Prohibit heat engines <50cc

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Prohibit heat engines <50cc

by Arthur_64 » 22/12/07, 10:32

Given the nuisance caused by scooters and other mobilettes (noise, pollution, jailbreak ...), I do not understand why the State does not simply prohibit the sale of this type of gear with thermal engines to sell to the place electric scooters: an electric motor is more than enough to go to 50km / h max, and it will be difficult to tamper with the exhaust to make more noise.

That said, given the number of scooters and mobilities trafficked and therefore outside the norm that we let circulate, it is not their concern obviously.

It's more fun to immobilize vehicles modified to run clean!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/12/07, 11:25

2-stroke engines> 80 cm3 have already been banned since 2003 or 2004.

For the 50 cc, the additional cost of a 4 stroke of the same performance is undoubtedly a brake (a 4 stroke of 50 cm3 not "studied" is a worth).

Otherwise there have indeed been projects for 10 years 2-stroke direct injection which would greatly improve emissions and consumption, but apparently manufacturers remain cautious to market them:

https://www.econologie.com/les-moteurs-2 ... s-717.html

There are also a lot of "gardening" engines that are concerned ...
0 x
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 22/12/07, 11:47

I was talking mainly about electric motors, the silence of which would be a blessing in the city in comparison with the various backfires, in addition to the reduction in C02 emissions
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 22/12/07, 12:06

I agree with you Arthur!

When I hear passing these devices which make a firecracker of all the devils so as not to advance, I want to shoot in it. : Evil:
Finally, in the mob 'not in the driver (though ...). :frown:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Flytox

Re: Ban thermal engines <50cc

by Flytox » 22/12/07, 13:30

Hello Arthur_64
Arthur_64 wrote:Given the nuisance caused by scooters and other mobilettes (noise, pollution, jailbreak ...), I do not understand why the State does not simply prohibit the sale of this type of gear with thermal engines to sell to the place electric scooters: an electric motor is more than enough to go to 50km / h max, and it will be difficult to tamper with the exhaust to make more noise.

That said, given the number of scooters and mobilities trafficked and therefore outside the norm that we let circulate, it is not their concern obviously.

It is a little easy to recommend the prohibition of thermal cycling .... (a bit exaggerated anyway ...) We should rather encourage manufacturers to make it really difficult to hack pots, or lead the essential organs. Perhaps there will also be the incentive method to scrap the old disastrously polluting cyclos for the purchase of a pneumatic direct injection cylo.

Chai not where you live, but here in the corner, that is completely lost young people who traffic their cyclo by making a racket of hell. History of fashion or repression of the constabulary passed by there. : Mrgreen:

christophe wrote:2-stroke engines> 80 cm3 have already been banned since 2003 or 2004.

Where did you see this?

christophe wrote:Otherwise there have been, for 10 years, direct 2-stroke injection projects that would greatly improve emissions and consumption, but apparently the manufacturers are cautious to market them:

https://www.econologie.com/les-moteurs-2 ... s-717.html

Indeed it takes slowly, we still come back to the non-existent incentive for these vehicles which are not given anyway ...

christophe wrote:There are also a lot of "gardening" engines that are concerned ...

http://www.infobruit.org/FR/info/Reglem ... 5/01040201

Mowers, chainsaws etc ... are not among the most discreet. In any case, the golden palm of nuisance returns
to this kind of vacuum blower device when it is used by municipalities to clean the street, sidewalks etc ...

It is a 2-stroke with very noisy carburetor, who are thirsty, who smoke, and especially in blowing use they raise all the traffic dust encrusted in the tar. Whoever uses it does not even have a mask when he must pick up 100 times the dose of a trucker from the point of view of particles ..... this kind of practice should be absolutely prohibited !!! : Shock: : Evil:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 22/12/07, 14:01

Christophe wrote:For the 50 cc, the additional cost of a 4 stroke of the same performance is undoubtedly a brake (a 4 stroke of 50 cm3 not "studied" is a worth).

Otherwise there have indeed been projects for 10 years 2-stroke direct injection which would greatly improve emissions and consumption, but apparently manufacturers remain cautious to market them:

Indeed, to draw the same power from a 4 stroke must be made to rotate much faster ...
If not with regard to the "reluctance of manufacturers", it is rather the reluctance of the buyers' which we must talk about, because the major European and Japanese manufacturers all have direct injections on their 2-stroke scooters, low-priced chinetoque scooters and minimotos sold in supermarkets, however ...
must say that a well designed 2 stroke injected is very difficult to hack (but to make more noise no problem, just turn the baffles or drill holes ...)
When electric: sorry but it is expensive, it paddles, it has little autonomy, it is heavy, it is not necessarily obvious for recharging (must have a personal plug available) and we don't talk about the puzzle of recycling batteries ...
0 x
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 22/12/07, 14:08

Well seen your answers.

Provisional conclusion: the ideal solution remains direct injection, leaving it to the constabulary to immobilize noisy hackers' vehicles.

@ Flytox:
I am in Pau, which is much dirtier than the BAB (where I believe you live) and where the police are much more lax.

+1 for leaf vacuum cleaners, they wake me up regularly at 06:00 am ... And the user makes a fix for exhaust gases.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/12/07, 18:10

Blowers are machines that shouldn't even exist !! : Evil:

Wind with oil to move the leaves and wait for the natural wind to bring them back ... well done designers' reasoning ... A vacuum cleaner is even worse ...

Flytox wrote:Where did you see this?

Dear more ... everywhere ... :D All bikers are aware ...

This is why all the new 125 are now in 4tps (see the CBR 125 for example).

The only exceptions (to my knowledge): enduro, trial and cross but prohibited on the road of course!
0 x
agukha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by agukha » 22/12/07, 18:42

Christophe wrote:2-stroke engines> 80 cm3 have already been banned since 2003 or 2004.

Flytox wrote:Where did you see this?

Dear more ... everywhere ... :D All bikers are aware ...

This is why all the new 125 are now in 4tps (see the CBR 125 for example).

The only exceptions (to my knowledge): enduro, trial and cross but prohibited on the road of course!

I don't know where you saw that, but it's not true, we always sell 2-stroke motorcycles over 80cm3.
Then, the enduros have the right to ride on the road, they are approved, they are simply more sporty "trails".
(the motocross them on the other hand do not have the right, and for the trials, I know less well, at the base it is not approved in general but some are it nevertheless)
And finally, contrary to popular belief, in the paths, a 4 stroke is much noisier than a 2 stroke (I too thought the opposite until I saw for myself! :) )
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/12/07, 18:46

Well if it's bullshit, find me a motorcycle catalog of 80 or 125 cm3 new in 2tps ... I could be wrong but frankly would be surprised ...
Last edited by Christophe the 22 / 12 / 07, 18: 46, 1 edited once.
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."