oil
which means that I consume for the moment: 6l / 100km, pure go or if mixing more than 4l / 100km go and 2 hvb, hoping soon to switch to more oil and - go, but not safe with winter.
otherwise remains the esterification to fluidize all this.
good road
0 x
DMA
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by DMA » 23/09/05, 15:05

Hello everyone,

I drive in C3 1.6 16v and LPG, I do a lot of driving for lack of a credible alternative (the TPE would take me 40-45 'per trip more).

For the greenhouse effect, LPG is roughly equivalent to diesel.
For the rest it is better.

I don't understand this fight against air conditioning. Before long the refrigerant gas will be non-polluting.
And for overconsumption, it is much less than an open window! (from simple to double). I have a maximum of 0.1 l / 100 km of surconso if I use the air conditioning.
And personally it is more than a comfort: it allows to roll the closed windows and to protect me from pollen (allergy => asthma).
By cons in the city the air conditioning is almost useless and generates a significant overconsumption.

Tomorrow it will be LPG or CNG or hybrid if it exists on small cars.
0 x
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 23/09/05, 19:57

DMA wrote:And for overconsumption, it is much less than an open window! (from simple to double).

I agree 100%.

Apart from the pb of gas, we get out all the time "it consumes more lalala" but we never compare with reality: qd it's hot, no air conditioning, we roll with the windows wide open.
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Adrien » 23/09/05, 21:02

I think it is more interesting to take the opportunity because there is no more pollution from the construction and if the car is no longer used it will be scrapped and will pollute for destruction. Especially that an old car does not consume more than a recent one as said before.

When it is hot I close the windows and open the air vents on the front, I do not consume more and it is good inside.
0 x
"A man who knows how to make himself happy with a simple illusion is infinitely smarter than one who is in despair with reality." Alphonse Allais
DMA
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by DMA » 23/09/05, 21:25

Adrian wrote:Especially that an old car does not consume more than a recent one as said before.

It is case by case: my ZX 1.8 16v consumed 1.5l / 100 km more than my current C3: same power and same weight (and less aerodynamics).
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 23/09/05, 21:34

Skoda Félicia GLXi 1,3L 68CV, 210.000 km from 1995, catalyzed:

Last consumption of SP98: 6,24L / 100km.

I just switched to SP95 and I'm going to see its consumption.

If it stays below 6,5L / 100km, I put acetone.

And after the turbulator (I have to build it) ...

And after who knows, the pantone ...

As at the last technical inspection (September 2004) the only annotation was 'fixing registration plate defective' (1 rivet was missing), it's worth it to last a long time.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 23/09/05, 21:35

Hello
DMA excuse me but you use a latest generation vehicle, find out what your catalizer comes out, what cost the production of your vehicle in energy on the damage of your latest generation air conditioning gases, on the extraction of LPG etc.

Safeguarding the earth is a global problem: you can pollute a little less or you drive; but you have polluted a lot in others.

if you don't want to pollute, start by picking up a scrapped vehicle and repair it (much cheaper than a new one).

Optimize it, pantone + hvb for example; but there is another solution.

I know my system is not very good for bissness, but it allows any vehicle to run 300000 to 700000 km, which avoids producing new ones (a "normal" car consumes as much energy during its production, only during use).
@+
zac
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Forumecolo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Forumecolo » 15/12/05, 14:38

Hello everybody
On the occasion of the government's 'Climate Rendez-Vous', WWF-France and the consumer defense association CLCV are launching their Topten of the most ecological cars ...
I'm not sure what it's worth, but it is true that it is also interesting for a consumer who is not ready to retype a car with pantone or HVB, to know which new vehicle pollutes the least to guide its choice ... it's a lesser evil than buying a big 4X4 ...

This classification uncompromisingly presents, in 6 vehicle classes (from small city cars to minivans), the least polluting models and the least emitters of greenhouse gases on the market.

The Topten buying guide, launched a year ago with the classification of energy efficient refrigerators and freezers, responds to the awareness of the French of the importance of changing consumption habits to respect the planet. 4 out of 5 French people say they are ready to buy a less polluting and more energy efficient car for example.
Topten also offers very useful recommendations and information, such as the full cost of the devices, including the energy or fuel bill over their lifespan. In short, all the data necessary for consumers to realize the economic and ecological interest of saving energy.

The Topten site, the fruit of an unprecedented collaboration between consumer and environmental protection organizations, is very timely at a time when the price of oil is soaring, straining household budgets, and where the impact The negative impact of road transport is no longer to be demonstrated, '' explains Dorothée Quickert-Menzel of CLCV.

In terms of global warming, the transportation sector is not a good student. Certainly, the government will introduce a CO2 label for cars, but our guide goes further to involve consumers and encourage manufacturers to do better, '' added Edouard Toulouse, in charge of climate change at WWF-France.

Other categories of products will be gradually added to Topten, to make it an essential reference in terms of '' consumption ''.

TOPTEN RANKING

@ soon

: Wink:
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."