AF66: explosion of a GP7200 reactor on Airbus A380 over the Atlantic

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Re: AF66: explosion of a GP7200 engine on Airbus A380 over the Atlantic

by Christophe » 01/02/18, 15:09

Ah here is news: the investigation has just been opened ... the criminal part at least!

https://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2018/0 ... paris.html

The images had impressed the whole world. At the end of September 2017, the passengers of an Air France flight between Paris and Los Angeles had witnessed the loss of part of one of the four engines of the Airbus A380 which transported them. The superjumbo and its 520 passengers (496 passengers and 24 crew members) had to land in an emergency at the Goose Bay military airport in Canada.

Following this incident which left no one injured, eleven passengers had decided to file a complaint against X on December 11, 2017 for endangering the lives of others. Ten residents in France and one in the United States. Following this complaint, the Paris Public Prosecutor's Office has just opened a preliminary investigation which has been entrusted to the research section of the Air Transport Gendarmerie (GTA).

https://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/socie ... 81378.html

A preliminary investigation was opened by the Paris prosecutor's office, after the filing of a complaint by passengers of an A380 which had suffered engine damage during a Paris-Los Angeles flight in late September.

They filed a complaint against X in December for endangering the lives of others. This investigation was entrusted to the research section of the gendarmerie of air transport, explains Agence France Presse, confirming information from Le Point this Thursday.

Not bad this video of the last 10 minutes of the flight! It looks like the black boxes have leaked! : Cheesy:

Finally the thesis of the meteorite could save a lot of money for Air France and / or Airbus ... remains to be "proven" : Cheesy:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 01/02/18, 16:59

No "leaks" from the black box: these are the recordings of the control tower, since there is all the dialogue with the firefighters and the guide vehicle ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 01/02/18, 17:06

Christophe wrote:Ah here is news: the investigation has just been opened ... the criminal part at least!

I think it is more accurate to say that the technical investigation, which must have started in the hours following the landing, is now added a judicial investigation, following a complaint (obviously to make money - we are in the Americanization of justice; we complain that there was no reception on site, no planes available - whereas we have just landed urgently on a military base, a "alternate airport"; afterwards, I do not know how to appreciate the time taken to make a device available).

Obviously, the "BEA" part is in progress, since the Danish (who had the territorial competence) delegated the matter to the BEA, which is in connection with the American office ... I imagine that the plane was examined and auscultated on site carefully before replacing the engine, and that everything was checked at the various stages of the repair (since the A380 is flying again), all the parts recovered (on the tape, one of the vehicles on the ground speaks to collect parts to give them to them - so he must have fallen again during the landing ...).
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 01/02/18, 18:48

Did67 wrote:following a complaint (obviously to make wheat - we are in the Americanization of justice;

Not better.....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/02/18, 22:58

All this venality leaves me with a bitter taste ...

I say loud and clear to the passengers of flight AF66: be happy to be still alive bunch of venal egoists, others did not have your chance !!!

You had the balls, you were "upset" ... Alright ... so what? Because you've probably never had another unforeseen event in your life?

All the pilots were afraid one day .... You do not want to be afraid? You stay in your bed! : Cheesy:

Instead of filing a complaint against Airbus or Air France because you are still alive, you should light a candle and give to the associations of the real victims of air crashes and thank the flying crew ...

Well I think I'm going to "sell" this argument to Airbus and Air France! Oh shit, here I am as venal as them ... : Mrgreen:

ps: if you must lose a loved one, make sure that it is in an air crash ... it PAYS A MAX !!! Shit humanity !!!
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/02/18, 23:13

By the way, the title of the complaint is therefore "Endangering the life of others" (other sows ????)

But none injured ... Should explain to me the principle: can you put a life in danger without being injured?

Ah yes the psychological and moral injury ??? What does Cyril Hanouna think? : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/02/18, 00:31

endangering the lives of others it would be in the case where an airline flies a garbage plane, poorly maintained ... even if an accident is avoided thanks to the skill of the pilots if it is proven that there gross negligence constitutes a danger to the lives of others

gross negligence may also be an aircraft manufacturer who allows aircraft to fly which have a dangerous fault without correcting it

in this case I imagine neither air france nor airbus to be guilty of that ... but there are 11 passengers who accuse and justice must do their job

I am rather to congratulate the pilots for their capacity to face this kind of unforeseen ... and to congratulate those who designed the plane for having designed an aircraft which remains flyable after this kind of damage ... see simpler machines that are completely broken down at the slightest defect in a detail

aviation is really the opposite of planned obsolescence ... it is the search for reliability pushed to the maximum ... when there is a defect it is known around the world, but despite the number aircraft that fly faults are spectacularly rare
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 02/02/18, 10:34

We always forget that there is an "order of magnitude" of 10 commercial planes in the air at the same time, all the time (even if it drops a little when it is noon in the middle of the Pacific). Or around 000 people.

It is, strictly speaking, mind-blowing.

Regarding the complaint, there are now lawyers in France who make a living from this: in case a defect [technical therefore real or simply in a procedure - a check that has not been done, etc.] is discovered, there is then the possibility of winning a maximum ... Of course, if it is an "accidental accident" (the meteorite, for example), they will be able to go scratch! But as we do not know, we might as well move a marble forward! File a complaint. And encumber justice, which is struggling ... and will have a little more.

I almost bet you that they are very right-wing "executives", who also complain about too high taxes, see tax advisers who organize the evasion, which deprives justice of the means it would need! I admit that I am reckoning and I am a whore!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/18, 11:09

Did67 wrote:No "leaks" from the black box: these are the recordings of the control tower, since there is all the dialogue with the firefighters and the guide vehicle ...

Well yes maybe it comes from the ground but it should still be confidential right? Since the technical investigation is not closed ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/18, 11:19

chatelot16 wrote:endangering the lives of others it would be in the case where an airline flies a garbage plane, poorly maintained ... even if an accident is avoided thanks to the skill of the pilots if it is proven that there gross negligence constitutes a danger to the lives of others

gross negligence may also be an aircraft manufacturer who allows aircraft to fly which have a dangerous fault without correcting it

in this case I imagine neither air france nor airbus to be guilty of that ... but there are 11 passengers who accuse and justice must do their job

There is no "voluntary" endangerment of the life of others, this is why I think, I hope, that they will be rejected ...

Some people pay a lot of money to get an adrenaline rush ... To (re) feel "alive", they got it for free !! : Cheesy:

Did67 wrote:I almost bet you that they are very right-wing "executives", who also complain about too high taxes, see tax advisers who organize the evasion, which deprives justice of the means it would need! I admit that I am reckoning and I am a whore!

It is quite possible, what is fortunate is that there are only 11 ... out of 497 passengers? That is to say 1 in 50 people ... which remains very reasonable ... it is a classic social proportion of "assholes / extremists" ... But beware, it could snowball ...

Justice should sanction more abusive procedures ... or simply not accept them ...
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."