What about the compressed air car?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.

Did you know the compressed air car?

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 23
jp_souq
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

What about the compressed air car?

by jp_souq » 11/07/08, 13:10

Hello,

First of all well done for this forum discussion where you learn a lot. I am however surprised not to see on your site subjects on the compressed air car.

It is a very economical French invention, which does not pollute (and which even rejects cleaner air than when entering the engine), which makes little noise, and which has an autonomy comparable to the modes of current alternative propulsion (200km, approximately like an electric car). The full compressed air costs 1,5 euros, nothing to do with a full gasoline, and even electricity ... Bi-fuel exists with this system, and allows to have more autonomy 1000km.

Obviously, this invention does not interest anyone in industrial circles, because it would bring down the windfall of oil tankers and manufacturers. But the first compressed air cars should see the light of day in 2009 for a very affordable price, starting at 3500 euros. We will see the impact of this invention on the car of the future.

More information here:

code: Select all

http://www.mdi.lu

I attach to this message a small survey to see if this invention is known or not on the Web.

Thanks for reading me.

JP
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 11/07/08, 13:43

well first, you must use the search function of forum with mdi as your keyword and you will see that the subject has already been discussed at length and repeatedly.
0 x
Click my signature
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 11/07/08, 14:02

Hello,
I would like to know where the compressed air car is,
if possible i want to buy a proto and promote it, is it possible?

what are the prices, ditto for the generator?

I thought I saw a diesel / compressed air hybrid model where we could provide vegetable oil assistance, for 5000 €? is it correct ?

is recharging only on a nuclear electrical outlet?

thanks.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 11/07/08, 14:17

jonule wrote:[..] is recharging only on a nuclear electrical outlet? [...]
Are you a little kéblo on that, are you? : Shock:
Do you know Enercoop?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 11/07/08, 14:29

jonule wrote:I would like to know where the compressed air car is

At first glance, the concept is attractive, a compressed air tank is simpler, lighter and less polluting than batteries.
What is problematic is the lack of autonomy and the danger of explosion in the event of an accident.
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: What about the air car?

by Chatham » 11/07/08, 14:30

jp_souq wrote:I am however surprised not to see on your site subjects on the compressed air car.

It is a very economical French invention, which does not pollute (and which even rejects cleaner air than when entering the engine), which makes little noise, and which has an autonomy comparable to the modes of current alternative propulsion (200km, approximately like an electric car). The full compressed air costs 1,5 euros, nothing to do with a full gasoline, and even electricity ... Bi-fuel exists with this system, and allows to have more autonomy 1000km.

But the first compressed air cars should see the light of day in 2009 for a very affordable price, starting at 3500 euros. We will see the impact of this invention on the car of the future.

Uh, the compressed air car is a disguised electric car because it has to be compressed before rolling this air ...
make little noise: the MDI make a nasty cart noise ...
Do not reject anything: there is still a small rejection of lubricating oil ... Cars at € 3500 is not for us ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 11/07/08, 14:44

for my part 5000 € will go very well for a 4 or 5 places, dual-energy.

> Lumberjack, for nuclear power I know what I think about it, I don't have to come back to it, and we must stop believing that electricity of nuclear origin is a clean NRj. am I wrong?
it is not to be kéblo it is to be convinced and to NO longer make amalgams;

> question to M.MDI: what is the dual-energy consumption and can we put vegetable oil in it?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 11/07/08, 14:57

jonule wrote:[...]> Lumberjack, for nuclear power I know what I think, I do not have to come back to it, and we must stop believing that electricity of nuclear origin is a clean NRj. am I wrong?
it is not to be kéblo it is to be convinced and NO longer make amalgams; -) [...]
1) Have you read my question above? : roll:
2) Don't make your interlocutors say what they don't say!
3) Try to think things through before posting ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 11/07/08, 15:01

yes Bucheron I know Enercoop, but only by name and reputation;

someone from this forum Is he there, can he talk about prices, subscriptions and services?

they guarantee the production of green energy ... per kw, but the electricity which runs through the network and which is present there, through the SDE (energy union, specific to each municipality) may be of nuclear origin , so this is still a low%.

do we know the height of this% in France?
0 x
jp_souq
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jp_souq » 11/07/08, 16:30

well first, you must use the search function of forum with mdi as your keyword and you will see that the subject has already been discussed at length and repeatedly.

I had not seen, thanks for the information. I will see.

What is problematic is the lack of autonomy and the danger of explosion in the event of an accident.

Lack of autonomy is always a problem, yes, but one that can be easily overcome. First, for cars that only drive in the city, most trips are only a few kilometers. A range of 200km is therefore largely sufficient. For longer journeys, bi-fuel is a good alternative.

EDIT: on the danger of explosion, MDI ensures that the cylinders can hardly explode, being made of carbon fiber. But we should be sure, because in the event of an impact, the air released would form a shock which would throw debris in a lethal manner. What is it really like?

Uh, the compressed air car is a disguised electric car because it has to be compressed before rolling this air ...
make little noise: the MDI make a nasty cart noise ...
Do not reject anything: there is still a small rejection of lubricating oil ... Cars at € 3500 is not for us ...

The air is indeed compressed by a compressor, which operates either with electricity or with conventional fuel. But the ratio of energy supplied / energy obtained is much more favorable than in the case of the electric. For a range of 200km, an electric car recharges in 8 hours of charging, while the electric compressor which recharges the air cylinders does so in 5:30. And with a petrol compressor, 3 minutes are enough to fully recharge the air cylinders. The advantage is therefore real.

For the noise, I agree, I saw the videos again, the prototypes are quite noisy. But the ranges seem to be improving.

On discharges, this seems negligible, because the air is filtered.

question to M.MDI: what is the consumption of bi-energy and can we put vegetable oil in it?

In bi-energy, the MDI site indicates 2,2 liters per 100km for dual fuel petrol, as well as a range of 1300 km. For the addition of vegetable oil, I don't know.
0 x