BMW Turbosteamer

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/06, 12:55

Yes Lau ... I also heard that .... and it seemed very strange to me, namely:
1) that the specifications did not specify a rigorous decontamination
2) that the bacteria have resisted the interstellar vacuum (unless the satelite had, for some reason X or Y, a part "under air pressure" which opened on March ... Finally when we see the capacities of survival of the tartigrade which calls into question all the models of biological survival, nothing could surprise me in this area ...
3) they resist Martian conditions

In any case, it is undoubtedly the very first pollution of extra planetary man ... On the other hand bacteria (well selected) are also a way (probably the best) of terraformation of Mars. .

ps: we are HS the ... so ... either we stop or we create a new subject on it.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 09/01/06, 15:53

econology wrote:[...] 10 years for the setting in series it is largely exaggerated (especially that 10 years ago it is what one said for the PAC ... 10 years it is the complete black for a company) ... and 15% of consumption in less than one shot is also good "too much" ... but I trust them to increase the power to compensate for this "capital weakness"

Oil tankers and their accomplices are definitely the strongest for a while ...

I don't understand why you see that with such a dark eye?

For example, the difference between the n-1 generation and the n generation of the 6-liter BMW 3,0-cylinder petrol engines resulted in a (normalized) consumption gain of 15%, as well as a power gain of 27hp. ... Why would they put it on the market if their goals were as twisted as that?
In my opinion, a manufacturer whose reputation is that of "Best engine manufacturer in the world" is not "accomplice" of an oil tanker ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/06, 16:28

Woodcutter wrote:In my opinion, a manufacturer whose reputation is that of "Best engine manufacturer in the world" is not "accomplice" of an oil tanker ...

No doubt less than the French you are right ... Germany does not have a large national oil company, this is not to say that a large part of the income of the German state comes from fuel taxes .

Does anyone know how many% of the German manufacturers are "public"?

For info, in France it is: PSA 30%, Renault 51%.

My opinion on the question:

If the manufacturers really wanted to lower the consumption they would do it ... but they have "orders from above" and everything is done to consume oil (after all the more a country consumes oil the more it has a boosted GDP, right? )

Look at the ECO2000 (preproto of the Ax), in 1983 it was 3L / 100 that it consumed, the Ax diesel consumed 4L until the arrival of the cata pots (stanza?) : Lol:

If that doesn't convince you, then ask yourself the question why the air conditioning is compressor and not absorption (since we know how to make cold with hot for decades) ... the answer is simplistic: everything (in it occur an atmospheric comfort) must be paid in our world .... it is not possible to conceive that an addition is "free" ... and that is why the air conditioning pack is 1 € ... A bit like laptops ... forcing consumption ...

This is also valid for the maintenance of air conditioning since the absorption air conditioning, without moving parts, are much simpler and therefore durable than that with compressor ...

But obviously the manufacturers will respond: this choice was made for a better response time and may be the range of use ... blablabla .... But perhaps it is the choice of gas ... may be more expensive or dangerous in the case of an absorption air conditioning. Although I doubt it since the compressor air conditioning gases are already dangerous (obviously in the event of an accident everything goes into the air ... but hey ... it's a "detail") .... There is refrigerators in the "room"?
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 09/01/06, 17:07

econology wrote:If that doesn't convince you, then ask yourself the question why the air conditioning is compressor and not absorption (since we know how to make cold with hot for decades) ... the answer is simplistic: everything (in it occur an atmospheric comfort) must be paid in our world .... it is not possible to conceive that an addition is "free" ... and that is why the air conditioning pack is 1 € ... A bit like laptops ... forcing consumption ...

Yes, I fully join you.

I've always wondered since my grandfather showed me the principle of the absorption refrigerator. It also arises elsewhere!

But it's actually too simple, so it does not bring pepettes.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/06, 17:17

nlc wrote:But it's actually too simple, so it does not bring pepettes.

Yes but it is also possible that there is a patent problem.
Indeed, I believe that the principle of absorption air conditioning has been registered in the 1st patent by camping gaz.

