Economic analyzes on the passage from 90 km / h to 80 km / h in France ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Economic analyzes on the passage from 90 km / h to 80 km / h in France ...

by Grelinette » 17/07/18, 12:13

nico239 wrote:Do not extrapolate what I have not said there is no question of staying at home but to ROLL LESS ...

So, so, so .... what speed would ideally be yours? Image Image Image

To answer this question in a very pragmatic way, I would say it depends on the context.
If the context makes it possible to drive at 130 kmh with a limited risk, why not. On the other hand if the context suggests that riding at more than 80 kmh will create unjustified additional risks, I trust those who have assessed the risk and I accept this limit.

Keep in mind that this 80 kmh speed limit only applies to sections of road that meet specific risk assessment criteria: two-way roads without central separator (55% of road deaths) (sources)

After we can discuss hours on the reliability of your car and your tires, your qualities of good driver, fuel consumption, etc, but a measure like this is to consider with all the factors that allowed its creation, even though some seem questionable.

I pester a few times when I have to drive 30 kmh in some urban areas (it even happens to me by bike), and even that 130 kmh on the highway could be exceeded in some cases ... and then a few weeks ago a My child was fatally knocked down in my neighborhood by a driver, not even a driver, who thought he could drive a little faster than the indicated 30 kmh limit ... it puts the record straight.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 17/07/18, 17:01

Grelinette wrote:
nico239 wrote:Do not extrapolate what I have not said there is no question of staying at home but to ROLL LESS ...

So, so, so .... what speed would ideally be yours? Image Image Image

To answer this question in a very pragmatic way, I would say it depends on the context.

I find your answer very relevant.

And that's often how I practice.

Unless I make my stubborn to emm .... my neighbor. : Mrgreen: or by mere fear of a possible maréchaussée.

Especially since that says road and including road without separator does not necessarily say ... traffic and this we often forget.

No doubt a biker reflex that sends gas when he is alone and suspicious of EVERYONE as soon as he is surrounded.

In many circumstances the limitations are wrong one way or the other without mentioning the weather conditions where in many cases the majority of motorists who observe the speed limits drive too fast.

BUT let's put on the cap of the mass manager: how to do it?

On the highway part it would be quite easy as it is sometimes the case to have VARIABLE speed panels depending on traffic and weather conditions.

Variable speed that could oscillate very much besides to prevent traffic jams instead we are allowed to ride stupidly 130 during the 50km before a cap that will force us to stop while if ALL vehicles fall to 80 on highway to from (for example) 70km BEFORE the stopper constituted ... then all these vehicles will NOT be affected by the stopper instead of throwing it head down.

But as highway companies do not invest anything and are only there to pick up a maximum ... I think it's a wishful wish

On an open road it's more complex and there besides the stupid and nasty mass constraint (like the pesticides that unravel everything without discernment) I do not see .... although

I would gladly buy a cheap car whose maximum speed would technically be .... 140 ... which would cost me less in insurance, which would consume very little, with just the necessary recovery, but no more, to double and who would constrain (but is it a constraint?) to a plane plan driving on open road ...

Maybe it exists elsewhere?

I had several and I still have and my faith apart on highway where they did not hold the (130) I do not see where is the concern.

Just for info this article in the tone of the discussion

https://www.journaldunet.com/economie/e ... encementvo
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 28/07/18, 15:59

I just made 750 km in a row, at about 50% on secondary roads now limited to 80.

Initially, I gave my destination to the GPS and he told me an arrival time at 21: 30.

My GPS is not up to date, so it always tells me that speed is limited to 90 on portions of roads to 80.

I respected all the limitations. Thank you for reading the panels because the 80 is displayed in red on the dashboard while the GPS displays a 90 in white. So it's not a useless gadget.

I stopped 1 hour. The GPS gave me a new arrival time at 22: 30 and I got to ... 22: 30!

