Auto-bio: a journal dedicated to the bio logical vehicle?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 23/01/07, 04:45

Regarding Autobio, I bought it to get an idea, and unfortunately, we can not say that it starts very well, given what we find in the editorial:
[...]On the one hand, it is not scientifically established that human activities are solely responsible for climate change. [...]
: Shock: :frown:
Even if this is partly true (we do not know enough about the climate and its variations to establish a formal relationship of type a + b = c), it looks far too much, for my taste, as a way to clear the automobile to be able to defend it, because it seems to me that it is, ultimately, the main purpose of this duck ...

In my opinion, the editor could have got out of it in a less ugly way by simply recalling that the automobile was not (and by far) the only contributor to this change, and that it could evolve to participate even less ...

But no ! There he chooses to start the editorial of his N ° 1 by sowing doubt among his readers ... It does not encourage me to continue reading, but I would do it anyway to have a reasoned opinion on this magazine.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 23/01/07, 07:29

Woodcutter wrote:Regarding Autobio, I bought it to get an idea, and unfortunately, we can not say that it starts very well, given what we find in the editorial:
[...]On the one hand, it is not scientifically established that human activities are solely responsible for climate change. [...]
: Shock: :frown:
Even if this is partly true (we do not know enough about the climate and its variations to establish a formal relationship of type a + b = c), it looks far too much, for my taste, as a way to clear the automobile to be able to defend it, because it seems to me that it is, ultimately, the main purpose of this duck ...

In my opinion, the editor could have got out of it in a less ugly way by simply recalling that the automobile was not (and by far) the only contributor to this change, and that it could evolve to participate even less ...

But no ! There he chooses to start the editorial of his N ° 1 by sowing doubt among his readers ... It does not encourage me to continue reading, but I would do it anyway to have a reasoned opinion on this magazine.

even stronger !: "a hummer pollutes less than a prius, if we look at the costs of production, recycling ......" : Shock: seen at the end of "turbo" (I believe) the worst it may be true :x for the time being.
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
vttdechaine
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vttdechaine » 23/01/07, 09:27

denis wrote:even stronger !: "a hummer pollutes less than a prius, if we look at the costs of production, recycling ......" : Shock: seen at the end of "turbo" (I believe) the worst it may be true :x for the time being.

This is obvious if we take the whole life of the product into account.
It's a bit like in real estate construction: making a wooden frame is good, but if the wood in question comes from the other side of the planet the ecological "cost" is different.

You can think of it the same way with cars.
Do I have to change my "old" car for a new one knowing that the new one pollutes less but consumes more?
- You have to recycle the old one (waste)
- We have to make the new (energy)
- It is necessary to supply the whole chain to provide more fuel to the new (energy + resources).

In the end I am not sure that a new car pollutes less than an older car.
I think what we saw on Turbo follows the same logic.
0 x
Marty
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 23/01/07, 15:51

a very interesting post.
http://www.autobio.eu/forum/viewsujet.php?p=297#297
pffffff.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 23/01/07, 16:29

antoinet111 wrote:a very interesting post.
http://www.autobio.eu/forum/viewsujet.php?p=297#297
pffffff.

Ehhhh yes, antoinet, you know the proverb: "when you want to kill your dog, you say he has rabies" ...

pffffff again.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
vttdechaine
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vttdechaine » 24/01/07, 12:33

It reminds me of the radio incentives when the population realized that we could drive with oil:
"You must not do it! It can block your engine! "

re-re-pffffff

About the editor-in-chief Jean-Luc Moreau

http://www.rmcinfo.fr/index.php?id=jeanlucmoreau

A car enthusiast but not necessarily ecology (if not sometimes a touch or two in his show on RMC with once something on the Pantone).
0 x
Marty
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 24/01/07, 13:57

c well i don't feel too lonely.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.

Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 25/01/07, 01:37

I had already announced the release of press release on one of the posts devoted to Villeneuve-sur-Lot...

Regarding this link to forum Autobio and the answers of this Mr. Audouin, go read them, you will see that he is a little monomaniac ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 25/01/07, 01:40

Regarding Autobio, I thought it would be fun (and quite in the duck field) if JL Moreau from Autobio went to interview JL Moreau who makes hydrogen ... : Lol:
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."