A new site on the compressed air car

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Eric DUPONT
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Eric DUPONT » 27/01/08, 10:31

it takes two kilos of plastic to make 1 kg of carbon fiber.

a production line is quite expensive, but there are not many.
0 x
micdhi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by micdhi » 27/01/08, 21:29

good evening everyone:
I would like to understand, if we display motorair on google, we find motorair in canada (in Quebec), is it a friend or a competitor ???
0 x
"life has more imagination than our dreams carry" christophe COLOMB
Eric DUPONT
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Eric DUPONT » 27/01/08, 21:53

the world is small. What are our Canadian motorair friends doing?
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 28/01/08, 02:04

Hello
micdhi wrote:good evening everyone:
I would like to understand, if we display motorair on google, we find motorair in canada (in Quebec), is it a friend or a competitor ???

Motorair is located in Beloeil at the end of the runway at the airport, I know well (Pierre) he sells aircraft engine parts and aircraft equipment. the name of his company dates from the 80s

Andre
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 28/01/08, 20:42

Funny, in Belgium there is a village which is also called Beloeil.
There is a magnificent castle there! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
micdhi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by micdhi » 28/01/08, 20:45

Andre wrote:
Motorair is located in Beloeil at the end of the runway at the airport, I know well (Pierre) he sells aircraft engine parts and aircraft equipment.

it has no connection with compressed air motors then ????
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 28/01/08, 21:21

Looks like no! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
micdhi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by micdhi » 30/01/08, 23:08

Good evening
we still have 4 looking in this direction.
motorair, MDI, kernelys.free, electro air bike at least on the latter, we see an evolution and video tests ....
even if personally, I think that all are mistaken, because an internal combustion engine cannot be identical to an air motor.
MDI for example uses pistons with a traditional back and forth movement, on a thermal ok, because now the expansive combustion can be spread in the race on the common rail; therefore an expansion still possible when the crankshaft has made 90 degrees. so the moment or the couple is the most important. but for a tire the thrust on the piston decreases and quickly, there is no more punch when the crankshaft is at 90 degrees of rotation.
it seems to me that already engines of different design, would be more suitable.
for example, variable displacement motors (variable torque transmitted, variable power) which dispenses with a gearbox,
or motors of the gerotor type, high torque motor, or with pistons and external cams, the latter have cams which form a constant slope therefore constant torque, throughout their travels for the same and constant pressure, out as you know a reciprocating piston engine, can in no case have this advantage, because the linear speed differs, and its torque transmitted, throughout its stroke, and the air injection can be done only around the top dead center , therefore on the place where the crankshaft lever arm is weakest, (minimum torque). while on the engines that I mentioned the lever arm via the cam is constant and continuous throughout its course, ...... in short it would be necessary to reinvent the air motor, specific to air.
0 x
Eric DUPONT
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Eric DUPONT » 31/01/08, 12:49

if there are torque problems it is possible to add a flywheel that rotates more or less quickly.

for solar is it possible to run a sterling engine with residential solar is there a post on this subject?
0 x
micdhi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by micdhi » 31/01/08, 23:16

Eric Dupont wrote:if there are torque problems it is possible to add a flywheel that rotates more or less quickly.

good evening:
this kind of response is called a wrong answer, because a flywheel only gives back what it has been given, and again provided that it is sufficiently launched. if there is no torque to throw it it becomes a defect.
but my previous message, was to point out to you, that you will not have the totality of what you expect, by making a pneumatic engine, following the traditional engine, with piston, crankshaft connecting rod. because the expansion of a combustion, has nothing to do with, a pneumatic expansion, on a modern heat engine, the combustion can still be there when the piston is at PMB, for this reason, we open the front exhaust valve to avoid that the piston does not go back up, with still pressurized residues, therefore a back pressure. to do the equivalent, you would need an injection of air along the downstroke, and actually only have 50 percent of the maximum torque possible.
for this reason, I recommend rather than the classic piston engine, which has a lever arm differ depending on the position, of its piston to prefer a cam and piston model, and there the torque is constant THROUGHOUT the stroke of the piston.
in short, I suggest you choose between 2 motors, one which has a torque that differs according to its stroke, and a peak at 90 degrees from its stroke, and one motor that has its maximum torque throughout its stroke.
ps: each energy, have their specific engine, the tire does not have the same engine as the thermal, of that I am sure.
0 x