So I found that the limitation to 80 had no effect on the journey time.
2 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 29/07/18, 11:48

At one time I was working at 200km from home, I was doing one round trip a week, 3 average hours of driving. I had already tried to drive 80km / h instead of 90km / h to save fuel.
I do not remember the savings made, it was not significant but very real despite everything. Level journey time, I think that on average it increased 10mn (on a journey of 3h I recall) so not really significant.
I did not do it long because I found it dangerous to have trailers that stick to your ass.

With the new limitation, I drive at 80km / h since early June (just to be used to the day because you have to adapt his habits) I work much less far (30km) and I did not notice any difference in time. trip, I always leave at the same time and I do not arrive late.
There is more variability depending on the density of traffic (like when you fall behind a farm machine or a car without a license) than by the legal speed limit.
Consumption level, I went from 5.7l / 100km 5.3l / 100km or the current price of diesel about 43ct / 100km so roughly 4 € by full
1 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 01/08/18, 14:51

Hello,

Feedback is always very interesting, in any case more than theoretical projections that are rarely verified in the field, and even if being very attentive to compare 2 situations (from 90 and 80 km / h) inevitably changes its habits and influences the results. In everyday life we ​​have an instinctive and unconscious behavior (in the sense that we do not control everything, but not necessarily dangerous) and the feeling of things is often very subjective.

Moreover, we are often deceived by our perception of things and the precise measures allow to rectify the received ideas. For example, in another area, I know a top athlete, national and international champion in his discipline. Recently a startup offered him a new device to measure in real time all physical and bio-chemical data related to a physical effort in competition: the measurements showed that the athlete had a misconception of most of the data he was made according to his feelings ... and yet he has nothing to prove in view of his results!
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/08/18, 15:39

First assessment after 1 months of application:

0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 19/08/18, 23:18

In order to facilitate the recognition work of automatic number plates reading by automatic radars along our roads, the National Gendarmerie recommends that motorists regularly clean their number plates.

In fact, did you know that a dirty and / or unreadable plate is generally not recognized by the optical recognition system and requires the intervention of an agent to confirm the identification? This has a strong impact on the financial profitability of the contraventions. Clean regularly its plate remains a citizen act.

The National Gendarmerie invites you to massively share this practical information on social networks.

1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/08/18, 01:10

Christophe wrote:First assessment after 1 months of application:

About radars it would be very interesting to have the balance sheets of the managing companies for this activity.

Because, beyond the emotional aspect, the management of the radars is, coldly, neither more nor less than a company with its losses and its profits

I would like one day to publish radar cost accounting.

I have always thought, maybe wrongly, that radars were reporting less and less over time: because regular motorists know them and therefore are wary and I do not feel that new flashes, casuals and careless mistakes by regular motorists compensate for the steady decline.

So it would be very interesting to know the breakeven point of EACH radar.

For example: ours, lost in the pampas (compared to those of the cities) are regularly tagged therefore require vis-à-vis 50 ale of interventions per year if not more .....

As a result there is no 36 solution to increase overall profitability:
- increase the number of radars, but it's a bit of a leap forward
- reduce the threshold effect: what we have just experienced with the transition to 80.

How long will the impact of this decline revive production?

The profitability of the system is largely based on the driver's eye, who wants to be smarter than the system and who, as a result, is more or less regularly shout

The day or the intelligence of the motorist will take precedence over his pride and he will understand that the best way to kill the system is to NEVER get gummed there it may be the hallali of the system .

Oh if overnight automatic radars did not pay anything: the top

In terms of accounting, we should also know how much of a drop in profitability the system can start to break, even if .... the taxpayer's money can also help keep his head out of the water ...

For the moment we are still in an expansionist phase ... but until when?
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 20/08/18, 07:15

There is more than that of tagged radars. I must say that I do not drive much either, on the other hand a lot of red light cameras in the big city and more and more discreet.

I did not put a link but it was a joke http://www.scienceinfo.fr, the shots dirty plates : Mrgreen:
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 21/08/18, 01:59

izentrop wrote:There is more than that of tagged radars. I must say that I do not drive much either, on the other hand a lot of red light cameras in the big city and more and more discreet.

I did not put a link but it was a joke http://www.scienceinfo.fr, the shots dirty plates : Mrgreen:

But it seems to me, however, that one must have clean plates.
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."