Mounting 2 4 tires Seasons Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons G2 with 2 summer tires?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Mounting 2 4 tires Seasons Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons G2 with 2 summer tires?

by Christophe » 19/10/17, 12:55

Everything is in the title: does anyone know if it is ok to mount 2 4 tires on the tractive (or propulsive) axle and leave 2 tires (or winter) at the rear (or front)?

Apparently the 4 seasons are starting to be good quality.It is mediocre in the 2 seasons but it's better than bad and dangerous : Mrgreen: so I want to install (especially since I do not have a double set of wheels ...)

Regarding the model after some research, the tire Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons G2 seems the best quality / price ratio of the market currently (in France or Belgium at least ...): https://www.123pneus.be/cgi-bin/rshop.p ... p=R-282199
0 x
Christophe

Re: Mounting 2 4 Tires Seasons Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons G2 With 2 Tires Summer?

by Christophe » 20/10/17, 11:03

Nobody has any opinion?
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Mounting 2 4 Tires Seasons Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons G2 With 2 Tires Summer?

by dede2002 » 20/10/17, 12:17

Hello,

In my opinion it is not a problem for a traction, in Switzerland is common, but on a propulsion not because we need the steering and brakes before priority.

We must be wary of insurance, because even if the winter tires are not mandatory, in case of an accident on the snow they can turn around saying that the tires were not suitable ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/10/17, 13:14

Well I thought that winter tires were mandatory in Belgium I just saw that I was wrong:
https://www.touring.be/fr/articles/regl ... n-belgique

Winter tires

Winter tires are never mandatory. They are allowed throughout the year provided that the speed rating of these tires is not inferior to that of ordinary tires (that is, tires specified by the manufacturer). If the winter tires have a lower speed rating, they are only permitted from the October 1er to the 30 April and a sticker displaying this lower maximum speed must be affixed in the car, in a prominent place of the driver.

When using winter tires, it is advisable to equip all wheels, although this is not mandatory

If it is not mandatory the insurance can not say anything so ... If?

My 2 rear tires can still 30 40 000 km ... so if I can keep them safe and legal I would prefer to do it ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/10/17, 17:47

What to tell you ... From the tire I ride a little can (about fifty per year) ... If you're not in a snowy area ... and you're not a very big Wheeler ... The all-season tire does it very well except that it's quite noisy (for michelins cross season in any case) but what I recommend to my customers can roll (10000 km / year) is the uniroyal rain expert ... none was disappointed they do not make millions of km ... but on the wet road it is a execelent tire ... and for my little riders they died before to become deformed or to have become hard as a dog ... If you have snow ..... alpine..Attention after 3 winters they lose in effectiveness (they harden) ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/10/17, 13:51

OK Macro!

Finally after a few more searches, the Goodyear Vector 4 G2 Seasons is not the best 4 seasons currently, Nokian Weatherproof does better:
http://www.pneumatique-lesite.fr/produi ... atherproof

... and it's cheaper at the list price ...

I think I just found a good site to compare its tires based on "mining" European reviews: http://www.pneu-test.com

Reviews on 4 seasons tires take into account ... 500 Millions of kilometers traveled ... well what! : Cheesy:

http://www.pneu-test.com/pneus_tout_temps/index.html

Number of tests currently available ::
Kilometers traveled ::
468.873.990 km

In summer tires it is, hula, more than 3 billion km ...: http://www.pneu-test.com/pneus_d_ete/index.html

Number of tests currently available ::
Kilometers traveled ::
3.283.446.546 km

This allows so I think to have interesting opinions before choosing a tire ...

It is just a pity that there is no more precise average of the actual life of the tire (the question below does not give the life of the tire but the moment the driver answered the questionnaire ... I thought)

How many kms did you drive with these tires?

After the service life also depends a lot on the behavior of the driver so ... it may be that way ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/10/17, 20:49

I took the Nokian finally ... I'll tell you how they perform.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/12/17, 16:12

I am very pleasantly surprised by the Nokian Weatherproof performance on the snow!

It has been snowing for several days (with periods of melting) and I have never lost grip.

I tested them (reasonably) in acceleration and braking (on a straight line at moderate speed) and I still have 2 old summer tires in the back (continental sportcontact). Once the ABS has tripped (well packed snow).

In short, it holds the road better with these 2 Nokia Weatherproof at the front than with 4 Bridgestones on my old BM 118d ... a propulsion, a real shit on the snow ... and for the record, with the BM, one day I didn't even manage to back up to get out of my house, I got stuck in the "gutter" ... yes yes ... shame ... : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Nokian_waterproof_2.jpg
Nokian_waterproof_2.jpg (389.72 KIO) Viewed 23065 times

Nokian_waterproof.jpg
Nokian_waterproof.jpg (358.24 Kio) Viewed 23065 times

As for the performance in the summer, we'll have to wait a bit, but if you're looking for 4 season tires that go well in winter, you can take the nokian without worries!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/06/19, 23:15

2 winter, 1 summer and 3 or 4 heat waves and 25 000 km later, my Weatherproof are already dead.

I have a serious geometry problem, but their "more than asymmetric" wear is still strange, explanations: new-transport / nokian-weatherproof wear-asymmetric-strange-after-25-000-km-t16038.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/06/19, 23:20

And the Nokian are not at all first at the moment: 3 / 10 in wear!

tableau_recap-1.png
tableau_recap-1.png (9.71 KB) Viewed 18393 times

https://blog.allopneus.com/comparatif-t ... s-saisons/

My next will be CrossClimate ... after adjusting the geometry of course!
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."