Aeromobil s.r.o. aeromobil is a flying car, return the flying car

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: AeroMobil is a flying car, return of the flying car

by Grelinette » 13/06/16, 11:50

There is also this flying car model: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHJTZ7k0BXU

and this video of a "homemade" flying motorcycle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soxxPyaAT1k
(which is similar from time to time in chopper to pilot ...)
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/06/16, 12:02

Remundo wrote:this thing is going to be an energetic chasm ... and motorizing it only from batteries is just a joke (23 minutes of flight, probably less ...).

It is necessary minimum a generator of 100 kW, in my opinion + tank of gasoline + some batteries-buffer.

I think it's similar to a classic helicopter (ok chopper it's a sinkhole we agree) ... and I'd be interested to read a complete comparative balance between helicopter and UAV technologies ...

Otherwise we have a topic on the ehang: Transportation-electric / l-ehang-184-first-drone-to-man-t14437.html

The advantage of the human drone is its incredible flexibility that no other aircraft can claim, not even a paramotor ... which was already the most flexible flying device ...

After it is not tomorrow that we risk seeing flying in Europe .... but this is the administrative side ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 13/06/16, 12:31

At 1 mio for the AeroMobil, if I'm in a hurry, I rent a car instead to go to the airport and take a flying machine whose technology has been designed to ... fly! Because it a hybrid vehicle will always compromise (VS aerodynamic handling in flight) that seems to me quite contradictory.
So for a simple matter of safety (I care about my skin) I will always take gear with specific specializations depending on the mode of transport. We are in utopia.

Grelinette wrote:There is also this flying car model: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHJTZ7k0BXU

Can not synthetic image? The AeroMobil really flew.
I like a kind of electric autocopter comment:
- "Engine recharges the batteries"

Screenshot 2016-06-13 to 12.12.12.png
Mwouahaha, thanks to this system, Solar impulse no longer needs solar panels, kilkoolol

Grelinette wrote:and this video of a "homemade" flying motorcycle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soxxPyaAT1k
(which is akin to from time to time in chopper to pilot ...)
The advantage is that the pieces of flesh to pick up, are smaller in case of crash : Oops: : roll:
To mow the grass? There is also a BBQ side at the end.
Unless it is grilled by an unexpected power line on the course?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/08/19, 20:23

Focus on the flying car in August 2019:

1 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 18/08/19, 00:09

We do not talk about Terrafugia anymore?

https://www.aerobuzz.fr/breves-industri ... -chinoise/
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/08/19, 09:36

We talked about it a lot here: new-transport / Terrafugia-true-wheel vehicle-hybrid-car-plane t7868.html a long time ago...

Whatever the project of a flying car is: it's a hybrid, a chimera ... and it will always be good, neither a good car nor a good plane and for a price that goes beyond that of a good car. AND a modest airplane but with aero performance superior to the hybrid ... sorry for this franc spoken. There is nothing else to add.

If there was any interest, the military would already have their model ... no doubt ...

The drone or motorized VTOL who does not wear his road part in the air seems to me the only viable compromise ... but it requires a captive fleet ...

ps: on the video posted one of the models looks more like a foldable gyrocopter than a flying car ...
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 19/08/19, 09:45

I think we could make a decent plane with a minimalist road part. The wings must be able to fold, it requires steerable propellers electric motor, and a generator in the center of the aircraft.

The battery should be as small as possible to limit the weight.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/08/19, 10:31

a minimalist part of the road is not a good car and it penalizes air transport ... cqfd ...

Michel Kieffer calculated that the hybrid aircraft had no interest (strong degradation of the mass ratio + increased risks)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 19/08/19, 13:17

precisely, with a VTOL approach (or ADAV in French), we can afford to have a minimalist car part for some small displacements on the ground (say max 20 km 80 km / h); for any long distance, we take off and we walk as the crow flies, often shorter than by the road. :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/08/19, 16:09

Except that the projects presented here of flying car (aeromobil, terafugia ...) it is not VTOL ...

Ah, if AeroMobile now has a VTOL version: https://www.aeromobil.com/aeromobil-5_0-vtol/ (It's beautiful the computer graphics)
1 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."