What about the compressed air car?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.

Did you know the compressed air car?

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 23
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 15/07/08, 16:33

yes, stirred I wanted to use your expression "dispersed" but 'I wrote too quickly sorry.

but bah, flower pollens would also be dispersed, for better biodiversity! seen that they disappear ... you see that does not hold, and indeed it is minimal compared to the winds.

but you mean: there must be a sacred air filtration ?!
0 x
jp_souq
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jp_souq » 15/07/08, 17:01

Leo Maximus wrote:Another thing: Guy Nègre's MDI company, you can consult its identity and balance sheets on:

http://www.societe.com/cgi-bin/recherche?rncs=431325307

There are lots of zeros everywhere, I find that a little surprising ... (secret defense?) : Lol:

The company does not yet sell its products, and conducts its research with Indian funds. It is therefore normal to have a turnover equal to zero. A priori, according to the CEO, the first exercise where the cars would be marketed is 2009. We will see!
0 x
gatesquiro
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Reload air cylinders with hydraulic power

by gatesquiro » 20/07/08, 22:59

Hi everybody,

Being in the mountains, with a water intake on my farm I ask this question: it would be necessary to recharge the car tanks using hydraulic energy.
Using the ram system it seems doable to me. I don't know the pressure in the bottles ...
We can also imagine small rafts with wheels allowing the same thing (for people in the plain, near a river).

Thank you for your answers

PS: hoping that this car will finally see the light of day (personally I've heard about it since 2004
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

compressed air car

by bobono » 21/07/08, 05:44

Recharge in 3 mins

It is a transfer of already compressed air from a tank to the vehicle tank.

For filling with an electric compressor of course it varies according to the power of the compressor but 5 hours possible

also the heat produced by compression can heat water or the home.

IT MAY DAMAGE THAT THE ELECTRIC VEHICLE SEEMS TAKING THE TOP FOR THE MOMENT.
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 21/07/08, 10:12

300bar tanks remain dangerous

on the other hand, the efficiency on charging compressed air is less good than on batteries

moreover, apart from France, the majority of the EEC countries make their electricity from coal, i.e. their electric or compressed air cars will be more polluting than petrol or diesel cars ... :?

By cons recharge the electric or compressed air from wind, hydraulics or photo voltaic, there ok

the best system currently: a 15KW (20hp) thermal or stirling engine (see the best efficiency) coupled to an alternator that recharges an ion / lithium battery (or a super capacity) capable of rendering 100KW instantaneously (the accelerated phases of acceleration represent only 3 % of vehicle use, average power required is between 10 and 15KW continuously)

the air conditioning can thus be coupled to the heat engine (1KW taken for 4KW cold returned) and the heating also on the cooling circuit

4 brushless motors of 20KW in the wheels and here is a 2x4 and 4x4 vehicle that will consume between 1 and 3L / 100 maximum
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 21/07/08, 12:40

This is a very interesting proposal Capt, a hybrid system with on-board energy production, but I think that the system leads to an increase in the weight of the vehicles (higher consumption when autonomy is not at stake) and nuisance from vehicle (imposing vehicle in town, noise and direct pollution to passers-by).

Given the classic use of vehicles in Europe, and given the fact that many families have two vehicles, it would be interesting to consider vehicles for extra-urban use, hybrid type, and in parallel all-electric vehicles or air, for urban and peri-urban use.

All-electric vehicles would, for example, be three-carrier, of which only the central wheel would have an engine, limited to 80 or 120 km / h due to insufficient power, but having more than 90 km of range at speeds. urban and peri-urban averages (between 30 to 70 km / h with current batteries ...). These vehicles would reduce nuisance in the heart of the city, and would finally allow more suitable individual transport: stop moving 80 kilos in a vehicle that weighs 1100!

I even wonder how the next progress of electrical storage (nanotechnologies therefore increase in exchange surfaces at equivalent volume, key system for batteries, fuel cells and supercapacitors ...) could not authorize in 3 years the design of all-electric vehicles traveling at 130 km / h for two hours, after which a break is necessary ... But we are not there yet!

Regarding electricity production, without discussing too much about the current efficiency of photovoltaic panels, we know today that with a little ingenuity, the sensors can hope to progress up to 30% to 40% performance, and replace our old house covers, as well as paintings of our walls. MIT even develops solar windows... So the home charging from a renewable production system is already practiced and can continue to develop pleasantly ...

This same electricity can be used at home for a compressor, but as has been pointed out several times, it takes a trick to recover the heat "lost" during the compression of an air system, otherwise, it really holds. not the road, neither as a replacement for current cars, nor in competition with electric vehicles ... Otherwise, on solar concentrating systems or wind power systems, we can always directly produce compressed air to reduce compressor losses, but 300 bars, that's still problematic!
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 21/07/08, 12:55

Capt_Maloche wrote:300bar tanks remain dangerous

It should be noted that the scuba diving tanks are inflated to comparable pressures, higher even during the testing and that at the moment there are thousands in use.

How is it that it is not prohibited?
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 21/07/08, 13:25

@maximus,
perhaps because collisions at 80km / h between divers are rare! : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
Click my signature
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 21/07/08, 14:30

dirk pitt wrote:@maximus,
perhaps because collisions at 80km / h between divers are rare! : Lol: : Lol:

Sorry, the inflated diving cylinders can be transported by car, and at over 80 km / h.

The firefighters themselves transport bottles inflated to pressures of 300 bars, how is it that the firefighters are not all in prison? :D :D :D
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 21/07/08, 15:34

Just passing through Nice, a long time ago, I read in Nice Matin that Guy Negre met a minister from Angola to develop his vehicle there.

And that MDI had participated in a low cost Indian car.

Here it is.

after for the air motor ..... for the moment it's wind ..
0 x