It is possible (but not certain) that this patent is still valid (a patent can be valid for 2 * 20 years), thus preventing its use by manufacturers ... while the principle of the compressor fridge group is in the public domain for a while ... even if new patents have been applied to improvements in thermo or gas cycles ....
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 10/01/06, 06:44

Hello

Absorption air conditioning (the one we use for refrigerators in remote corner chalets in the north) we use the heat produced by propane, but gas is ammonia, and that poses a problem when there is a leak, it is rather compressed to repair, there is no one who wants to weld on these refrigerators. I saw one hiding in a cage made of armored steel plates to repair these systems, apparently it blows up like a bomb ... Even purged with nitrogen.

Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/01/06, 09:03

Ben André, I would like to believe you, but when we read this page: http://www.gazdefrance.com/public/page. ... ticle=2830

I quote :

"The 2 main refrigerant / absorbent couples used are the water / lithium bromide and ammonia / water couples.

(...)

By their very principle, absorption air conditioning units have few moving parts, resulting in limited levels of acoustic and vibration emissions, which strengthens their reliability and longevity.

These devices are very similar to boilers equipped with supply air burners, and are governed by the same regulations. It is possible to install them in the same technical room.

Absorption air conditioning is respectful of the environment because it does not use any refrigerant prohibited or threatened with prohibition (CFC or HCFC), and takes advantage of the qualities of natural gas: cleanliness, flexibility and low operating costs.

(..)

The range of installation powers from 17 to 100 kW cold and from 35kW hot (therefore more than enough to obtain a correct fridge power, namely 1 to 3 kW, drawn from the losses of an engine) "

There seem to be only benefits .... right?
0 x
Other

by Other » 10/01/06, 16:02

Hello,
I'm not saying it's not good, it's simple and it works long enough, it just consumes a small flame of propane gas burner, by security often the refrigerator stays outside and the weather eventually corrodes it, or a bear black smells like meat and shingles or a layer on the ground. sometimes it breaks the condenser ..

Currently, there must be more efficient systems than those I know, what I saw in the chalets in the north or the lumber camps, far from any civilization it is refrigerators to preserve food that made 1 or 2 cubic meters of capacity and it is an old technology, over time the part or the propane burner heats up but ends up leaking and it is no longer repairable because nobody wants to touch that they are afraid blue, I can not explain it to you, the only one who fixes that, it looks like a minesweeper at work?
maybe who put it a little?
Because buying these new refrigerators costs a lot more than those with a compressor and yet it is very simple, there is almost nothing in this assembly. maybe the lack of big series? However, it is very common here for chalets (when there is no more road there is more electricity)

Andre
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 13/01/06, 17:45

Econology wrote:[..] For info, in France it is: PSA 30%, Renault 51% [...]
This is also bullshit, Renault is no longer the "RNUR" (or the Régie as we said before) for a very long time (1986 I believe) and the State's participation was 44,22% in 2002, before the acquisition of cross-ownership with Nissan.
It is now 15,65%.

As for PSA, the State is not a shareholder ...

Regarding the air conditioning, André gave technical elements but for my part, I find it quite curious the kind of "international plot" that you imply in your words Christophe ...
I find it a shame, on the part of someone who is surely intelligent and cultivated, to fall into these so easy faults instead of just asking questions and leading debates ...

In a logic of competition like that of the automobile market, your arguments do not hold: such a system, if it were really simple and cheap for performances and a level of safety similar to others, would necessarily have success.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 14/01/06, 01:12

It is true that a system that can participate in the air conditioning of a vehicle by taking heat, rather than mechanical power would be more interesting from the point of view of energy balance.

[Off topic, I invite you to use "I do not agree with you for such or such reason" rather than to regularly use the discourteous term of "bullshit" at the beginning of sentence.]

However, it should be easier for a manufacturer to insert a compressor thanks to a pulley and a belt and a cooling radiator in the engine compartment, than an exchanger to recover calories from the exhaust (guard problems on the ground maybe there too).
0 x